Anonymous
    6A11F9DC-7947-4BD7-947B-4567ADF597C4

2.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (TheHairyChild @ 29/7/2022, 03:38) 
    Seriously. They wanted lightsabers, so she bought them KEYCHAINS with lightsabers on them. Lol!!! Like WHAT??! How is that fun?! I hope she at least lets them play with the wrapping paper tubes after she is done with them (although, we know it will take her ages to use up a roll of wrapping paper these days, because she’s not into giving presents, and she has very few people in her life.)

Light saber keychains for her latch key kids.

3.     +9   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 29/7/2022, 02:31) 
    QUOTE (NorthShoreExchange @ 29/7/2022, 02:25) 
    If Narcissism101 wasn’t on spreadsheet hiatus, we’d have to start a patreon to support all the work she’d have coming up!!

I’m thinking Narcissism101 Is the one who manifested this! She went on hiatus due to other obligations…but also pointed out that Jen was getting fairly repetitive in her stupid spending. Now we’ve got a whole new world of crazy spending! Any Bakers up for a summer/fall accounting internship? :shifty:

Corrrct- busy with other obligations and Jen’s spending was becoming old news.
    I’ve been traveling most of this month; sounds like Jen is crazier than ever.

4.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Hey modmins, could someone message me please, I may or may not have something DM grapevine worthy 😁

Eta: it's already been shared-sorry!

Edited by GonaldDonald - 29/7/2022, 12:33

5.     +13   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (GonaldDonald @ 29/7/2022, 12:21) 
    Hey modmins, could someone message me please, I may or may not have something DM grapevine worthy 😁

Just letting Bakers know, I checked the info GonaldDonald has and it’s already known.

Thanks Donald for sharing with me so we could check. 🙂

6.     +36   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Yes to pinksims point… I started getting all these van-lifer/live in an RV traveling types in my feed and they seem to be either a) young 20ish somethings or b) whole families who take the show on the road.

This lifestyle Jen is pining for is just not available for her current situation in a shared custody arrangement. She is continually trying to force it with these crazy schemes but the nomadic life she’s trying to emulate doesn’t work when you need this huge production of parking flying back to your idyllic suburban life, part time mom duty, then pack it up and fly back. What she seems to be enamored with is the freedom and untetheredness that comes from not having to do that through either actually being solo or taking your family along for the ride.

I’m not saying someone in a co-parenting situation should just do nothing of what their soul wants… but the reality of it is the nomad life style just doesn’t work when you are restricted to living in a certain geographic area and covering certain custodial time. Your kids are not home or online schooled on the road. They are in a more traditional school setting including events, potential birthday parties, etc. She really needs to embrace this current life stage and do something that fits her “now” then if in another 14-15 years she still feels the call of the road then by all means live in a rig and travel to your heart’s desire. Heck maybe just get your youngest kid to middle school/high school age so a decade or less…

The fact that she is pursuing this bizarre idea where her circumstances are the worst suited for it is just so typical Jen. You are not a carefree single gal on trend with current social media interests. You are an OG that hasn’t evolved with the times. Stop trying to squeeze into a personality that clearly does not fit… there’s so much space for a late 30’s divorced mom talking about late 30’s divorced mom things… instead she’s posting giddy (yet piss poor) Toyota infomercials and acting like her kids do not even exist.

7.     +40   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think Jen will only get worse as the years go by. She clearly sees her life as prison and motherhood as a life sentence. That is the ultimate misery and she will never escape it.

I don’t feel sorry for her because it was her choice to have kids, even though she didn’t want them. But,I feel really sad for the kids. To know your mum barely tolerates you when you are around and escapes on adventures without you, as a way to live her carefree fantasy, must be heartbreaking.

8.     +15   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I hope D** has made it clear his kids are not to be “truck camping “. She could have gotten a camper that would have been fun. Family camping trips with bike rides and campfire s’mores.

9.     +22   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Never! “Adventuring” is her me time. No way she would let the kids disturb that!

10.     +41   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (zizizouzou @ 29/7/2022, 13:33) 
    I think Jen will only get worse as the years go by. She clearly sees her life as prison and motherhood as a life sentence. That is the ultimate misery and she will never escape it.

This is what a lot of people don't seem to realise about a decision to start a family. It's not just a decision to enjoy cute babies and dress up little kids in cute outfits and laugh at the funny things they say. It's a life-long commitment to constant caring and financial accountabilities and responsibilities, to putting other human beings ahead of yourself every day, to making sacrifices and often not doing what you want to do because your job as parent is more important - your kids are more important than you. End of.

Jen just wants to keep trying to put herself first and get head pats for it. But driving all over the country pretending to be young, free and single is completely contradictory to her current commitments. It's like the visual of her strapping a lap dog to a paddle board is the metaphor for everything that is wrong with Jen's life right now... decisions that she made before her divorce are jarring against her current desires. She has two kids that need her to be available and put them first, even when they are with their dad. Being with their dad doesn't give her permission to act like they don't exist.

11.     +25   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (pinksims @ 29/7/2022, 13:45) 

This is what a lot of people don't seem to realise about a decision to start a family. It's not just a decision to enjoy cute babies and dress up little kids in cute outfits and laugh at the funny things they say. It's a life-long commitment to constant caring and financial accountabilities and responsibilities, to putting other human beings ahead of yourself every day, to making sacrifices and often not doing what you want to do because your job as parent is more important - your kids are more important than you. End of.

Jen didn't even dress them in cute outfits or enjoy cute babies. She was so unexcited from the get go that she barely shopped for them.

12.     +9   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group
    Sinking my teeth into a vegan oat froth latte

Status
    [/QUOTE]
    Peloton actually has a whole family series. 55 classes designed for families with kids to do together. Jen has done 4,013 peloton workout classes. She has completed 24,393 minutes of peloton during 2022 alone. She has not taken one single family class. Not one.
    [/QUOTE]

Is my math right? 24,393 minutes equals 17 days worth of activity? Like, 24 hours/day of working out. And it’s only July.

I have that Rent song in my head…524,600 minutes…of riding a bike to nowhere, alone in a basement.

13. MrArthurRadley
        +18   Like  

User deleted

This is nothing more than car camping, just complicated by long distance. I don’t think she enjoyed her power plant experience.
    While she’s on the road, if the vehicle is her home base, it’s either going to be a parking lot or some random off road spot, unless she gets a space at a campground. With campgrounds you need to plan out the distance you can cover in a day to get to your destination before check in time is over. Depending on location, campgrounds have off-season periods where they’re closed, and during peak season they are often booked months in advance. If you can find a Walmart it may be one of many that no longer allows overnight parking. Many woods and fields are privately owned and not there for you and your poop shovel, Jen.
    It’s a lot of preparation and she knows this based on how many weekend trips she got a late start and arrived at a spot after dark, and that was when she had some “dwelling” with utilities to stay in so less to pack for.
    It’s difficult to stay in low head space that you have to either sit or crawl in, just with trying to get food or change your clothes.
    Coming home and unpacking and switching gears will be a whole ‘nother thing, especially for Me Time Gentle With Myself Jen.

14.     +18   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (pinksims @ 29/7/2022, 13:45) 

Jen just wants to keep trying to put herself first and get head pats for it. But driving all over the country pretending to be young, free and single is completely contradictory to her current commitments. It's like the visual of her strapping a lap dog to a paddle board is the metaphor for everything that is wrong with Jen's life right now... decisions that she made before her divorce are jarring against her current desires. She has two kids that need her to be available and put them first, even when they are with their dad. Being with their dad doesn't give her permission to act like they don't exist.

So. Much. This.

Up until about 12-24 hours before the youngest bee made their debut, it was all about what I wanted for their birth and thereafter: exclusive breastfeeding, crunchy birth etc.

Tiny human was born emergency c section because we were both well on our way to dead. Subconsciously I knew and was able to accept that this is what we needed to stay alive. Preemies can’t always breastfeed or even bottle feed. My supply was low. Lil bees glucose was so low that they were about to put a central line in through the navel. Of course any thinking parent will set aside a desire to ebf and give the neonate some formula. In addition to my milk. Lil Bee got the best of both worlds. But most importantly got what they needed; because it’s not fkng about what I want. My job is to make damn sure my kids have what they need physically and emotionally.

Parenting and childbirth aren’t Santa Claus. We don’t get to tell them what we want. That ain’t how it works.

15.     +15   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Alimony and Wonder @ 29/7/2022, 03:29) 
    QUOTE (AcademyAwardWinningActress @ 29/7/2022, 01:43) 
    Having the kids play while she works out seems reasonable to me. Plus she’s role modeling physical fitness.

Exercising 4+ hours a day when you aren't a professional athlete or fitness instructor is not modeling physical fitness for your kids. It's modeling exercise bulimia.

Exactly. My kids play while I work out... For 30-40 minutes. If I want to get a walk in, we either go together or I take them to the park while I do laps around the playground.

Granted, my kids are a bit older and are happy and capable to run around making new friends to play with.

Point being, they're not stuck in a tiny room for hours upon hours. And some days I don't work out so we can go do fun stuff.

That's a healthy way to show exercise is important.

957 replies since 26/7/2022, 16:44   89407 views