Mama Baird’s Homestead

« Older   Newer »

1. Lighthouse2
        +5   Like  

User deleted

Carolina is very mistaken that she takes care of her family. Nope, her free town food bank and school handouts, etc take care of her kids. Very little of her own money seems to care for them. She is faulty in her thinking when she takes extra money to splurge on scratch off lottery tickets when the town food bank is caring for her children or the public school district is feeding them breakfast and lunch and free clothes, school supplies. If you have to utilize those services then you will never have extra goof off money. I was raised in a lg family and we did free things as a family like picnicing or swimming at a lake. Sure there was gas money but it was the fun we had together. Carolina is very wrong in her thinking. Selfish and a 'I am entitled attitude.' But she won't ever get it.

2.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Lighthouse2 @ 24/9/2023, 02:12) 
    Carolina is very mistaken that she takes care of her family. Nope, her free town food bank and school handouts, etc take care of her kids. Very little of her own money seems to care for them. She is faulty in her thinking when she takes extra money to splurge on scratch off lottery tickets when the town food bank is caring for her children or the public school district is feeding them breakfast and lunch and free clothes, school supplies. If you have to utilize those services then you will never have extra goof off money. I was raised in a lg family and we did free things as a family like picnicing or swimming at a lake. Sure there was gas money but it was the fun we had together. Carolina is very wrong in her thinking. Selfish and a 'I am entitled attitude.' But she won't ever get it.

I totally agree. If you are relying on others for ANYTHING then you do not have "extra" money. And when you say the food back takes care of her kids..the literally do!! She dumps them in the free babysitting area and goes to blow money at Costco lol

3.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    How the heck is she going to afford a house keeper? “ Husband” only allots her 300-500 a month after bills. There’s no way they’re going to be able to pay for one

Pls don’t tell me someone is going to offer to do it for free. I’d take one look at her place and flee right back out the door

4. Lighthouse2

User deleted

The thing is this is a generation of YouTube snowflakes. BooHoo, I need mommy time while people donate thier money to care for my kids and the town free services also. I look back on the older generations and they worked so much harder with no mommy days. But they survived with healthy pride of taking care of thier families. She's a snowflake and it's so hard. Again what mommy time is it when you sit for 10 minutes and scratch cards. Pretty lame. A nice healthy FREE walk is much better for her. I know because when things got tough for me a waited until my hubby could care for the kids and I could blow off steam and walk. I was always a better mom after. Carolina has morals and values 'heart' problems. And what lessons is she teaching her kids. They will grow up to 'possible' be lazy or dependant on free anything.

5.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    At the end it, like 5 seconds before its over, she mentions not tearing people down snd it cuts out. She seriously looks like she started to cry. I honestly think she's going through something big mental health wise. I don't agree with stuff she does but I still feel for her.

She's missing the point when she mentioned that if she spent $20 on a haircut it's not any different from the scratchers...but it is 100%

6.     +5   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I wouldn’t have an issue if she had spent the $20 on a new hair do or a fresh look. A new outfit, nails. I think that falls under personal care/self care/hygiene. She’d probably feel better too.

$20 on scratchers/lottery/pull tabs etc when your family literally relies on the food bank because you’re obsessed with food wastage is another thing entirely.

7. Lighthouse2
        +3   Like  

User deleted

MartyMcP Exactly! I was just thinking about her faulty thinking....she could have got something that would benefit herself many times after buying . She could feel good about herself with a fresh doo or nice soaps or any number of things. What a waste to either lose all of the $20, or get a small amt back or in a VERY small instance, gain more. And then she would waste it again on more scratch offs. She is a prime example of uneducated. She needs to take a financial class or self improvement course. Many of us are raised with good values or learn thru experience. Carolina is doing neither. She's too stubborn and greedy to want to learn. As she said in an earlier video....why WOULDN"T I take free so I have more money for other things I WANT to buy. This is her motto. And it is faulty!

Does any moms out there consider 10 minutes of scratch off ticket time edifying?? Or stress relieving??? It's just plain dumb that she walks out to er patio for 10 minutes of great stress reliving :snickering: time! Call me crackers but Carolina wants MORE and is hungry for more money. She already has plenty of free 'stuff' and free food and clothes for kids, etc and she is looking for free money now thru scratch offs.

8.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    She is missing the point. You don't need to put up your scratch off on YouTube. She started her channel with food banks. Those videos get the most views. Her husband said it before don't start with food banks or that's all your channel will be because that is your audience. Some people actually struggle far worse than you Carolina and it's rather disgusting to tell others that they can get through the hard times, but let me try to win money on YouTube and ask others to donate to me. The point of YouTube is to create content not beg for others to pay you. YouTube pays you and its not your viewers fault if you didn't get a lot of views on your video. Your loosing the people who started watching you. And those people are the core of the views...

9.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Mom time..spend $10 on a great coffee and $10 on gas. Drive somewhere beautiful and sit for an hour taking it in and sipping that coffee. You actually get something tangible for your money and you've had a chance to recharge your mom battery!!! Lotto while relying on others to provide basics is like tossing that 20 right out your car window on the way to the food bank!

10.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a salt bed in Italy ducking flying muffins.

Status
    Anonymous
    Everything about her life is BS. The point of homesteading is self-reliance. Carolina and “Husband” are doing the exact opposite. They’re renting. The community and taxpayers are feeding her children and even their livestock! She can’t even keep her own house clean and is talking about having someone else do that for her. She’s definitely “reliant” but not on herself.

11.     +5   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    She said something yesterday, about the kids. She’s like my kids are taken care of, they’re fine.

They’re sadly far from fine. I’ve seen 3 yr olds on YouTube that can run laps around her kids. Yeah they have a roof over their heads, I’ll give them that. They’re woefully behind educationally, they were begging for new clothes at Costco, the school supplies were all free/donated, the house is a wreck, she gives them the tiniest portions and she barely buys them a thing.

12.     +4   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group
    Burning My Neck with Bacon Grease at Waffhoe House

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (MartyMcP @ 24/9/2023, 14:38) 
    I wouldn’t have an issue if she had spent the $20 on a new hair do or a fresh look. A new outfit, nails. I think that falls under personal care/self care/hygiene. She’d probably feel better too.

$20 on scratchers/lottery/pull tabs etc when your family literally relies on the food bank because you’re obsessed with food wastage is another thing entirely.

I would have rather seen her spend the $20 on some little Cesar’s pizzas and soda for a family night. Scratch offs are literally throwing money away. I like to play slots, so I get the thrill aspect of it. Difference is I am not taking handouts of any kind, and I go in with the mindset that my $20 in the slot machine is gone before I even start. If I was in her position I would do a million things with that money rather than gamble

13.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Somebody do me a favor & tell me I’m not blind…

Yesterday in her shorts, she made “ chili Mac”( she’s calling it that…anyway.) she used a box of Mac/cheese ( off brand of Kraft), a can of condensed tomato soup, and a can of beef…

Umm…the beef looks a bit pinkish….is that stuff cooked? 😳😳

14.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Take a look at her video.. her vs. Karen

www.youtube.com/shorts/Pv8Vj6NuyxI

15.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    The new Karen short is her typical doubling down on her side of a story. She can't be bothered to stop and try to grasp why others think the way they do. Don't process it because they might be right.

1388 replies since 31/1/2023, 20:50   61464 views