Julia Pacheo

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    There’s a new community post on her YouTube channel that says there will not be a new video today because she was down with the flu this week. The photo she used to go along with the post was her shopping maskless with her baby in tow at Walmart.

I bet those germs are so so good and flavorful.

2.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I have to clock out of her video as soon as she says “stir.” Is it an accent or something?? It drives me crazy!!

3.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I used to watch her but the recipes are so basic I don’t need them. How did her channel grow so fast??? I found her when she was at maybe 5k and it wasn’t that long ago. Good for her if she’s found her audience.

4.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Audience = Anyone 98.6

Wow you can mix chicken with cheese? HOLY SHIT, would have never guessed, etc.

5.     +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I'm the odd man out. I happen to like her and her videos. We are like different people and styles!

6.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    There is something likable about her. I just wasn’t into the recipes.

7.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I appreciate that she time stamps her videos and seems like she is a good person. She is quirky. I think it's because she's in the Mormon bubble.

8.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She's definitely one of the better youtubers. But there's always something to snark about with these people. Normal families aren't *on* for the camera all the time.

9.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I enjoy Meals with Maria. She's very real and likable imo. Julia pops up on my feed. I don't know why, but I enjoy her less and switch her off. Jmo

10.     +5   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    I literally just saw a comment on one of her videos that she “should have her own cooking show because she’s so talented and amazing!!!” It had several likes.

I was so nice I didn’t type what I thought. My criticism is how she talks in a very plain, non descriptive way EVERY video. It’s so redundant.

To have a show, you need to have a broad communicative style & more personality combined with being relaxed. And the most obvious would be LIVE cooking. That’s very different than cooking, recording, editing then giving voice over. A sharp contrast would be Laura Vitale’s channel & style. She’s like a Food Network figure but I think she’s just all YT and her website. She’s impressive to me because her videos literally are like a professional cooking show.

The things that bother me with Julia, and I notice so often are: “here’s my plate of food”, as she shows the end product (it’s stating the obvious and so non verbally creative to say the same robotic thing every time)…hmm let’s see, I hear “we do this in our house”…”put this in there”. This probably makes me sound mean but there’s something about poor descriptive talking that irritates me! LOL /endrant

11.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She does everything so fast. She just kind of throws things in. Most of it makes it in to the bowl or pan but prices do go flying. She sounds like she's running a marathon.

12.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (WV. Transplant @ 20/12/2022, 16:07) 
    She does everything so fast. She just kind of throws things in. Most of it makes it in to the bowl or pan but prices do go flying. She sounds like she's running a marathon.

Yeah she does sound like that. It’s almost like a nervousness at the beginning of every video. She’s very predictable but I can see why some people really like it—there are many positives about her; she is straight to the point, with no drama or personal family influence on her videos (that I know of). She links every recipe and time stamp.

Back to my rant…I just watched her recent Christmas cookie video and she said “I am putting this into my **electric** stand up mixer but if you don’t have one you can use an *electric** hand mixer…and then repeated something redundant about stand up mixer”. I don’t know how to explain this lol but it’s as if she’s speaking to children and to people with zero kitchen knowledge. She has done well for herself though! Great channel growth. I just have this urge to coach her on her script reading. As I recall in several writing classes, you should read your writing aloud to see how it sounds to the readers and reflect on what needs to be edited (improved). She should do the opposite, and instead of listening to her narration..she should just read the transcript! Lol Ahh alas, to be fair, maybe she’s not a very verbose person and this is a big deal for her. Maybe she doesn’t even care? Maybe she doesn’t read novels? I just can’t imagine her being successful for many years on YT with this same predictable style.

I don’t (regularly) watch a ton of cooking channels on YT but one I can recently remember speaks fluidly in her voice overs as if she’s just talking to a friend, but it’s still very precise, to the point, and relaxed; oh it’s Kristin Stepp!! Her recipes lean towards “not healthy” but when I want comfort food and a good southern narration, she’s good!

13.     +1   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (iheartyt @ 15/11/2022, 05:15) 
    I appreciate that she time stamps her videos and seems like she is a good person. She is quirky. I think it's because she's in the Mormon bubble.

I wondered about that! I think she was influenced heavily by the lady on Family Fudge with her snapping for the chopped ingredients, and air of perfection on the countertop. I’m pretty sure that family is Mormon. I haven’t seen a Family Fudge video for a couple years now. Perhaps I’ll check her out and see what’s new.

14.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Lisplikejen @ 14/11/2022, 11:51) 
    I have to clock out of her video as soon as she says “stir.” Is it an accent or something?? It drives me crazy!!

That’s hilarious. Glad I’m not alone in my cringe. For me, it’s her overuse of saying “sheet pan” all the time and eggs being said as eyygs instead of just egg—rhyming with leg or peg etc

15.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I like Kristin Step too. She’s not cooking healthy food but it sure looks good!! She seems comfortable talking in her videos.

I think Julie is young and is learning as she goes. Nothing wrong with that. She’s just showing how she does it. The way she speaks makes me think she was homeschooled and didn’t have a lot of interaction with other kids outside her family.

152 replies since 26/10/2022, 21:30   14433 views