RossFamilyFunVersusPityPartyForOneLikeJen Pt. 347

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 6/22/2022, 05:39 PM) 
    QUOTE (Dolly_Girl @ 22/6/2022, 16:41) 
    They fancy themselves a dynasty. UGH. That's why it was predetermined and demanded prior to the marriage that any male offspring would be named Donald K. Ross IV aka Donny. Jen agreed to that shit. I doubt anyone is impressed with the Rosses other than the Rosses. They are not Blue Book society members or impressive in any way and they aren't wealthy is the true sense of the word. They may reach the level of nouveau riche but not even that ... They are rather pedestrian IMO.

I may be recalling incorrectly, but I think the original Don Rosa was incredibly wealthy and well known. Not a Rockefeller, but there aren’t many of those types left anyway.

There are plenty of families in this country and the world with immense wealth. The Rockefellers name still resonates with great wealth but in reality they have so many heirs to divide it amongst that it really isn't a lot compared to others with large fortunes. The Rosses are not even remotely in the same league with any of the aforementioned.

2.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Huzzah @ 6/22/2022, 08:44 AM) 
    I know I’m new but in all seriousness, what the actual F. What was Jen thinking divorce would look like, she wastes so much time spinning her wheels and going nowhere - it must be exhausting.

As for her patreon videos, I think she wants people to make her feel better and validate her but I just don’t understand what kind of “friends” enjoy watching someone be unhappy and only respond with positive comments. If validation cured whatever she was dealing with, I am sure the Rosses gave her plenty - especially Suzanne who always seemed so gentle with Jen. Her patreon videos are confessionals about how unhappy she is and how she is struggling, meanwhile her IG and YouTube portray a divorced happy childless woman traveling and going to Vegas for a show.

I think her patreons are not the friends she sees them as. I joined to help someone I felt needed it and left because I didn’t want to be apart of it. To me, it feels like the patreons are buying an alcoholic a drink saying “there there, you’re okay, just have a shot”.

Am I totally wrong and not seeing this clearly? How can she not see this community she is building is based on watching her fall, not rise?

Yep. You summarized it nicely. Jen only allows the one thing that is holding her back. It is a cycle she will never break because she is so completely lost to her own reality, and the enablers just keep making it worse.

3.     +11   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    FTR, I don’t think the collective Rosses consider themselves a dynasty. But Don definitely had an overinflated sense of the family and it’s importance.

4.     +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ExuberantChaos @ 6/22/2022, 07:48 AM) 
    Wow, looking at the new family pics as an outsider feels like looking at an alternate reality. It’s like on Fresh Prince of Bel Air when Aunt Viv was suddenly played by a different actress and the storylines continued without missing a beat.

And for the older ones when on Bewitched and they replaced Darrin.

It was definitely shocking.

5.     +45   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Let’s take the garage video which I barely watched. It wasn’t about how to clear clutter using any organizational method or Kon Mari. It didn’t show anything about the process and how she thought out what to donate, where to, how to call and find donation centers. How to make sure items are good for donation, or set up a garage sale, or Facebook marketplace.

It was literally a 40 year old woman, after two years of a divorce she swears she wanted even before her son was born, drinking a venti Starbucks and showing what a mess her life is since the divorce - in her mental and physical space.

She talks and spends a few minutes actually saying she is proud of herself for getting her old boxes prepared for recycling and moving some strollers around. “I’m really proud of what I’ve accomplished here today.” was baffling. Don’t people do what she did in that video every week to get the trash ready?

It’s sad because a friend, her brother or Jill should have showed up a year ago and helped her and addressed her possible depression.

It’s weird once yours eyes are opened, to look back and see. Sorry for the long posts, last one I promise. 🙂

6.     +4   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Speaking of wealth, do you think Tensleigh would have married Don if he wasn't rich? (Sorry if this has been discussed before)

7.     +27   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    YAAASSSS!! Tensleigh understood the assignment.

Live that best life, girl! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

8.     +34   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    The Rosses are Effin DWEEBS
    Not a dynasty; not immense wealth
    There barely even know how to spend money
    Just regular ass rich folk

9.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Dolly_Girl @ 22/6/2022, 17:45) 
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 6/22/2022, 05:39 PM) 
    I may be recalling incorrectly, but I think the original Don Rosa was incredibly wealthy and well known. Not a Rockefeller, but there aren’t many of those types left anyway.

There are plenty of families in this country and the world with immense wealth. The Rockefellers name still resonates with great wealth but in reality they have so many heirs to divide it amongst that it really isn't a lot compared to others with large fortunes. The Rosses are not even remotely in the same league with any of the aforementioned.

Yeah, that’s why I said NOT a Rockefeller.

10. The Ghost of Glenview's Past
        +6   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (mywalkingpharmacy @ 22/6/2022, 17:58) 
    QUOTE (ExuberantChaos @ 6/22/2022, 07:48 AM) 
    Wow, looking at the new family pics as an outsider feels like looking at an alternate reality. It’s like on Fresh Prince of Bel Air when Aunt Viv was suddenly played by a different actress and the storylines continued without missing a beat.

And for the older ones when on Bewitched and they replaced Darrin.

It was definitely shocking.

I am old enough to remember when they replaced the mom in Dallas. The new mom came back from a solo trip a la Jen and showed up at the gate arrivals...just like that.

11.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    If one ever watched daytime soaps, actors got replaced all the time!

12.     +31   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Reusable Straw @ 6/22/2022, 06:11 PM) 
    QUOTE (MissMiss @ 22/6/2022, 18:04) 
    Speaking of wealth, do you think Tensleigh would have married Don if he wasn't rich? (Sorry if this has been discussed before)

of course not! They both are gold diggers. The difference is, Jen is a gold digger leech who does not return anything for the investment Don makes on her. Tens atleast does deliver certain things, regular sex is one of them for sure. Atleast tor now, she is still putting the effort. Don was fine with Jen as long as she atleast pretended to return some effort in exchange for being a gold digger.

Can we not? We have absolutely no reason to say Tens is a gold digger. Marrying someone who is wealthy =/= gold digger

13.     +20   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Huzzah @ 22/6/2022, 18:02) 
    Let’s take the garage video which I barely watched. It wasn’t about how to clear clutter using any organizational method or Kon Mari. It didn’t show anything about the process and how she thought out what to donate, where to, how to call and find donation centers. How to make sure items are good for donation, or set up a garage sale, or Facebook marketplace.

It was literally a 40 year old woman, after two years of a divorce she swears she wanted even before her son was born, drinking a venti Starbucks and showing what a mess her life is since the divorce - in her mental and physical space.

She talks and spends a few minutes actually saying she is proud of herself for getting her old boxes prepared for recycling and moving some strollers around. “I’m really proud of what I’ve accomplished here today.” was baffling. Don’t people do what she did in that video every week to get the trash ready?

It’s sad because a friend, her brother or Jill should have showed up a year ago and helped her and addressed her possible depression.

It’s weird once yours eyes are opened, to look back and see. Sorry for the long posts, last one I promise. 🙂

It's because she's selfish. She has no interest in what her Patreon subscribers actually want to see. None of her videos are 'How to' videos, even though she gives them titles suggesting they are. They are all 'Look at me rambling on about something, then maybe move a couple of items, then tell you how exhausted I am or how I'm feeling'. They are literally just home videos. She is making them for herself, not her viewers. Her viewers are simply there to shower her with praise for making the video at all. She isn't thinking 'What would be helpful for someone to watch?' She is naturally selfish, and it's plain to see every time she posts a video. Her selfishness is why her marriage is over and why she can't do parenting... both of those things require you to think about other people.

Edited by pinksims - 22/6/2022, 18:17

14.     +39   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    Oh, not the "Is Tens a gold digger" thing again. Please! I beg you!

Iowncare
    Quartz
    3 staplers

Just not this, por favor.

15.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Ahoy Bespoke Poop Shovel @ 22/6/2022, 18:16) 
    Oh, not the "Is Tens a gold digger" thing again. Please! I beg you!

Iowncare
    Quartz
    3 staplers

Just not this, por favor.

:hearty-laugh: This is one topic where Bakers will have to just agree to disagree. Scissors in most rooms here.

893 replies since 21/6/2022, 20:22   89141 views