EvenGeorgeGlassDoesn'tWantAPieceOfJen'sAss Pt 353

« Older   Newer »

1.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (NoOneEvenAsked @ 21/7/2022, 04:39) 

She said coast twice, I mean TWO times.

2.     +33   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Walking distance from Cody Boo and Peloton Studios.

Status
    Bitch goes on and on about 'the theater' as if she's something very special and her viewers are just uncultured plebes.

As a native New Yorker, I've seen hundreds of shows in my life. In college I could get an orchestra seat for 10 bucks. That same seat now is anywhere from $200-500. It's completely insane, so I have to budget for it and go whenever I can or whenever there's something special I really want to see.

But our gal is such a f*cking snob about it, I'm gonna give it right back to her:
    Sure, Chicago theater is nice Jenny, but it ain't Broadway. You know when you went to see Music Man? Yeah, me too - only I got to see it with Hugh Jackman because he doesn't do Chicago runs. Strictly Broadway, dear.

So take your stuck up, chapped lip, elitist snobbery and shove it where no D will ever be again.

:18:

3.     +11   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm so utterly clueless about Chicago I had no idea it was on a lake or had a nice lakeshore etc. All I learned from Jen was driving with Don, lots of tall buildings, Trump Tower. She could have oodles of content showing off her city but nope, rarely does.

4.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (OregonizingQueen @ 20/7/2022, 08:34) 
    A little off topic, but I loved the new Netflix production of “Persuasion.” Definitely worth watching for the humorous depiction of Mary, the narcissistic “empath” sister of the main character, Anne. Might remind you of someone - especially when she abandons her injured son instead of caring for him herself.

I was coming on to mention this! Just watched it on a plane and had serious Jen vibes. Mary is also awful to her Hmong suffering husband too

5.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 21/7/2022, 01:16) 
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 21/7/2022, 01:08) 
    You can't visit Chicago alone?

I wouldn’t. Crime has spilled into what was once “safe” areas. In broad daylight.

But Jen knows to remove herself from such things. Even when sitting alone in a parking garage at night talking to her camera.

If it is so unsafe isn't she making herself a target as a woman alone speaking into a presumably expensive camera on the streets of Chicago while seemingly wandering around aimlessly?

Sorry, I'm from South Africa and I would never ever do anything as risky as I've been mugged before.

But knowing Jen, she'd just remove herself from the situation.

6. Jenny from the Guardrail Block
        +7   Like  

User deleted

chicago is bad ass there is so much to do see and great places to eat. she makes everything look so dumb. how can she live there for so so many years and not be outside her suburb bubble.

7.     +22   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Lenore @ 21/7/2022, 04:27) 
    Not to sound like Jenny but so many cities have become unsafe, the best bet is to be as careful as you can. Just be observant of your surroundings and be on high alert. But with that being said danger is everywhere, even in the woods, country etc. There is no way to completely avoid it.

Like everywhere over the past couple of years, crime is up in Chicago, but if you look at violent crime per capita, Chicago is lower than many cities like St. Louis, Nashville, Albuquerque, Memphis and Minneapolis. Of course you need to be careful as you would anywhere and in the summer things definitely get more dangerous. I just feel like people dog pile on chicago. It’s a big city. Don’t be stupid. And bad things can happen even if you are careful. But like someone else mentioned, in the most idyllic city just 20 miles north there was a horrible event that prevented Jen from going to her bead store of choice.

8.     +15   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Nefarious Oatly Foam @ 7/21/2022, 12:51 AM) 
    Bitch goes on and on about 'the theater' as if she's something very special and her viewers are just uncultured plebes.

As a native New Yorker, I've seen hundreds of shows in my life. In college I could get an orchestra seat for 10 bucks. That same seat now is anywhere from $200-500. It's completely insane, so I have to budget for it and go whenever I can or whenever there's something special I really want to see.

But our gal is such a f*cking snob about it, I'm gonna give it right back to her:
    Sure, Chicago theater is nice Jenny, but it ain't Broadway. You know when you went to see Music Man? Yeah, me too - only I got to see it with Hugh Jackman because he doesn't do Chicago runs. Strictly Broadway, dear.

So take your stuck up, chapped lip, elitist snobbery and shove it where no D will ever be again.

:18:

Oh, well, according to Jenny, she saw Music Man with Hugh Grant.

9.     +10   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    And literally, because all 5th graders around here go to the “Adler?” planetarium and “Shedd?” Aquarium every year.

“?” For sarcasm - yes those ARE the names Jenny

QUOTE (National State Park @ 21/7/2022, 03:20) 
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 21/7/2022, 02:30) 
    "Here are all the fabulous things you can do in Chicago and I'm going to do none of them." You'd get more in-depth information from a fifth grader who has actually visited some of these sites. Jen is useless.

:hearty-laugh:

10.     +52   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She’s so annoying with her whole thing that theater is her family culture. Yes, her grandparents worked in theater but that was like 100 years ago. Jill was a professional actress for a short time. But what has Jen done?

Honestly, her and Don were perfect for each other in this way. Both blowhards who thought their grandparents’ achievements were theirs.

11.     +12   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Should we add Goddess cafe to the reclaimed list?4515A1C9-6777-4543-B4E1-31AE42E5F9AF

12.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Nefarious DisneyPrincess @ 21/7/2022, 06:52) 
    I'm so utterly clueless about Chicago I had no idea it was on a lake or had a nice lakeshore etc. All I learned from Jen was driving with Don, lots of tall buildings, Trump Tower. She could have oodles of content showing off her city but nope, rarely does.

No kidding, I too was shocked to learn it was on a coast with a lake of such rich history! ;)

She said she likes to walk the riverfront even when it's cold out. Is the Kriskindle Market close to this area? I just can't figure out in 12 years of filming why she's never shown Chicago. Last year she did 1 vlog.

13.     +10   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SoProudOfMyself @ 7/21/2022, 04:36 PM) 

No kidding, I too was shocked to learn it was on a coast with a lake of such rich history! ;)

She said she likes to walk the riverfront even when it's cold out. Is the Kriskindle Market close to this area? I just can't figure out in 12 years of filming why she's never shown Chicago. Last year she did 1 vlog.

Lake Michigan is, I believe, the 2nd largest of the 5 Great Lakes in the US. It's shoreline (not "coast") borders on 3 states, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan - maybe some on Indiana??

Jenny is a completely clueless moron for having lived there as long as she has and still not know what she is talking about.

14.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SoProudOfMyself @ 7/21/2022, 09:36 AM) 

Yes, the Christmas market is right next to the Goodman theatre. This is the only neighbourhood Jen has ever visited

15.     +23   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I am not and have never been afraid to walk around the areas Jen showed. Most of the violent crime in Chicago is confined to particular neighborhoods and is between gang members. That said, last time I was at Taste of Chicago, someone pulled out a gun so what do I know 😅

The Chicago River does not pour into Lake Michigan. It used to though. At the turn of the century, in order to combat pollution and keep waste out of the lake, the course of the river was reversed from flowing into Lake Michigan and instead toward the Mississippi. This is basic grade schooler Chicagoan knowledge, that of course Jen did not know.

865 replies since 16/7/2022, 23:10   99299 views