The Biography of Tits McGee: Attention Whore Extraordinaire. Pt. 86

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (A.DoraBuhl @ 16/3/2023, 15:28) 
    Storage units. I am in a VERY rural area, and they are popping up everywhere!! AND they are rented before completion. The USA has a huge problem with gluttony and hoarding. Honestly, I do not know how people afford to just keep buying and then paying to STORE things they do not need or use. Units are not cheap, around here a basic unit starts at 90.00 a month and that is not climate controlled. Go for the latter and they start at 150.00 a month and all you are getting is something like 5 x 8 ft room. The larger the more they cost and the closer to a city or highly populated area, far higher rates than around my area. INSANITY!!!

Same thing in my once rural area. We’ve had 2 new storage units go up in our area in the last 2 years. They also have RV storage. The city is full of storage unit places. People just own ridiculous amounts of stuff. I do understand people needing to have a place for work trucks etc. lots of the HOAs will not let you park work vehicles on your property.
    Another trend I’ve noticed in our area is the massive garages. All new builds have 4 plus car garages with an additional enormous RV garage. 2 and 3 car garages not the norm on custom builds any longer.

2.     +11   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    As soon as Lisa finds out Gwyneth Paltrow gets anal ozone therapy, she'll be the first in line to sign up. Now let's see if she skips breakfast and has bone broth for lunch just like Gwynnie. :shaking_head_smiley_emoticon:

3.     +11   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I don't understand storage units, especially in the suburbs. If your shit cannot fit in your house, you have too much shit!

4.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Twyla @ 3/16/2023, 09:21 PM) 
    I don't understand storage units, especially in the suburbs. If your shit cannot fit in your house, you have too much shit!

Especially if you've built a 3/4 of a million dollar house with a special extra top level and long closet added just for that very purpose of holding all your clothes and giving you a dedicated filming area.

I know Jools will have a field day with this one.

5.     +13   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    The Gwyneth Paltrow stuff lately is so bizarre even for her. An IV in her arm during an interview?! Because she barely eats. She looks so haggard and unwell. Lisa thinks her diet makes her hair shiny and improves her skin, but imo she's lying to herself as usual.

6.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    My in laws have to park outside because their garage is full of stuff they hoarded over the years. Some people can’t get rid of anything.

7.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CherieRose @ 17/3/2023, 04:28) 
    The Gwyneth Paltrow stuff lately is so bizarre even for her. An IV in her arm during an interview?! Because she barely eats. She looks so haggard and unwell. Lisa thinks her diet makes her hair shiny and improves her skin, but imo she's lying to herself as usual.

She’s such a dimwit. The shine in her hair is from the oil she rubs into it. Her skin looks really dry, face and arms

8.     +12   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    The woman is a bold face liar she claims she went on a Carnivore diet because of tummy issues I don’t think so! It’s all about weight loss because i🙃if she was true Carnivore they eat a lot of meat and don’t do intermittent fasting that’s why people go on it like low carb you can eat high fatty foods like chicken wings with blue cheese dressing, steak and don’t have to limit intake like she does she is a bullshit liar and so tired of her bullshit 😤 I’m sorry I watch my carbs but screw that when I’m on vacation or a holiday a enjoy everything good what a sad life she leads I couldn’t imagine and I’m
    sure her poor family suffers from her being so miserable and hungry 😖

9.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    . . . . I see we have more to say about the state of things, here in the US, than we do Lisa. She has really become very boring, hasn't she?

10.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Skankhunt @ 3/17/2023, 05:38 AM) 
    My in laws have to park outside because their garage is full of stuff they hoarded over the years. Some people can’t get rid of anything.

I think it was George Carlin who used to rant about that. A garage full of useless junk while cars that are worth $50K+ and are a primary way to get to WORK to pay for all the STUFF sit out in the driveway. 🤣 Makes zero sense. People have too much stuff!

11.     +4   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I agree that people have way too much stuff. I use to own a storage unit in a small town and when people didn't pay and we would open the storage unit - it was junk they were storing. So sad.

I thought Lisa said she got rid of her storage unit...but at the rate she's buying, she's going to need it back lol.

There is alot to be said for living a lighter life - no excess clothes, makeup, etc...to hold you back. I think it's true what they say, that you don't own your stuff, it owns you.

12.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I’m ready to take bets on that storage unit having been upgraded to a larger unit. There is absolutely no way she has given it up. IMPOSSIBLE.

13.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Twyla @ 17/3/2023, 16:14) 
    QUOTE (Skankhunt @ 3/17/2023, 05:38 AM) 

I think it was George Carlin who used to rant about that. A garage full of useless junk while cars that are worth $50K+ and are a primary way to get to WORK to pay for all the STUFF sit out in the driveway. 🤣 Makes zero sense. People have too much stuff!

Right? I wish I could find that skit. Makes zero sense. They don’t live in the greatest neighborhood as well. They are in their upper 60s too so they most likely will end up leaving that mess to their kids.

14.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Well we are all well aware the garage, in this new house, was only gone through last summer. I am sure that was so they could get in and install a charging station for the Tesla.

15.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Skankhunt @ 3/17/2023, 11:19 AM) 
    QUOTE (Twyla @ 17/3/2023, 16:14) 

Right? I wish I could find that skit. Makes zero sense. They don’t live in the greatest neighborhood as well. They are in their upper 60s too so they most likely will end up leaving that mess to their kids.

Indeed. We are in our mid 60's and the next phase of our renovation is to move back into the house and unpack the 820 cartons I had packed back in October (not sure is it 820, that is a number I came up with) Every carton has a contents label, which is going to be a huge help, going back in.
    I will be spending the summer selling what I can and donating a whole lot more. Have this mess behind me by the end of September. Hoping to only leave the kids with 280 cartons. I must add, we have an entire second floor of a three car garage packed with . . . THE KIDS STUFF! Every toy, and book they ever owned. Packed for the grandkids that are not going to happen. So I guess I might leave them with 560 cartons, but half it IS theirs! LOL

887 replies since 16/3/2023, 05:29   80850 views