The Happy Caravan

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    They need some new content. Grocery shopping, playing music, navigating the streets and subway. Eating.
    Rinse and repeat.
    Pretty much sums up their channel.

2.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Alohr @ 7/5/2023, 03:57) 
    Someone asked in a recent video why they insist on taking public transit when they have a van.
    Amber says a parking garage costs about $75 in NYC.
    I wonder

I live in NYC. I could see that in some parts of the city during peak hours. As an aside, a parking garage recently collapsed here and killed someone, so maybe the streets are safer 🤦🏻‍♀️

The dad must have either some super niche speciality or just suck at graphic design to not be able to get a job in NYC.

Even if their rent is less than $5k, say $4500, with the amount they spend on food, clothes, transportation & utilities, plus music lessons, instruments, etc., I don’t understand how this works financially. And she takes them to kind of fancy places if I remember correctly. It just doesn’t add up.

3.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I don't understand it either. They don't have any sponsorships, right?

4.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    They are under contract by the Dougherty Dozen management team.
    So I'm guessing money is being made, souls are being sold.

5.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group
    Riding around the countryside on my Triumph Thunderbird

Status
    Anonymous
    Probably not a popular opinion, but I like the channel. I haven't watched every single video--just the grocery hauls and the most recent birthday video. If they are as sweet and patient as they seem on video, I admire them. Their children all look healthy and happy and are, from what I can see in videos, well taken care of. Their children wear such nice clothing--Boden and a lot of their toys etc. are quite stylish. I am drawn by living and the lifestyle of people in NYC. I find it fascinating that they live there and are trying to raise 10 kids there.

That said, I do feel like something isn't quite right, but I cannot put my finger on it. Mark seems to be shy or an introvert or maybe a bit eccentric or is it depression. I can't tell. Amber seems to be a bit self-deprecating and also seems to have low self confidence. Perhaps she has been in an abusive relationship? Her personality instantly resonated with me and who I used to be before years of therapy. She is very pretty and wouldn't need to apply so much moisturizer or blush like she does.

I don't understand anything about management companies for YT'ers. I can see if you are up there in the 1/2 millions, but smaller channels? I would definitely learn what managing is all about and do it myself. JM2cents.

6.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    There’s something cult-ish about their behavior. You mentioned clothing, I see them as dressing in a very old fashioned way. The girls in their long dresses, hair that never has been cut, it seems. Not very current or up to date. Definitely not the way I see teens dressing.
    They seem to be good. But the skeptic in me says nothing is as good as it seems.

7.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Agreed! Their kids are obviously intelligent and talented, especially compared to so many other YT families where the kids are “homeschooled” and have little to no education, but something seems off. I vaguely recall watching a video explaining how they landed in NYC, and got the impression that the parents sense of reality is warped.

Do the older kids get to spend any time off on their own with friends, etc? It seems like they spend almost all their time all together, which adds to the cult vibes IMO.

8.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I believe they belong to the IBLP
    or something like that church.
    The Duggars church.
    I saw what I believe we're those or similar initials on a wall in their church.
    Evangelical for sure

They are saleable, that's for sure
    Their subs started growing by 10,000 , now they are almost at 100k. Or there.
    They met with The Dougherty Dozen at some theme mall, it was awkward.
    Curious to see where this will go.

9.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I rather enjoyed the video with the husband cooking. He seems to enjoy cooking and the food looked great. The sound of metal utensils against the pan and measuring cup were a bit rough on my ears, but overall a very calm and educational video.

10.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Why is her face always so shiny?? Lol. I think The dad is the one that does all the cooking. I’m not sure what the mom does other than talk to a camera. The kids seem fine except they act starved when in Costco with the samples. And it truly bothers me when she opens the food and lets the kids eat it before paying for them. I just don’t think it’s a good habit. Why not bring snacks along since she knows already they are going to be hungry. I don’t think they buy nearly enough food for the amount of kids they have. I saw where the kids wanted some yogurt and she said no.

11.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I think she just has oily skin. Most likely her days are occupied by the kids themselves: just day to day stuff I’m thinking
    The dad seems to do most of the cooking. But, neither one has a full time job! Living in NYC with that many kids, paying for food, utilities, transportation,clothes, not to mention rent or music lessons. I can’t figure out how they afford it. How much does busking pay anyway?

12.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Dramallama84 @ 22/5/2023, 04:46) 
    Why is her face always so shiny?? Lol. I think The dad is the one that does all the cooking. I’m not sure what the mom does other than talk to a camera. The kids seem fine except they act starved when in Costco with the samples. And it truly bothers me when she opens the food and lets the kids eat it before paying for them. I just don’t think it’s a good habit. Why not bring snacks along since she knows already they are going to be hungry. I don’t think they buy nearly enough food for the amount of kids they have. I saw where the kids wanted some yogurt and she said no.

It bothers me too that the children are allowed to break into the food and eat in the store. They seem ravenous when shopping. I can imagine all those sticky little hands touching everything.

13.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Another grocery haul. Watch as the shop at Trader Joe’s and when the kids are sitting on bench waiting for checkout I guess the littlest girl is eating seaweed like a wild animal lol. Seaweed! Feed the kids before you leave for goodness sake. And then when they go home to drop off groceries they are making tuna for sandwiches why not feed the kids before going to Costco. Nope. But at least the kids did get a slice of pizza. I really think the kids stay hungry. Especially the younger ones. I could be wrong though. They look clean at least and the dad is very caring for the baby. So that’s a plus

14.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I just saw the kids busking in the subway! I will say they play very well, but they looked way too artificially happy to be playing in a nasty, hot subway station full of people.

15.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Gone Greg Gone @ 19/6/2023, 22:53) 
    I just saw the kids busking in the subway! I will say they play very well, but they looked way too artificially happy to be playing in a nasty, hot subway station full of people.

Oh wow!
    I think it's awful she makes them do that for money.
    She mentioned 3 older ones were busking for money for plane Tix to visit grandma in Cali.
    They give me Shiny, happy, people vibes. Plus some.

765 replies since 15/4/2023, 16:28   101983 views