The STFU System: Sophia's Transforming & Freeing Upkeep system. Finally STFUing about stuff. Because we don't want to hear it anymore.

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Start-the-fire @ 10/24/2023, 02:04 PM) 
    That Buddha looked like Homegoods or TJMaxx item to me, I see ones just like every time I'm there.

Her "discerning eye" was fooled because it didn't have a bar code. No bar code = vintage treasure.

2.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (KittyOfLeisure @ 10/24/2023, 08:59 PM) 
    QUOTE (Start-the-fire @ 10/24/2023, 02:04 PM) 
    That Buddha looked like Homegoods or TJMaxx item to me, I see ones just like every time I'm there.

Her "discerning eye" was fooled because it didn't have a bar code. No bar code = vintage treasure.

LOL...I'm not even sure that you can use the barcode to discern if something is vintage or new anyway considering barcodes have been around for quite awhile and some items may even be barcoded at another point in time than the original sale date. Gotta love a reseller who uses a barcode as a means of identifying the age of something lol.

Anyway, I guess since "she's keeping it", it doesn't matter how old it is.

Again, more musty dusty ugly treasures for her Etsy shop.

3.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Some antiquities experts use carbon dating to assess the age of things. Sophia uses lack of barcodes and is it fussy, fugly, gaudy, or gauche. The Buddha is gaudy. I've seen very elegant looking ones but that electreic turquoise one isn't it.

4.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I don't know why she feels she needs to make up stories for the items she trash picks. "They didn't want to clean this Waterford vase so they threw it out" IDK Sophia maybe they just thought it was ugly.

5.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (heyheyheynow @ 25/10/2023, 01:57) 
    I don't know why she feels she needs to make up stories for the items she trash picks. "They didn't want to clean this Waterford vase so they threw it out" IDK Sophia maybe they just thought it was ugly.

Or that first crystal bowl she’s claiming was her that she is decluttering…when did she even get that and how long has she had it :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

6.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    New trash picking video up...she's really getting lazy with the videos.

I seriously doubt she knows the value of any trash she picks up...most was put out because obviously it had no value...like that crazy clown collection lol. And do people really want old gramophones any more? I mean I guess there's a collector for everything but you would have to find the person willing to pay whatever you are selling it for. I guess that's true for anything lol.

Too bad she didn't find any swans lol...since she's picking up all the swans now.

7.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Her garage looks like a dumpster... again.
    And what's with picking up aaaall the shiny things? Is it because of her poor eyesight?

8.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Her look is so old. First few frames of her trash picking video it hit me anew how elderly she dresses. The glasses (frame style), the purple coat with the soutache braid, the hair style. She looks at least 68 not 53. And it's all things she could instantly change so I'm not ragging on her face or body.

I think to be able to pull off the cat-eye glasses she has, the rest of her look needs to be modern.

9.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    Never underestimate what people like especially vintage. Vintage markets are huge here and packed with people weekly (I go to them). Gramophones have value, they go for a pretty penny secondhand especially if they look nice. I went to a 21st birthday and the lad was given one by other friends with some 78 records. He loves vintage items and it was the perfect present for a rich kid who can buy anything. I do think Sophia picks things she likes so she limits her sales audience. She frequently passes over vintage items that would resell very well. She only has an eye for her specific taste.

10.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Nefarious DisneyPrincess @ 10/25/2023, 09:09 PM) 
    Never underestimate what people like especially vintage. Vintage markets are huge here and packed with people weekly (I go to them). Gramophones have value, they go for a pretty penny secondhand especially if they look nice. I went to a 21st birthday and the lad was given one by other friends with some 78 records. He loves vintage items and it was the perfect present for a rich kid who can buy anything. I do think Sophia picks things she likes so she limits her sales audience. She frequently passes over vintage items that would resell very well. She only has an eye for her specific taste.

Like the old Singer sewing machine she is keeping for herself because Maman said to due to her grandmother having one just like it. Honestly though is there another way to honor your grandmother than with a machine she didn't own in the first place (at least not this one) and maybe something a little more manageable like a nice photograph.

I do love watching Antique Roadshow myself but it's as much about the stories of the items and their past owners as the actual item.

When I was thinking for myself of what items I have that are sentimental to me and that I would be sad if I didn't have them, I couldn't think of a whole lot - I suppose because I try not to be sentimental about things. I am a bit sentimental about a paper bookmark that I had since I was a child - it is marked 1974 so I at least know when it was made. But I do use it because I still love to read. It's not worth a dime but I enjoy having it. And I'm keeping it lol. Obviously I have some other decorative items that I enjoy very much but at my age, I enjoy more not being so sentimental about actual things...after all, you can't take them with you lol.

11.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Seems rude to take the attachments or parts to the sewing machine and leave the rest. But I guess if it's out in the trash it doesn't matter. Kitty, her old lady from the old country getup makes her look like a trash picker so it fits.

12.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    I have a Singer sewing machine with a beautiful Art Nouveau cabinet in my living room. It's my favourite piece of furniture. I do sew but I'm not interested in maintaining and actually using it as a machine. The moulded parts drawer has only a couple of parts left. It doesn't matter.

My family were immigrants so came with very little. A couple of trunks. My family on both sides had houses completely bombed during WWII so there are no family antiques and very few photos. I love antiques but they are other people's. My brother has the exact opposite house. Polished concrete floors, stark lines, minimal monochrome everything. We both hate each other's aesthetic choices.

13.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I can always guess which item she is going to pick up and ooh and aah over. The ugliest things on the table. Noticed how she had to make sure to stress that SHE is the supervisor when she goes to her supervision meetings or however she referred to them.

14.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (NefariousStepmomTensleigh @ 10/26/2023, 05:13 PM) 
    I can always guess which item she is going to pick up and ooh and aah over. The ugliest things on the table. Noticed how she had to make sure to stress that SHE is the supervisor when she goes to her supervision meetings or however she referred to them.

I actually kind of doubt that she's the supervisor. A few months ago I looked at the public system that shows the employees where she's employed. Her pay is almost rock bottom of the category. I believe a lot has to do with seniority but I can't picture her being put in charge because 1) I think her thoughts and energies are almost all on her side hustles not her 9-to-5 and 2) she's so bossy and full of herself I don't think she'd be well-liked enough to be made a supervisor in this workplace. I think in the past she likely was more into her job and less conceited so it would have been a lot more plausible.

15.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Maybe she meant to say she is the supervisor of her Etsy shop :XD:

I doubt she’s a supervisor either. She may be the lead at that particular meeting but not supervisor over other employees.

1706 replies since 13/5/2023, 10:17   72350 views