« Older   Newer »

1. Deadeyeslikejen
        +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (LateKate @ 25/9/2022, 05:23) 
    I wonder if she attended the ceremony and the after party. Those will be harder for her than the actual climb

The real Mount Everest has a death zone at 26000 ft. It is called so because the human body can't function normally in the Death Zone because there isn't enough oxygen at that elevation

I wish they would stop calling this challenge Everesting. It is NOTHING like climbing Mt Everest

Watching this whole thing has made me so irrationally angry that I’ve barely been able to follow along.
    My husband and I love mountains and I am a huge Everest buff. I have met several people who have climbed Everest (one who nearly died) and it is nothing like this “Everesting” shit. It usually takes a few months just to acclimate and summit under good conditions. It’s an enormous accomplishment. Unfortunately it has been messed up by inexperienced climbers who are rich and think they can pay their way to get to the top. That’s part of the reason why there are so many dead bodies on the way up.
    She’s kidding herself if she thinks she is even in the same league.

872 replies since 23/9/2022, 22:10   100661 views