User deleted

She was there for 4 days!

Give me a break. :20130930101758-5e972761:

2.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I wonder if that tea infuser is new. So much for staying away from Amazon. She is so full of it. And is she ever going to mention French anything ever again?

Also, if she’s going English with her decor now, how will she handle COLOR being in her house now that she is allergic to it? Will Christmas presents be wrapped in beige wrapping paper again this year or will there be a refreshing sprinkle of color? Let’s see how much England has truly changed you, you monotone robot.

3. CC and Donny's PT Babysitter
        +4   Like  

User deleted

If a grown man or woman can so easily be “changed” after a very short, very touristy trip, that person had no idea who they really are.

Toni copies so many people on IG. Namely, the Food Nanny and Shannon Abel’s.

Any minute now, she’s going to buy everything Monty Don and get back into her garden. So predictable.

4.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    The face of someone changed by a few days in England. It really shows, doesn’t it?
    Attached Image
    IMG_1733

5.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    LOL... that was when she was in Paris...she clearly wasn't happy there...when is she going to talk about it?!

6.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Yes, it was between the two England visits.

How do you go from obsessing over everything French for years, even opening a store, to finally visiting and not even mentioning it upon your return? I think there’s a high likelihood that someone was rude to her, probably in response to Toni’s rudeness, and she got cussed out in French by some pissed off shop clerk or cafe waiter. The woman who has been obsessed with everything French for years but couldn’t be bothered to learn a little of the French language, probably got treated exactly how she deserved to be.

:

7.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    She's telling us all about Europe like she knows. Grocery stores are small (clearly never went to a Sainsbury's in London). But many cities in the US have smaller stores in tourist areas, NYC, Miami, etc. You go to the suburbs to get the big supermarkets. I've been to grocery stores in Germany and England that were very large. And no, afternoon tea isn't something the English do much any more. You no longer stop work in the afternoon. Still a lot of tea drinking, of course. And cafes are more specifically Parisian, not really French. Books and films and art are big parts of French culture.

And she says it--the French weren't nice like the English. :smoking-smiley-face:

8.     +6   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    that's not afternoon tea

that's not even what most people would drink here of an afternoon, or with any regularity at all really. she needs to just accept the fact she is boring american and stop trying to glom onto other cultures

9.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    LOL... she found the french "not as nice". In my experience, the french don't mess, and they're more reserved and don't take kindly to those that aren't. In American culture, we take up more space (figuratively and literally, lol) and that comes across brash and in your face. Toni probably took up more space by being a bit of a know it all, insisting on speaking english, among other things. Her kids were probably louder and looked like and acted like typical american teens/college kids and that came across a certain way.... hence the proclamation "We're going back to Paris without the kids"....

I feel bad for her kids, she had two posts that were anti-family...one being Paris isn't where I'd go with the kids, and go to afternoon tea at F&M WITHOUT THE KIDS.

Was it a family trip or not Toni?

The kids will never travel with them again... she needs to be able to afford the $5000 pp airfare.

10.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    The French are very family oriented. Paris is a lovely place to take children.

11. CC and Donny's PT Babysitter
        +6   Like  

User deleted

I got my ass chewed out by a French woman at the airport for asking her a question in English. It was literally minutes after I got off the plane. Ouch.

I didn’t make that mistake again and ended up having the most amazing time. Every French person I talked to was very kind. Every single one of them.

Toni is bitter and looks it.

She assumed that people would be impressed by her attire and money. No one dresses like Toni in Paris. No one decorates like Toni.

I think it’s hilarious that Ms. Priss got put in her place.

English tea is Earl Grey or other black teas. They aren’t drinking her pretentious lemon and mint nonsense.

ETA just watched her stories. She did a bunch of research but didn’t know they smoke like chimneys there? Idiot.

And Ms.Cash Envelope realized you don’t need cash :snickering: no shit Sherlock.

Paris really is for lovers? Whatever. Maybe your stuck up kids don’t appreciate the culture and history Europe has. I sense Toni doesn’t either.

12.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    One thing I loved about taking my kids to France (10 years ago albeit) was that all museums were free for kids and youth. So I agree, I found that wonderfully family oriented. 5 days there we moved onto Italy only to have to pay for all the museums for the kids... Italians! :snickering:

Years ago we did a tour at the Celestial Seasonings tea factory in CO. They claim that they started the fallacy of calling an herbal infusion "tea". Back in the day they started selling what was known as an herbal infusion but called it "herbal tea" to make it more recognizable. I do know when I have been to Europe the fresh mint and fresh ginger tea they serve there is called "tea" but it is no way english afternoon tea!

Shall we have a countdown or bingo card of her converting her entire life from french to english?

13.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Screenshot_2023-08-18-15-54-37-19_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9

Just wanted to leave this here, because every single one of us called it, as far as why she didn't stay in Paris longer. :happy: I also love that she admitted you don't need cash. I think we all said this as well when she was asking on IG about this and if she should get cash here or not and where to get it. I love her sharing her insights into this trip that was one week long, lol. Like she is a world traveler after her one and only trip abroad. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

14.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    So she’s planning her next international trip for next summer (hopefully, she says) all the while posting how you should fly first class, take Eurostar business class and buy a $2500 Burberry coat (but save “a fortune” at the airport by buying duty free!’ Lol…really struggling to pay off that mortgage. Is she taking the whole fam next summer too? Because why travel summer when you can get so much more of your moneys worth in spring and fall with less crowds…still a lot to learn there Toni…

15.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I guess spending top dollar on the most expensive airplane accommodations possible has cured her fear of flying.

835 replies since 3/9/2022, 17:39   55861 views