Farmhouse on Boone Part 2: Haggard and worn, another baby to be born, still baking with einkorn

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (UpNorth @ 1/3/2024, 14:52) 
    QUOTE (Rapunzel4 @ 29/2/2024, 18:52) 
    Our dish washer broke a couple of weeks back and is getting fixed. We are just 3 and none of us like to wash by hand, yet we are very thorough with dish soap and hot running water while washing up each dish or plate to avoid bacterial contamination. And we are vegetarians, I would assume less chance of cross contamination.

I'm not worried about people washing their dishes by hand. My parents never owned a dishwasher, it's not a big deal for me. But water itself doesn't clean. It's the lack of soap that worries me. This is not a clean kitchen at all.

I use soap, but in my mind it doesn't bother me that someone wouldn't use soap as long as they used very hot water and a clean dishcloth, but I think she does neither.

2.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (UpNorth @ 3/1/2024, 02:52 PM) 
    I'm not worried about people washing their dishes by hand. My parents never owned a dishwasher, it's not a big deal for me. But water itself doesn't clean. It's the lack of soap that worries me. This is not a clean kitchen at all.

True, we also had no dishwasher while we were young. It started to become a thing after I was in my 20's. Nowadays, I cannot do without one and I am happy with the modern technology which lightens my load.
    That kitchen does look filthy must be a lot of cross contamination, but by now they must be immune.
    Looks like the younger sister has a channel too, saw a couple of her videos and so far she is doing better in the cleanliness department.

3.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I just wasted my time listening/watching the three sisters discuss their lives. How boring can one get! They have nothing to say. But the picture of the three of them is just sad. Lisa looks the best, but not one of them looks pretty or even healthy. They are pasty, pudgy, and have dirty, stringy hair probably loaded down with Crisco and lavender oil or something. They are so against normal products.

If their lifestyle was so great they would all have glowing complexions, rosy cheeks, and shiny hair. Nope!

I do wonder how long they will be successful in sharing their boring lives. Afterall, how many sourdough recipes can one make in a lifetime?

4.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I just cannot imagine the whiff of dairy followed by ammoniacal fart smell roaming in her house.

5.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Daledge @ 3/17/2024, 09:37 PM) 
    I just wasted my time listening/watching the three sisters discuss their lives. How boring can one get! They have nothing to say. But the picture of the three of them is just sad. Lisa looks the best, but not one of them looks pretty or even healthy. They are pasty, pudgy, and have dirty, stringy hair probably loaded down with Crisco and lavender oil or something. They are so against normal products.

If their lifestyle was so great they would all have glowing complexions, rosy cheeks, and shiny hair. Nope!

I do wonder how long they will be successful in sharing their boring lives. Afterall, how many sourdough recipes can one make in a lifetime?

I tried to listen for just a few minutes and had to switch off, but gathered they are going to pop out a cricket team each. Each talking over the other and incoherent for the most part. It was really boring but read some comments full of oh and ah's. As if they care what your life looks like in the comments.

They look like that because they eat too much meat. Every meal is meat and more meat. No amount of sauerkraut or kefir and sourdough can fix their skin or health. They look old before their time. I see a life of drudgery with their cooking, constant pregnancies and trying to be relevant with a 1700's lifestyle in today's world. It is a very unrealistic lifestyle they project.

6.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Daledge @ 17/3/2024, 21:37) 

The lady on Hopewell Heights (I really can't find her name), while she is a bit puffy right now because of her pregnancy, has a clear skin and healthy hair. I don't know if it's genetic or if it's because of what they use and eat, but the whole homesteading/fermented food thing works a lot better for Hopewell Heights.

Also, could she have her own thread?

7.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I want to be careful saying this because people naturally age (obviously!) but is she looking … frumpy? I just don’t get any sense of joy from her. I haven’t popped in on any of her content for months. In my opinion she doesn’t give homemaking a good look.

8.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    For how long she has to pretend that she likes Birch mattress?

9.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (RosieBelle @ 19/3/2024, 16:46) 
    For how long she has to pretend that she likes Birch mattress?

How long has it been already? Always the same clip too, lazy from her part

10.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    It must be the 50th Birch Mattress sponsorship she go since the past 3 years, just my take, I didn't watch all her videos. There are only 10 people in that house and some still infants. So its either hoarding or she is buying for the battalion of relatives she has.

11.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Rapunzel4 @ 19/3/2024, 22:24) 
    It must be the 50th Birch Mattress sponsorship she go since the past 3 years, just my take, I didn't watch all her videos. There are only 10 people in that house and some still infants. So its either hoarding or she is buying for the battalion of relatives she has.

More like reselling them ...😉

12.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (craycrayallday @ 3/19/2024, 08:44 AM) 
    I want to be careful saying this because people naturally age (obviously!) but is she looking … frumpy? I just don’t get any sense of joy from her. I haven’t popped in on any of her content for months. In my opinion she doesn’t give homemaking a good look.

Yes, people age, but so much in 5 years, she is not even 40. No sense of joy because she sold her soul to the beast called Internet. And probably always scheming in her head for the next video or sponsor to fit the AI and SEO in all social platforms.
    Truly internet sucks the beauty and joy of life.
    I am actually wondering how she has time for 8 kids, videos, blog etc and all the social media.

341 replies since 18/2/2023, 00:05   112299 views