1. MissReview
        +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (zizizouzou @ 4/6/2023, 10:02) 
    I respectfully disagree mywalkingpharmacy

I think Jen saw her opportunity to bag a rich, gullible man and she took it. She was not some innocent victim, she made a conscious choice to secure her financial future so she never had to work.

They both had traditional ideas of marriage and Jen behaved how she thought a wife should behave, except she didn’t want to do any work, she just wanted to spend Don’s money. She was very happy during her MHWL time, IMO. She was not forced to wear the girlie dresses and the make up. She happily spent Don’s money on these things.

Watching videos from that time, it’s clear she loved her life. Not a care in the world, all the time to focus on Jen. This is why she resents her kids. In her mind, they took all of this away. She never wanted kids but she was too afraid to say it because again, she has very traditional ideas, plus she had to secure more money for herself. All this is on her, not on Don or the Rosses. They are very traditional but Jen was not some victim in a dungeon forced to have kids. She chose not to be honest with Don and went ahead and had kids she didn’t want and now treats them horribly.

Judging by how easy her divorce was, when the Rosses had the means to make it very difficult, I don’t think they would have left her without financial support if they had divorced and they didn’t have kids. Jen just wanted more money and the kids definitely secured that.

Don and Jen would still be together if they didn’t have kids, IMO. Don saw Jen for the selfish, self absorbed useless person she is, once she became a mother and refused to put her kids above her selfish needs, and then he was done.

The only thing I would change to your theory, is that I think Jen wanted kids - but she was the youngest in her family and has no friends, so she didn't know wjat having kids was like and definitely wasn't prepared for how reletless and selfless it is to care and raise for a child. But she had cc, walked througj fire and had the heir. Than, she cracked.

889 replies since 2/6/2023, 22:24   98382 views