AWeekInTheLifeOfTheBitterExWifeLikeJen Pt. 354

« Older   Newer »

1. ContributeToTheCollective
        +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Splurgysplurge @ 22/7/2022, 21:40) 
    She would be so much happier if she stopped being so self -focused.

No me albums, no selfies, no quotes, health assessments.

Just get up and exercise without worrying about what hurts.

Just watch the news here and there and shake your head and decide to volunteer or vote. No crying, no baths, no me time to process.

Just do activities that don't require any damned self focus. She is so proud of not watching tv but really she should be getting lost in a Netflix series. Go shopping for some new shirts and don't assess anything about the way they look on you except if they are cute. Join a club. I live in Chicago and it's not easy to put yourself out there. There will always be someone in the room who you view as skinnier, prettier, more put together but there are opportunities to meet people. I just for the heck of it googled Chicago theater meet up. www.meetup.com/TheatreGoers
    Go to a meeting and join a discussion about all the theater you see.
    At least it isn't sitting with yourself analyzing how you feel over and over.

💯💯💯

I think she doesn’t understand what it means to live. This perpetual state of micro managing her emotions and exercising for half a day, is stunting her life.

Yes, when something big happens in your life, like any sort of divorce or death, it’s fine to take a moment to reflect. But then you have to get back up and get back out into the world.

Her trips don’t appear to be engaging with anyone. She doesn’t connect with anyone. She looks for the most remote place with a rusty tub, or sits by herself in the theater. Or, looks for ways to avoid people in the big city. She might as well stay home!

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with going to the theater or anywhere by yourself. It’s great to do that sometimes.

But she’s really missing out on adding a layer of fun in her life.

Unfortunately, I think she’s just a taker, And that doesn’t help relationships. I also think she’s afraid that people will judge her if they get too close.

A true friend will try to give you some Toughlove because they most likely want better for you!

I think that scrapbooking is merely an exercise in making her feel important. But I agree, the kids won’t want to bother keeping them around.

917 replies since 22/7/2022, 18:48   96410 views