TappingOutOfLifeBecauseSheWasTheStarterWifeLikeJen Pt 349

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 1/7/2022, 00:45) 
    Stay home 24/7 with Jennifer?

UbCHPx

Is that really what was being said? Which video is this?

2.     +21   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    Don and Poopsie work in a volatile industry. Boom/ bust, fraud prone, "shit hitting the fan" stuff (maybe). If Jen thought sweet boy Donald would be home peeling apples at 35 then she sorely miscalculated the upswing when they sold and slipped into his current role. I think she's mad as hell she missed out on that and I think Poopsie gave Donald the nudge to move away from the crazy Princess to a new start. Her jealously of Tens is just the icing on a bigger shitcake of her own making.

3.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 6/30/2022, 09:12 PM) 
    that might be the longest post I have ever seen on this forum. on mobile and I didn't know when I'd reach the end. so sorry to anyone who had to suffer with a terrible parent :6792:

one of my favorite gifs of Charlotte was from years ago where they were in her bedroom. I believe Jen had just shared that they were going to Disney and reached out for a hug which CC ignored :lol: I may have the details of that wrong

Didn't CC get up and start jumping around instead of giving her birthing parent a hug for it?

QUOTE (Chicklets @ 6/30/2022, 10:10 PM) 
    QUOTE (AcademyAwardWinningActress @ 30/6/2022, 15:40) 
    I’ve just never known a mother who had the expectation that their partner would stop working so both parents could be SAHP. If anything, moms I know would be grateful their husbands have a work ethic and jobs to provide a lifestyle where the mother can be a SAHM. Were Don’s work hours suddenly longer? Was he never home? Traveling all the time?

I’m sure it was hard for Jen to not have Don home, but I’m also sure she was ok with him working so he could continue to provide the lifestyle and wealth she valued.

Don said in a video way back in the day that he was semi-retired and that he & Jen were “set for life.” But that they weren’t so incredibly wealthy that their kids were ALSO set for life.

So while I agree that in most families with stay at home parents, it makes sense for the one at home to do most of the childcare/housecleaning/etc. & that Jen should have expected that, IMO it would be going overboard to attribute their lifestyle to Don’s hard work. From Jen’s early videos, it sounds like Poopsie funded their lifestyle (whether directly or indirectly, through connections/Don’s early work history). Any income from the post partum days is IMO more like Jen’s patreon money - nice to have for the extras, but definitely not needed to pay the nonexistent mortgage or put food on the table.

ANd equally important, funding the Heart Home for Gene's abundant Utah trips.

4.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TWO!!! @ 30/6/2022, 19:16) 
    QUOTE (BakeryManifestedTensleigh @ 6/30/2022, 11:54 AM) 
    4 hours and 10 minutes of exercise on Pelaton yesterday...
    1:40 hike at 5am at the beach stairs this morning...

girl...

4 hours exercise/Yoga to look like this. :crying:

(IMG:https://i.imgur.com/s6MA9Mz.jpg)

This HAS to be edited right?

5.     +15   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Waiting for the Pirate PoPo to beat down my door and press charges. Still waiting...

Status
    QUOTE (CoffeeCat @ 6/30/2022, 01:50 AM) 
    I was a SAHM who sent my kids to a variety of summer day camps. When they got older, they went to week-long sleepaway camp. Well, the extroverted 2nd kid went each summer, my little mini me survived 1 week and never went back. My kids are so far apart in age that I essentially raised 2 only children. I am very introverted and needed the peace and quiet. I can relate to Jen on that issue, but the idea was to recharge so that I could be able to interact with and enjoy my kids. Their camp experiences allowed them to meet new kids and do new activities that they were eager to share with me.

Going to the SK for camp seems a little dull and formulaic, even if their friends may be attending. It’s definitely better than spending time at Jen’s, but it’s hard for me to understand how a SAHM could choose the same old routine for summer, and not want something more stimulating.

By age 6, my kids began to rotate through age-appropriate science camps, culinary camps, museum camps, gymnastics, ice skating, soccer, themed weeks at the YMCA…usually all 1/2 day programs. One took a musical theater program where the kids put on a play at the end. They always had summer swim lessons, and weekly library visits because each child would participate in the library’s summer reading program. I was fortunate to be able to drive the kids back and forth to all these activities, I realize, but Jen is available and there would be far more to do where they live and money is no object. It would be nice for Jen to put each one in a different program so they are not lumped together. It could open up some valuable one-on-one time with each child. I say this as an older sister always tasked with watching out for a younger brother I could never get away from.

While I did need respite from my kids during long summer days, I saw it as my job to make plans for them so that it was a time of enrichment and growth, balanced with relaxing time at home.

It's the same for us. My kids will be 9 1/2 years apart. My son just got done with running camp, art camp, and the last day of baseball was yesterday (sometimes having all 3 in the same day with double headers for baseball). He starts football camp in July and Flag football in August. Free kids movies at the 2 theaters in the area every Tuesday and Wednesday. Crafternoons at the library. Swimming and splash pad days. I've had as many as 9 neighborhood kids in my backyard at a time on the trampoline and playing on the Slip N' Slide for hours at a time. Multiple parades and other activities. This weeks it's loads of fireworks. We have a trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo planned for next week and have already gone to Pioneer Village and the Lincoln Children's Zoo in the last month and a half.

This is all happening in extremely rural Nebraska where I would have to drive 70 miles just to get to a Target. Jen lives in an area where there is so much available to her to enrich her kids' lives and she doesn't utilize ANY of it. Parenthood is wasted on her.

6.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 1/7/2022, 03:00) 
    QUOTE (NefariouslyHappiestAlone @ 6/30/2022, 06:01 PM) 
    Don't forget clean her own house, wash her own car, care for her lawn....like what we do. Lol

Well, she would HAVE to do that, because she wouldn't have Don's money. I would like for her to experience being a true single parent, having to pay for everything with money she earns from her job. Having to pay for daycare/babysitting and not having other people to take care of it for her. Have her worry about buying groceries, keeping the lights on, paying for gas, paying for healthcare, scheduling her work, and the kid's school and activities, worrying about calling in when the kids are sick. I would LOVE to see how she functions.

She couldn't. If Jen didn't have money, she would be one of the people you see inventing ailments to get a disability check. (This is not to say everyone on disability does that! But fraud is rampant and we know Jen has concocted ailments her whole life.) Just shows how different life can be depending on who you are born to.

7.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    QUOTE (JoiRisen @ 6/30/2022, 08:33 PM) 
    QUOTE (TWO!!! @ 30/6/2022, 19:16) 
    4 hours exercise/Yoga to look like this. :crying:

(IMG:https://i.imgur.com/s6MA9Mz.jpg)

I'm sure her camera added a few extra pounds. But, no. That is an actual screen grab.

8.     +10   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    QUOTE (Ahoy Bespoke Poop Shovel @ 6/30/2022, 08:51 PM) 
    QUOTE (JoiRisen @ 6/30/2022, 08:33 PM) 

I'm sure her camera added a few extra pounds. But, no. That is an actual screen grab.

Editing to add: Not edited. 😬😬😬

Screenshot__1128__0

9.     +19   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m 1,438 weeks postpartum. WTH WHY do I still carry some weight? It’s been over 26 years now LOL

Edited by AlsoFromIL - 7/1/2022, 04:19 AM

10.     +15   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Waiting for the Pirate PoPo to beat down my door and press charges. Still waiting...

Status
    Makes you wonder what she would look like without the exercise.

11.     +11   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    That eyeroll gif is from this video. I couldn’t find the time stamp for it though.

12.     +5   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BespokeMuffins @ 6/28/2022, 04:01 PM) 
    Thoughts:
    Veterans
    Whales
    People who need broken Christmas trees
    The poors

Did I miss anyone?

Good evening! :muffin_emoticon_pack_by_rezzle:

Grandparents
    Teenage BFF
    Don & Tens
    Ben & Jerry

13.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In my closet eating hidden chocolate, nose pointed out for strategic reasons

Status
    Anonymous
    :rolleyes: It's right at the beginning, at about :57

14.     +38   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    Don making sure he can give honest answers is chilling.

15.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (LateKate @ 1/7/2022, 04:30) 
    That eyeroll gif is from this video. I couldn’t find the time stamp for it though.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEpFAhNM8w

Is it from the 55 second mark? Nothing exciting was being said.

877 replies since 27/6/2022, 21:22   99990 views