1.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 5/11/2022, 09:31 PM) 
    Catching up again but regarding the discussion up thread:

I just can’t make myself like Tens. I don’t like her dress or decorating style. I don’t think she really has one - beyond hiring people to implement all the latest trends from Instagram (the bright wallpapered bathroom, the mirrors with diagonal insets, a dark blue room with bright white crown molding, check, check check).

There’s just something kind of fake about her. Being the doting, cool, fun mom is her thing…and she knows it. She and her friends are the Insta-mommy crowd. Posting “candids” of themselves with identical long, waved hair and surrounded cheek to cheek with their little angel(s). Shots of toothy grins and fingerpaint covered hands. An occasional perfectly angled swimsuit shot on vacay. A self deprecating comment about that #momlife and a cheeky quote from one of the kids.

There’s just something a little mean girl, a little performative about her that just doesn’t sit quite right.

TWO things

since the beginning of the Bakery we have said-JEN and Don have $$$$WHY THE HELLL dont They hire a decorator and change the drab house that looks like a waiting room for a Funeral Home???
    Tens did that
    GOOD FOR HER

Also wild and Crazy Guest bathrooms have been a THING for 30-or more years
    -We have a Yearly Parade of Homes and I have attended a lot-the Half bath was always where the Crazy floor or wallpaper was-its been a decorating trend for a very very long time

But your statements of Tens an friends and their INSTA_Mommy life, and their fake poses, with their kids etc
    There are 4 in that shared pic
    3 have shut down tight social media
    the one that posted ONLY posts Business related stuff-so i dont know where you see thsee braggy posts?

(and YES i saw the pics Karma had-typical IG posts I see from young Moms I know)

so even tho i think some of her clothes are a bit "de'shabille" (French) I am cheering her on for the kids sake

2.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I feel like Jen shows ALOT of schizoid traits. https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental...nality-disorder

From what I understand, which admittedly isn’t a lot, schizoid people tend to be isolated, avoidant loners. And the reason they are loners is because they don’t even want friends or intimacy. The more I see of what Jen is doing post-divorce, the more I think divorce was a good idea for the kids. Hopefully when they are at RM3 they are exposed to a warm, loving, non-dysfunctional family. And even better that it seems like they are spending most of their free time at RM3 instead of with Jen.

(I know in the past some people have gotten a lot of flack for “diagnosing” Jen, but people call her a narcissist all the time, so I hope this is okay.)

3.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    How come I’m just now finding out about the polar express party at the Rosses?!? Such a cute idea. Reminds me of my parents. They have their very own pumpkin patch during the fall. Obviously they have the children pick their own pumpkins, plan fun artistic activities, drink apple cider and eat apple cider donuts. The thing with Jen and the ex inlaws I think she was nervous. Many times with social anxiety and nerves, you try to make a great impression and it could come off as snobby with awkward comments. Something I’ve been thinking since finding Jen’s channel

4.     +11   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Patreon may be Jen's safe place away from Tens and her friends. Something went down when Tens was no longer following Jen, she may have removed herself, or Jen may have removed Tens, who knows, and by something going down, it could have been the smallest thing that Jen took offence too. Nothing major, but how dare anyone contradict or advise Jen.

The Friends tag line could be to Jen with her put downs and friends fighting back on Tens behalf, or it could be to Bakers who tried to follow. Either of those I dont find a bad thing. Jen is a vindictive cow almost all the time. It would not surprise me if she made a slurry of sly comments, and if to Bakers, then people need to stop following and friending or liking their posts.

I know my friends and I have often done things to support one another, not caring what anyone else thinks, our friend comes first, something Jen will never understand.

5.     +13   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Beetrix @ 5/12/2022, 07:07 AM) 
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 5/11/2022, 09:31 PM) 
    Catching up again but regarding the discussion up thread:

I just can’t make myself like Tens. I don’t like her dress or decorating style. I don’t think she really has one - beyond hiring people to implement all the latest trends from Instagram (the bright wallpapered bathroom, the mirrors with diagonal insets, a dark blue room with bright white crown molding, check, check check).

There’s just something kind of fake about her. Being the doting, cool, fun mom is her thing…and she knows it. She and her friends are the Insta-mommy crowd. Posting “candids” of themselves with identical long, waved hair and surrounded cheek to cheek with their little angel(s). Shots of toothy grins and fingerpaint covered hands. An occasional perfectly angled swimsuit shot on vacay. A self deprecating comment about that #momlife and a cheeky quote from one of the kids.

There’s just something a little mean girl, a little performative about her that just doesn’t sit quite right.

TWO things

since the beginning of the Bakery we have said-JEN and Don have $$$$WHY THE HELLL dont They hire a decorator and change the drab house that looks like a waiting room for a Funeral Home???
    Tens did that
    GOOD FOR HER

Also wild and Crazy Guest bathrooms have been a THING for 30-or more years
    -We have a Yearly Parade of Homes and I have attended a lot-the Half bath was always where the Crazy floor or wallpaper was-its been a decorating trend for a very very long time

But your statements of Tens an friends and their INSTA_Mommy life, and their fake poses, with their kids etc
    There are 4 in that shared pic
    3 have shut down tight social media
    the one that posted ONLY posts Business related stuff-so i dont know where you see thsee braggy posts?

(and YES i saw the pics Karma had-typical IG posts I see from young Moms I know)

so even tho i think some of her clothes are a bit "de'shabille" (French) I am cheering her on for the kids sake

I agree with ALL of what Beetrix said. The fact that they locked down their social media speaks volumes. The one who has hers open, uses it for her business. She should keep it open.

6.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TheHairyChild @ 5/12/2022, 02:08 PM) 
    I feel like Jen shows ALOT of schizoid traits. www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental...nality-disorder

From what I understand, which admittedly isn’t a lot, schizoid people tend to be isolated, avoidant loners. And the reason they are loners is because they don’t even want friends or intimacy.

(I know in the past some people have gotten a lot of flack for “diagnosing” Jen, but people call her a narcissist all the time, so I hope this is okay.)

But over the years, Jen has been clear that she wants friendships/relationships but has a hard time forming them which means that Schizoid doesn't fit.

7.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Sorry, been gone a while. What does Tens' new IG handle mean, anyone know?

8.     +32   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    We are all entitled to our own opinion, of course. But I must admit, I fail to see how someone can be viewed as a 'mean girl' by the way they choose to decorate their house or puts up pictures on IG where they have long wavy hair :=/:

Fact is; we don't know very much about Mrs. Ross 2.0, nor should we, she hasn't asked to be a part of Jens online world.
    Jen on the other hand... well, that's a whole other story :toothless-chuckle-smiley-emotic

9.     +18   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Formerly married men generally like to be married. Especially if they have young children. The statistics prove that after a divorce, most men remarry quickly. I am not surprised Don went from divorce to remarried so quickly.

Tens, i don’t know her other than small glimpses through social media, which is buttoned down. I don’t begrudge her marrying Don or spending money on herself and their home. They are married and it’s their money and we don’t know what their financial agreement is on spending. He loves to spoil his family, we already know that much.

Regarding her friend’s IG tagline, I can’t muster up much horror. I don’t think CC and Donny are scrolling IG looking at her account. Besides, the comment is snarky, not hateful. Let’s not project whatever our issues are into to people we don’t know. We know Jen, she’s been as transparent as cellophane. She’s also said and done more awful, hurtful things online regarding her children that they will eventually discover. And THAT is why we’re here.

10.     +10   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CCsideEye @ 5/12/2022, 02:19 AM) 
    Here ya go. I regret choosing such a stinky shoe. Give me a few hours to finish.

F*** you Jen!

E3-D690-AF-6-AD1-45-E4-A35-F-F0-E78-B1-D6-B6-E

Still chewing, CC?

POUR A CUP OF ALMOND BUTTER ON IT!

11.     +36   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    The woman who has been talking to a camera for years, in lieu of connecting with people in real life and learning to have actual relationships, who emulated people she “knew” via a screen (Miss Glamorazzi, TiffanyD, etc), who has to take dedicated breaks from social media (as opposed to people who are busy living their own lives to be on social media all the time), who used to hole up in the “loftice” with her computer for hours on hours, who stares at a screen for hours while riding a bike to nowhere, who has shown herself doing yoga via a screen and spending time in front of a screen at basically every Airbnb, has some nerve saying that the kids have too much screen time ANYWHERE.

It’s particularly bizarre because other than the occasional 10 seconds of kitchen dancing or playing stuffed animal doctor or mixing muffin batter, those kids have been shown WAY more often in front of a screen. Blippi, Disney movies, screens in the basement waiting for mommy to stop working out, screen through the psychiatrist chairs, screen at the counter while they eat.

I’m no Don fan. And I can understand Jen being jealous that Tensleigh is living what appears to be an amazing life (a life you KNOW Jen wanted to live but couldn’t get out of her own way to do it.) And her being jealous that everyone has moved on without her and she hasn’t had even a single date. But the little biting hypocritical comments she has been making since the split really makes me WONDER what reality is like over in Ross land, and I can only imagine it’s WAY worse than anything she lets slip on live video.

Bitter is never a good look.

12.     +8   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    You rang!!!! 🔔🔔

QUOTE (GumOnSuzannesShoe @ 12/5/2022, 06:25) 
    I was trying to understand the fruit shirts and vegan leather jacket, and I thought that because she never worked, she never had either a professional person for inspiration from an office, or an eclectic style from the art or fashion world. I think all these Peloton hats and clothes are because that's all she sees sitting on the Peloton. Is it better than Lululemon yoga?

13.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Difficult Dinosaur @ 5/12/2022, 02:20 PM) 
    QUOTE (TheHairyChild @ 5/12/2022, 02:08 PM) 
    I feel like Jen shows ALOT of schizoid traits. www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental...nality-disorder

From what I understand, which admittedly isn’t a lot, schizoid people tend to be isolated, avoidant loners. And the reason they are loners is because they don’t even want friends or intimacy.

But over the years, Jen has been clear that she wants friendships/relationships but has a hard time forming them which means that Schizoid doesn't fit.

She’s also a liar who lies. If she actually wanted friends and close relationships she would get out and do things where there are other people. She doesn’t really even try. It seems even her relationship with Don was pretty surface level.

14.     +10   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 12/5/2022, 05:04) 
    QUOTE (SadlyNoLongerAvailable @ 5/11/2022, 09:58 PM) 
    This bitch acts like her kids are teenagers or off in college. How TF do you NOT be involved in your 4 year olds life?

This is the same person who plonked her 18 month old in "school" every day, when they didn't work. His "school" was daycare. Nothing wrong with daycare, but I know so many moms who work who would LOVE to be home with their 18 month old. It was totally unnecessary. And then, during a pandemic, sent him to preschool. Again, preschool is good, it's important, but was it necessary during a pandemic when the parent is home? Those are the actions of a mom that does NOT want to be involved in her child's life.

This is what I think about every time something happens that makes me begin to feel sorry for Jen…snaps me out of it every time!

15.     +28   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I've mentioned in a past thread about my childhood as a kid of divorce in the 80s.

My folks split when I was 3 and each remarried when I was 6 and 7. I've shared (without wonder) that my stepmother was cold and emotionally abusive to me my whole life and never even put up photos of me in their house. I didn't have my own room- just a spare bed in the guest room with one shelf for a few toys. She hated my mother and I was never encouraged to discuss her. I would spend my weekends at Dad's reading non-stop, willing the hours to speed up.

Seeing the way D** and Tens have integrated their families, from showcasing the kids as a group for their bridal party, to taking new family portraits, to countless fun activities so they're alll included... it all just warms my heart and I am Team Tens forever. I don't care a jot if it's 'performative'. There are tiny children involved - they respond to performance.

I am also very keen to revert to nicknames for the Ross kids, a la Tensleigh, to respect that like Tens, they did not choose the public Internet life.
    So I'm going back to Teets (a name that always cracked me up!) and DK4.

865 replies since 11/5/2022, 23:38   91974 views