Love Meg: Abundantly broke, so called businesses are a joke Pt. 45

« Older   Newer »

1.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    This ladies is a perfect example of why they are in financial crisis. Justin thinks he knows everything and then oopppss! He doesn’t

2. VanityCake
        +17   Like  

User deleted

They should just use those multiples of millions and their enormous influencer clout to have the car flown overseas! Oh wait..... :hearty-laugh:

3.     +14   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Luki @ 11/5/2022, 11:01 AM) 
    Justin (who planned this) was not worried about 10 weeks ago. The car was supposed to arrive two weeks before them (waiting for them right now), but if not, no biggie, rent a car, go to Scandinavia and pick up their car on their way back. Now this is very serious and they have to stay 'near the car'.

Boy, this aged well LMAO! Didn't we predict this scenerio could happen?!

4.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Luki @ 5/11/2022, 17:01) 
    Justin (who planned this) was not worried about 10 weeks ago. The car was supposed to arrive two weeks before them (waiting for them right now), but if not, no biggie, rent a car, go to Scandinavia and pick up their car on their way back. Now this is very serious and they have to stay 'near the car'.

I suppose, without winter clothes it is better to stay in Benelux. But I hope they have some appropriate clothes. It is not winter yet, but it is not as warm as where they are coming from.

What if they get sick? I hope they have international health insurance.

ALDI has winter coats for children and women, lined leather booties, plusch pyjamas and leggings on special from 7th November - maybe they´re lucky and some stock is left over two days later. Just in case you do read here, Meg.

They better have health insurance! It doesn´t happen all that often, but visa waiver third country nationals can be asked for all documents that would have had to be submitted for a prior visa application when arriving at the border. Comprehensive health insurance covering at least 30k € is a requirement for a Schengen visa, so at least in theory it´s also a requirement for entering Schengen on a visa waiver.

5.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Germangirl @ 11/5/2022, 12:27 PM) 
    QUOTE (Luki @ 5/11/2022, 17:01) 

I suppose, without winter clothes it is better to stay in Benelux. But I hope they have some appropriate clothes. It is not winter yet, but it is not as warm as where they are coming from.

What if they get sick? I hope they have international health insurance.

ALDI has winter coats for children and women, lined leather booties, plusch pyjamas and leggings on special from 7th November - maybe they´re lucky and some stock is left over two days later. Just in case you do read here, Meg.

They better have health insurance! It doesn´t happen all that often, but visa waiver third country nationals can be asked for all documents that would have had to be submitted for a prior visa application when arriving at the border. Comprehensive health insurance covering at least 30k € is a requirement for a Schengen visa, so at least in theory it´s also a requirement for entering Schengen on a visa waiver.

Just curious and I'm not even sure if you would know, but what would happen if they didn't have insurance in Europe and one of them got sick? Being that they aren't citiizens would they get billed or would thy have to pay right then in full?

6.     +10   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I’ll post this in both groups because I follow crazy Meg and aaryn. I just thought today how insane they both are but so different. Aaryn does whatever she can to get away from her kids and Meg drags her kids around and forces them to be with her 24/7 while ruining their education and lives. Goodness- which is worse? Ha

7.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Personally, I don’t think they sent the car until the dogs were cleared to go.

8.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SJB1974 @ 5/11/2022, 18:49) 
    QUOTE (Germangirl @ 11/5/2022, 12:27 PM) 

Just curious and I'm not even sure if you would know, but what would happen if they didn't have insurance in Europe and one of them got sick? Being that they aren't citiizens would they get billed or would thy have to pay right then in full?

It depends a bit on the doctor and how used to private patients the team is. When I was living in England way back when I had lots of non-EU immigration advisory experience but a lot to learn about the EU treaty, EU freedom of movement and all the areas it touches on, I asked my dentist in Berlin for a checkup and informed them that I had no insurance in Germany and that I would like to pay privately. There was a bit of a panicked moment among the staff until I said they could send the invoice to my parents´address.

I´d assume that, without insurance and without a permanent address to send an invoice to/track them down, they´d have to pay then and there.

My mother-in-law had a small accident while sightseeing (unsuitable shoes on cobblestones) and had to be taken to the ER by ambulance. There was no charge for the ambulance. For the checks and treatment she received in the ER, my father received an invoice of 138 € about three weeks later, because he had been the sponsor/guarantor for her visa. We passed the invoice on to my parents-in-law and they paid/claimed from their travel insurance.

About four years back I heard about a case from a colleague. A German national living abroad had come home for Christmas with his pregnant American wife. They had no travel health insurance. Unfortunately, suddenly the wife needed an emergency C-section and both her and the premy baby needed intensive care for a couple of weeks. The bill was around 120k €. I think they were able to agree on payment in installments.

In other countries, the amount may have been different, or some of the care may have been free, some not. The EU has 27 countries and 27 different health care systems. It´s not a good idea not to have insurance.

9.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (VanityCake @ 5/11/2022, 15:58) 
    QUOTE (MPD @ 11/5/2022, 02:06 PM) 
    Bless her trying to pretend she's happy this is happening. Girl, we all know you're dying to be in your McMansion decorating the Xmas crap out it right now.

hahahahaha! Loving how everything is falling apart for her. Also enjoying her obvious stress over the whole ordeal.

I decided to beef up our Christmas decoration collection this year. In addition to our special ornaments I'm adding a bunch of new bits, hunting lots of cute handmade things at craft shows & local shops, and just having an all around blast finding & buying stuff. None of it is Hobby Lobby garbage & we're not decorating until the end of November but I've thought of the Hickmans often while shopping. I have to be careful not to snicker out loud to myself like a crazy person.

As you say Meg would rather be throwing up those Dr. Suess trees of hers right now and we all know it.

I bet Meh is foaming at the mouth with anger and jealousy as she reads your post 😆

10.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Health insurance is not an insurance on EU level, but on national level. Each country has its own national health care system. My friend had an accident vacationing in another country, a helicopter was needed and other expensive stuff. He had insurance and it was fine. Otherwise he would've paid for everything himself (he estimates somewhere from 20.000 to 30.000 EUR).

This two better take some family international travel insurance. It is not that expensive. Otherwise they will have to pay all by themselves. Hospitals and operations are expensive. To save a hundred can result in loosing thousands.

I also hope they will have some car assistance insurance.

Since they failed to sent their car to arrive on time, I'm worried how is this going to work. They are both delusional how smart and efficient they are.

They could return home not just broke, but in serious debts.

11.     +18   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Oh, I’m not worried. The only thing I’m worried about is if my popcorn stash will last while i watch them fall

12.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    The German equivalent of AAA offers health insurance specifically for inviting somebody who needs a Schengen visa. We have purchased this health insurance several times when sponsoring my parents-in-law, nephew, sister-in-law, etc. because I´d rather deal with an insurance in Germany than halfway around the world (claiming back that ER bill from an insurance purchased abroad was a bit of a hassle, my parents-in-law tell me).

I just put in some random data for somebody who is 31 years old, is not a member of this German car club organization and wants coverage for up to 1 million Euros for a 12 months period including special medical transportation to the home country if needed.

It quoted 835.00 € (about 832.00 US Dollars? Wow, that´s nearly one to one!) for the year. I don´t know whether they offer family packages for that policy or strictly per person, but it still seems like a good deal for peace of mind.

I hope they have something like that in place.

13.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Coffee12 @ 5/11/2022, 21:04) 
    Unless it’s mandatory it’s safe to say Justin and Meg won’t be purchasing any kind of health insurance. Justin is a know it all. I’m sure he’s instructed the family to manifest perfect health.

I think it’s so odd that they refuse to think of any scenarios of things that could go wrong while living out of a suitcase in an unfamiliar country. Only thing Meg was worried about while traveling was her hair and fake nails! Any other valid concerns people bring up are just a “poor people mindset”.

I also think it’s sad that her kids are now 80% of her content yet get paid nothing. I’m sure Meg thinks them getting to travel is their “payment” but that’s Justin’s dream not the kids. They don’t even get a good education.

It´s mandatory in theory, they are just unlikely to be asked about it.

Although... with all that land border crossing they are planning, that likelyhood actually increases.

Fun fact: for the UK, a non-EU, non-Schengen country, travel health insurance is not mandatory, so a lot of visitors don´t have one. Emergency services are free, anything else (like hospitalization after being brought into the ER) will be billed at 150% of cost and any unpaid NHS bills will result in future visa refusals and can also mean being turned away at the border.

I agree, the homeschooling will go down the drain completely once they travel.

14.     +15   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    This is so scary for those children. These fools can’t even plan something as basic and essential such as getting their car there for a road trip. She says they are planning month to month but they don’t even have the first month settled. This is what happens when you rely toxic positivity to plan a life of homelessness. Her body language and facial expressions in that IG story were the same as the video when she told us she was selling their house. She seemed uncomfortable and annoyed while pretending to be happy.

15.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Coffee12 @ 11/5/2022, 03:04 PM) 
    Unless it’s mandatory it’s safe to say Justin and Meg won’t be purchasing any kind of health insurance. Justin is a know it all. I’m sure he’s instructed the family to manifest perfect health.

I think it’s so odd that they refuse to think of any scenarios of things that could go wrong while living out of a suitcase in an unfamiliar country. Only thing Meg was worried about while traveling was her hair and fake nails! Any other valid concerns people bring up are just a “poor people mindset”.

I also think it’s sad that her kids are now 80% of her content yet get paid nothing. I’m sure Meg thinks them getting to travel is their “payment” but that’s Justin’s dream not the kids. They don’t even get a good education.

I'm surprised they aren't thinking of other scenarios. Meg claims to be an INFJ. INFJ's go over EVERY possible scenario in their minds. Unless she is and Justin is reassuring her that everything will be fine because he's so brilliant at life.

937 replies since 18/10/2022, 16:54   95792 views