50 shades of Lemon’s Unhinged spending, The road trip never ending, and the HOA approval for the pool is still pending Pt. 54

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I really don't understand their thought process here. Do they think that Bryce can make it through life as an adult, avoiding reading and writing? Are they planning on him following in Uncle Lemon's footsteps? I mean, you can avoid writing I guess in our digital age, but reading?!

2.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Little Red Pinchers @ 8/17/2023, 01:52 PM) 
    Is it possible for Bryce to have undiagnosed dyslexia?

I've never met a child who hated reading and writing so much that their parents had to homeschool them and create a curriculum that doesn't have reading or writing involved. Vee having to write Bryce a To Do list and having to check it off herself I'd concerning. It makes you wonder what is his reading and writing levels are. If he doesn't like to read books or read in general, how is he going to be successfully homeschooled if he has to read all the text on the computer? Maybe he skims through all of his online work since he hates reading so much. I really hope that Vee is actually sitting down at the kitchen table working with Bryce on his education unlike Paige who had to educate herself locked in her room while Vanessa rests in her bed under blankets and watch Netflix.

I'm genuinely concerned and worried for the kids future and education. Would the kids go to college in the future or Efficiently the boss Timothy Mark Elphick and his wife wouldn't care. I feel bad for Pearl and Rose who are suffering for their parents' laziness in giving in for their 12 year old son's hatred of school especially reading and writing- which are everyday skills. I hope Vee or Big Timmy is working on Bryce's writing skills so he doesn't regress and having the writing of a 4 year old when he gets older.

This may sound harsh but Vanessa is a terrible example for a homeschooling parent. There are actual hard working homeschool families out there and on YouTube that value their children's education and future. They have curriculums that they are open to talk to in order to help other homeschool families. Vee has no curriculum that she uses. That's why she never talks about it or dedicate a video about it. There are real homeschool families out there that are doing a wonderful job educating their children. I know some homeschool families who's kids are actually a few grades ahead. Rose needs to be in school for her own personal growth as a child- special needs or not. It's OK if she gets held back. It's not the end of the world. She's not the first child and certainly not the last if she gets held back. It's been critically known that it's better for a child to get held back in elementary school rather than in middle school or high school. I work with children who've been held back when they were Rose's age and they are striving.

Vee needs to be clear on how she is educating her children or else someone is going to catch wind of it and report her to child protective services. Bryce is going to brag to his friends how he doesn't have to read or write and they'll either tell their parents or someone at school. Other youtuber homeschooling moms post a general video on YouTube about their homeschool curriculum and what books they use or what subjects their learning or if they go to a homeschool group to protect their backs.

There are many different types of dyslexia. My niece was diagnosed at age 6 and is now a freshman at an out of state college with a generous scholarship. She was educated at private schools that specialize in her special learning needs. My other niece (her sister) was not diagnosed with dyslexia until she was 12/13. She learns differently also and attends a private school. Once considered poor students, both girls are now flourishing with the correct learning environments.

I have a friend whose daughter has not spent more than three months in an actual classroom in over 10 years. Last year she participated in a private online school. She never submitted her assignments on time and spend the last week of school doing a semester's worth of work. These "online private schools" really do not care - as long as you hand in the work by the end of the school year.

Lemon and cankles are really doing a disservice to their children with their education. There is so much more to school than just reading, math, science and history. Building a lego or doing a craft from Target does not count!

3.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I have a son who is anti reading and writing. He refuses to join Facebook just because the word book.
    :snickering:

4.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Do you all have a title for the next thread?

5.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (dirtydarrylssidepiece @ 16/8/2023, 15:11) 
    QUOTE (Svea Skog @ 8/16/2023, 08:32 AM) 
    It has to be in the next thread title!

I was thinking the same thing.

50 Shades of RHODT Rebrand pt 55: Life Buy Vanessa New Name Still No Shame, Fiddy Gave Up On Fame & Is In The Pizzeria Making It Rain, Next.Level.Nicole Is All About Tha Gains

This one by dirty Darrel’s side piece ❤️

6.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BetteDE @ 16/8/2023, 00:41) 
    No she’s probably just eating all the soft foods. This will just help her be more picky. Mom eating a veggie hurts my teeth I can’t.

There's no better time than this to start eating vegetables. Steam up some carrots, broccoli, etc as well as cooking some chicken or turkey (minced is best) then blend it all and add salt and spices. Or if you're lazy like lemon, buy jarred baby food.

7.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Calla-lily @ 17/8/2023, 18:55) 
    QUOTE (IfYouWill @ 8/17/2023, 10:46 AM) 
    I think it's a good idea for the kids to make their own lunch. They are in 5th and 7th grade and need to learn some independence. They need to get away from their mother treating them like babies. Last year she wouldn't even let them open a pudding cup.

I agree, but they should be learning to make healthier more balanced meals. Mac and cheese, corndogs and bagel pizza bites aren't it, even if you do allegedly add a vegetable and fruit.

Right, she could honestly make this a part of school...get in the kitchen with them and teach them how to make a few things, then slowly let them take over and do it on their own. Grabbing a lunchable, baby carrots, and a Gatorade from the fridge is not showing independence.

8.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Does Vanessa understand that reheating frozen food is just that….reheating. It’s not cooking. Someone else already did that for you.

And the same goes for cake, brownie, cookie and muffin mixes. Those are already prepared and measured out for you. Adding an egg and some oil is not cooking.

Get your kids OFF of their video games, cell phones, tablets, laptops, switches and have them READ a cookbook. Pick out a healthy dinner …And then have them come to the grocery story with you. NOT instacart it or Walmart grocery delivery !!! Have them learn where to buy the ingredients and then how much things cost and then come home and help them actually prepare that recipe. That’s home economics class right there. They should be doing something like this a couple times per week so your full time working husband doesn’t come home to door dash or another crock pot slop or frozen pizza because you and your three able bodied teens are too busy playing video games to cook!

Come on Vanessa! Seriously. What type of example are you setting for your kids if they see you sitting playing video games at 1pm!!! No wonder Bryce hates reading and writing. Summer is over and it’s not the weekend. Having them heat up frozen food because you don’t want dirty dishes??? How sad

9.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    New thread: https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?t=62856553

923 replies since 19/6/2023, 21:43   73480 views