Farmhouse on Boone Part 2: Haggard and worn, another baby to be born, still baking with einkorn

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    That is very true.

2.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    So apparently there is a restaurant in a town not far from me called The Farmhouse on Boone Cafe.

No apparent relationship other than both being in Missouri - the cafe food looks a lot better. But it definitely made me raise an eyebrow.

3.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I used to really like her videos. She showed a realistic side to homemaking. But after I watched a few im like, where are the kids? Mine would constantly be in the frame. She just seems so joyless. I never see her smile.

4.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Sourpatch87 @ 30/3/2023, 12:02) 
    I used to really like her videos. She showed a realistic side to homemaking. But after I watched a few im like, where are the kids? Mine would constantly be in the frame. She just seems so joyless. I never see her smile.

Same here. I thought she was very original and I liked her content. When I first started watching her I think she had 4 kids and was pregnant with number 5, and her husband was still working. She seemed to be able to handle that. But I agree that she never looks happy anymore. She looks like she has the weight of the world on her shoulders being the breadwinner and now getting ready to have child #8. It's too much. She looked so rough in the video where they had just come back from vacation.

5.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm intrigued by this restaurant of the same name. It's real and has a strong online presence. Is she involved? Seems very odd if not. She kept that name even when she moved from that house on Boone St to keep the continuity of her branding. I thought that was bit strange at the time though she did move to an actual farmhouse. It seemed weird to keep the old Street name and now we have a direct steal? Of her brand.

6.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair...

Status
    Maybe she stole the brand lol

7.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Damn, her coffee recipe is the most involved thing I've ever seen. Always the best for Lisa!

8.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 1/4/2023, 02:41) 
    Damn, her coffee recipe is the most involved thing I've ever seen. Always the best for Lisa!

i just thought the exact same thing. i love coffee too, but the whole rigmarole she goes through with egg yolks and stuff is just wow. i wonder what it tastes like - im not daring enough to try

9.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair...

Status
    I'm surprised she drinks espresso when she's pregnant.

10.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Whoa, she made a Victorian screen for her baby's crib? Their house is so impractical, there is nowhere near enough room for all of them

Screenshot_2023-04-09_at_6

11.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (JammyPants @ 1/4/2023, 13:51) 
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 1/4/2023, 02:41) 

i just thought the exact same thing. i love coffee too, but the whole rigmarole she goes through with egg yolks and stuff is just wow. i wonder what it tastes like - im not daring enough to try

I haven't seen her making coffee but egg coffee is a Swedish coffee, popular in MN. For traditional Swedish egg coffee, you mash a whole, raw egg (shell and all) into coffee grounds. Put the egg grounds mixture into cold water. Bring it to a rolling boil, turn the heat off and wait for it to cool and the egg ground mixture to settle to the bottom. It is pretty good.

12.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    Yep there is a video where she runs through making the choke hazards oops sorry curtains for the crib. Desperate for a dark corner to plonk the baby for naps!

13.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    She’s on the Clutterbug podcast this week. I’ve barely started listening - so far it’s only covered that she outsources EVERYTHING blog/YT/IG/email related. Which is genuinely not surprising.

14.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Another baby??? Wow.

15.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I don’t watch FOB anymore but based on stuff I’ve read here I’m wondering if there’s been some concerns with this pregnancy. She announced the gender which had me thinking maybe she needed ultrasounds to follow something. Does she usually get any ultrasounds? I did see an IG clip and she looks terrible. I hope everything is ok with the baby.

341 replies since 18/2/2023, 00:05   112323 views