« Older   Newer »

1.     +15   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    seabassJr

You make a really good point, I agree and doubt Tens would have married Don if he was a schoolteacher. Jill seems like she probably wanted Jen to marry Don, maybe some of her angst is towards her mother and how her expectations caged her. She barely mentions Jill and noticeable didn’t mention either parents this year for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.

2.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TheHairyChild @ 22/6/2022, 00:43) 
    QUOTE (DominantJunk @ 6/22/2022, 12:06 AM) 
    Oh for Pete’s sake, it’s just STUFF. It’s got as much emotion attached to it as JEN attaches to it. There’s no need to project that onto the kids.

When my grandmother was getting really old and was working on her will, she asked me what I wanted of hers, suggesting specific jewelry. I told her I wanted these figurines that used to be in her half bathroom, that I saw many times in my childhood. She was like, those are junk! And she laughed so hard. And gave them to me immediately from a box in her closet.

They were sentimental to ME.

Aww! That’s a sweet story. :)

That is so cute and accurate! My Nana collected elephants and the one I have is pink and when you push up the bottom, the elephant collapses and when you let go it stands back up. She had tons of beautiful artesian ones but that's the one I remembered!

3.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MissMiss @ 6/22/2022, 06:04 PM) 
    Speaking of wealth, do you think Tensleigh would have married Don if he wasn't rich? (Sorry if this has been discussed before)

I have to word this carefully so it does not get taken down.
    No I do not think she would of married him if her did not have money. But good for her, she gave her children a better standard of living and she also gave herself a much much easier life.

4.     +21   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    I have mixed feelings on it.

I do not think she would have given him a second thought after first interacting without his money.

But I won’t ever say she doesn’t love him after they got to know each other etc. (mostly because we don’t know anything about her).

Jen definitely was attracted to his money first. I think his family life second.

5.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 22/6/2022, 18:50) 
    QUOTE (MissMiss @ 22/6/2022, 18:04) 
    Speaking of wealth, do you think Tensleigh would have married Don if he wasn't rich? (Sorry if this has been discussed before)

I don’t think either Jen or Tens would have. I don’t think either of them are traditional gold diggers but were willing, for different reasons, to overlook plenty for what all that money could provide.

Jen was a teenager and loved that Don had his own condo in college and going to fancy meals instead of keggers. The extravagant doting and security that his money allowed fit perfectly with her childish, fragile persona especially when she clearly hadn’t found a place to fit in in college.

Tens was a full grown adult and saw the opportunity to move from struggling to a mansion with a pool and a vacation home. She was well aware of what kind of future those Ross dollars could provide her and her family. Don is an overweight blowhard with a weird, invasive family, an usavory business history, a crazy ex, and a foot fetish. Would she have taken that on if it came with a middle manager’s salary and a mortgaged three bedroom rancher? Nope, not Tens. But she did the best she could. She tried to give Don a glow up and easily had the Rosses eating out of her hand with her doting, cool girl vibes

I know he bought Jen Jimmy Choos once, presumably because he was tired of being reminded of his mother every time he saw her sensible shoes. But I can’t see anyone marrying those bunions if they had a real foot fetish, unless it’s specifically a bunion fetish. 😬

6. The Ghost of Glenview's Past
        +9   Like  

User deleted

My grandma grew up dirt poor...I mean dirt poor as in there was no flooring in her ranch style house, it was dirt. Just for background story.
    But she did everything to not appear poor and learned many skills as a young adult including being a spectacular seamstress. She could have taken a donated old shabby dress and made it a jacket, you could not tell it was not meant to be.
    That said, she pushed my mother to marry money. Which she did and it was a disaster from day one. I can see Jen being pushed towards Don especially when considering who her previous paramour was. Sent to NYC to find a millionaire. It s so old fashioned but my grandma used to dress up my mom and send her and her girlfriends to the nearby big city with the assignment to hang around the jewelry store and pretend window browsing in case some rich guy would notice and take a liking. Don't laugh we re talking 1950s here.
    Turned out she met my father while sitting on a park bench because her feet were hurting her from all that walking around looking for a husband.
    Anyway, Jen sacrificed to please her mother but will not sacrifice anything else anymore. It s Jen for Jen forever now.

Sent via ForumFree Mobile

Edited by The Ghost of Glenview's Past - 6/22/2022, 11:18 PM

7.     +25   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Unfortunately for Don, he’ll never know if the women who have married him married him for love, financial security, or a mix of both. Being a rich white man is so hard. 😢

I will say, though… plenty of people are married to totally average (or below) looking dorks with doughy bodies and annoying habits for nothing other than love. It’s not really unfathomable. Most of us aren’t physically perfect human specimens, but plenty of us find deep love and long lasting marriages despite not having a family fortune as a draw. Let’s be real, almost every relationship has a dynamic in which one half is punching above their weight in regards to physical attractiveness. As much as Don is a doofus, he has some decent personality traits mixed amongst the shitty ones. It’s entirely possible that a pretty girl would marry him for love.

I mean, Jen is the worst of the worst who brought literally nothing to the marriage, and Don married her for love (and the rack). 👀

Edited by OstracizedLikeJen - 22/6/2022, 19:20

8.     +51   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    "5 lots of the time" ...well played Tens

9.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    The Ghost of Glenview's Past I loved that story! I found it fascinating.

10.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen didn’t need to go to NYC to find a millionaire. They are everywhere in her neighborhood (by her teens).

I think she went to NYU because going away to school was The Thing back then (even though Northwestern is the better school). But she went somewhere familiar (were her grandparents still alive and living there too?)

11. The Ghost of Glenview's Past
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 22/6/2022, 19:21) 
    Jen didn’t need to go to NYC to find a millionaire. They are everywhere in her neighborhood (by her teens).

I think she went to NYU because going away to school was The Thing back then (even though Northwestern is the better school). But she went somewhere familiar (were her grandparents still alive and living there too?)

Fanfic BB. Fanfic.

12.     +11   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    She has 3 kids, so she needed someone who was comfortable. I don't think that was her main motive though. She needed someone who would accept her kids.

13.     +24   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    5:06am? why? go to sleep Jen
    Attached Image
    Screenshot_20220622-132205~2

14.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (The Ghost of Glenview's Past @ 22/6/2022, 19:21) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 22/6/2022, 19:21) 

Fanfic BB. Fanfic.

That definitely wasn’t clear from your post.

15.     +62   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Currency cannot always be measured in money. Don was in a miserable marriage and may have been seriously depressed (basing this off the Christmas Day look)
    With Tens, he looks happy. Like he got his life back. I think he gets way more out of this marriage than any money that Tens has come into by the marriage. She looks like she cares about people around her. She still cares about her ex and has him involved in their children’s lives. One cannot put a value on those kind of qualities. They are priceless.

893 replies since 21/6/2022, 20:22   89141 views