50 Shades of Abandoning Subscribers: Slinging Za and Driving to Niagara Pt 51

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    My total spending, my last bill, of everything I bought was less than her food only. I don't think I am overly frugal and Sweden generally has higher prizes than the US. It included unnecessary things like going out to eat or to coffee shops and some clothes and other spending.

2.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    #1 - Lemon must of used a double filter for the IG "announcement"
    #2 - Homeschool disaster 2.0
    #3 - Where are the San Antonio locals???? Someone here must have some intel.

3.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Where is this homeschooling taking place? In each kid's individual room? Is that why she deep cleaned all of their rooms? Are they going to independently learn like Paige? What about petite Rose?

4.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    There will be no structured learning going on in that home.

That is why this should not be allowed in every house.

Parents should have to be monitored by someone who knows what they are doing. Or pass some type of aptitude test to do this. Unfortunately just birthing children does not make you a good parent. and it should not qualify anyone to makes decisions that will impact their child’s life so drastically. This may be an unpopular opinion ….but i consider what they are doing a form of child abuse. Withholding their children from proper education, social interaction, structure and guidance from educated professionals in environments where they can prosper….so they can sleep in, eat junk, lay around with video games and learn on their own while their mother films YouTube videos or rests in bed watching TV should be a crime. You can’t get these years back!!!!

I know there are MANY wonderful home school parents who take it seriously. Lemon is not one of them. She allows the kids to teach themselves. And will adjust their schedules to go on vacations or play with friends Sick

Lemon continually makes very poor judgment calls on life decisions. That’s not an opinion. It’s based on facts of what she starts and stops all of the time! She is an impulse decision maker. And now her kids will suffer. It is the job of her HUSBAND or extended family members to step in here!!! Sad sad sad situation.

5.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Those poor kids are doomed. I am 99.9% positive the school said something they didn’t like or had a rule that dumb and dumber didn’t follow because rules don’t work for their family 🙄🙄🙄.

6.     +9   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    She always needs something big to plan. The tiny home. The new build. The new house the kitchen remodel etc etc. so because she’s bored this is her next project. Those poor kids honestly they don’t know better

7.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think Big Tim is the silent partner. He has a good education and job. Wouldn't you think he would want that for his kids as well? Instead they are going to get the Lemon 5 year high school plan, if they are lucky. I see Buhrice turning out like Paige homeschooling himself in his room, Pearl getting pregnant and Rose dropping out of school all together.

That's just my opinion. These ones and bolth are not in my vocabulary, and I'm a garbage person, so there's that.

8.     +6   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    One day it's all going to crash down. The spending doesn't add up to the income.

9.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I don't really think that my country forbidding homeschooling was the best idea. I think you can do homeschooling well. I think I could probably manage up to about grade 6 and beyond that in some, but not all subjects. However, I then see a person like Lemon being allowed to do it and I am much more supportive. Still, I think a highly regulated form of homeschooling should have been better than either no rules or absolutely forbidding it.

10.     +12   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I have my masters degree and I don’t think I’d be a good homeschooler I think you have to really look at your abilities. She acts like a preschool teacher not a middle school and high schooler teacher

Paige moving out made her lose her mind. Spend the money on a counselor lemon. They have them online!

11.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I feel like I did fine with my kids. They had a nanny/tutor and us (parents) available to help during the pandemic and then transitioned back to ps fine.
    Spend some of that door dash money on a helper. Making babies is instinct, math and reading (speech) is learned.

12.     +12   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I wonder if the school demanded they get baby bird evaluated for delays and that is what triggered the entire decision. There is nothing wrong with your child needing extra help and the problems will be there regardless of how unwilling you are to see it.

13.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Wonder if she pulls them out to "home school", can she return her to ps in the fall advancing a grade

14.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Itworksformyfamily @ 3/16/2023, 04:14 PM) 
    I wonder if the school demanded they get baby bird evaluated for delays and that is what triggered the entire decision. There is nothing wrong with your child needing extra help and the problems will be there regardless of how unwilling you are to see it.

This was my first thought as well!

I'm great training folks at work, but you couldn't pay me to homeschool my kids. Besides, they need to socialize with other kiddos too. They need some diversity!

15.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Itworksformyfamily @ 3/16/2023, 04:14 PM) 

My son had delays and needed speech, physical, occupational and vision therapies at school. It's really not that big a deal. Rose could benefit from speech therapy. And in my state, it's all paid for by the state.

1400 replies since 6/2/2023, 18:11   94328 views