Let'sChat|Idon'tHaveAnyFriendsLikeJen Pt. 420

« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 9/16/2023, 03:20 PM) 
    I hope she has to cancel her “run” Disney shit this fall/winter. That would bring me immense joy.

Schadenfreude, bitch! :rubbing-hands-in-excitement-smi

I'm so sick of her fucking office videos. No way I'm paying money for that crap.

2.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    I hope she has to cancel her “run” Disney shit this fall/winter. That would bring me immense joy.

She will attempt to power walk it. I'm not sure how much walking irritates her problem, but she has done two 30 minute walks this week (the first one was a power walk but I didn't check her metrics), two days apart. Before that, she did two 15 minute beginner runs on 9/2, labor day weekend. She hasn't said how long the PT told her to rest for. But Jen is shot in the ass with luck I'm sure her problem will magically disappear before her next Disney event and she will be back to wogging.

3.     +17   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I always thought Don saw how effing nuts she was with the kids and realized she would neglect their health to spite other people bc she knows best. He figured he could get them the medical help they need when he has them. Jens behavior towards Don always bordered on abuse. Towards the end, he was terrified to piss her off and it showed in every video. He was never going to do anything but lightly suggest anything.

And Jill is annoying no doubt but she calls baby Jen out on her shit and I love her for that. Anything off camera is Jens perception which is almost always a lie.

4.     +7   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (WhyAmIHere @ 16/9/2023, 16:01) 

She will attempt to power walk it. I'm not sure how much walking irritates her problem, but she has done two 30 minute walks this week (the first one was a power walk but I didn't check her metrics), two days apart. Before that, she did two 15 minute beginner runs on 9/2, labor day weekend. She hasn't said how long the PT told her to rest for. But Jen is shot in the ass with luck I'm sure her problem will magically disappear before her next Disney event and she will be back to wogging.

i'm pretty sure she's mentioned that they have pace trackers walking behind each group, and as long as you stay at 16 minute pace, you can still complete the race. jen will be fine unless one of her bunions bursts out of her shoe.

5.     +14   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Yeah of course, she’ll be fine. She’s a tank.

6.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    waiting for more pretties to be cast off in rage

Status
    QUOTE (Curveball @ 16/9/2023, 06:59) 
    Mods, please delete if not okay to post this on Jenny’s thread.

I’ve mentioned before that Christy Tomlinson of the old Planner Society has a very public IG and tends to post about every single minute of her life. She read Glennon (just like JBunion) and now her husband sleeps in the basement and she is choosing “me” with everything she does. All appearances make you think she has a doting husband that does everything for her. All of the cooking, builds her whatever she wants (construction guy), buys her gifts all of the time, does the things only she wants to do (actually sits and makes jewelry with her. I see her headed for a divorce she has been thinking about for years only for someone else to nab up her husband and she will be completely lost. The similarities in their paths are uncanny.

(IMG:https://upload.forumfree.net/i/fc12333745/IMG_6064.jpeg)

(IMG:https://upload.forumfree.net/i/fc12333745/IMG_6065.jpeg)

Never heard of her but this strikes me as a bizarre mother-daughter dynamic. She received the book from her daughter and bonded over it with her daughter? Is she another Glennonized influencer with no real friends? I’m pretty sure we don’t have to worry about CC having this seemingly co-dependent dynamic with her mother.

7.     +37   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SeasonalWinnieBows @ 9/16/2023, 07:44 AM) 
    QUOTE (Gene Is Sis Concert @ 9/16/2023, 02:42 AM) 
    Where is our baker that makes the Home Alone Kevin looking at the picture frame gif because WOOF!

Every time I see a picture of her dry skin, wrinkles, liver spots, under eye bags, crusty lips, balding head, neck hump, saddle bags, bunions, etc, I instantly get scared and start doing everything within my power not to look like that!

How many of us make sure to get regular haircuts, skincare that works (aka not what Jin uses) and have cleaned our closets of anything that even resembles a flyaway cardigan.

I did mention earlier that I’m rethinking my living situation since my husband wants to paint our house in a color that looks like Jinny’s house. :b_wink:

Thinking of my cager—

After 4 decades of marriage, some days every little thing he does gets on my nerves. And for that very reason, I won’t read Glennon Doyle or any other person advocating for a life of complete self-absorption. It would be too easy to fall into thinking the grass is greener elsewhere. I’ve been elsewhere…it isn’t.

And that’s yet another way Jen has been my inspiration—I have a man who loves me and is a good husband, so I’ll stay with him no matter how drab he paints our walls.

8.     +16   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Curveball @ 9/15/2023, 11:59 PM) 

I’ve mentioned before that Christy Tomlinson of the old Planner Society has a very public IG and tends to post about every single minute of her life. She read Glennon (just like JBunion) and now her husband sleeps in the basement and she is choosing “me” with everything she does. All appearances make you think she has a doting husband that does everything for her. All of the cooking, builds her whatever she wants (construction guy), buys her gifts all of the time, does the things only she wants to do (actually sits and makes jewelry with her. I see her headed for a divorce she has been thinking about for years only for someone else to nab up her husband and she will be completely lost. The similarities in their paths are uncanny.

IMG_6064

IMG_6065

Wow....word for word Jen has said those same things!

9.     +25   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Identifying as Single Mom @ 9/16/2023, 07:23 AM) 
    QUOTE (grilledcheesesandwiches @ 16/9/2023, 12:22) 
    Short of having her scheduled, Don couldn’t force treatment. I’d be shocked if he didn’t do all he could to support her but we’ve all seen for a very long time Jinny does what Jinny wants (and equally, doesn’t do what she doesn’t want). I also believe that regardless of their financial status it is flawed to suggest Don shouldn’t have gone back to work just because Jen didn’t want to focus on anyone other than herself for the first time ever

Sorry, have to disagree. There’s too many Rosses involved in each other’s lives.

I’m no fan of either Don or Jen, but if we as casual viewers could see trouble brewing during her first pregnancy, Don should have seen it as well. Like Jen or not, it was wrong of him to go back to working outside the house when they started having kids. He could’ve scheduled in a nanny. You think there aren’t therapists in Chicago that won’t show up for a house call when paid enough money? The Rosses could have staged an intervention.

When someone else was driving the CC to school because Jen couldn’t handle it. When it was clear that she wouldn’t go anywhere with the kids alone, she couldn’t even handle grocery shopping with her own children.

I remember I had to step away from her channel for awhile because I was legitimately concerned and it felt really weird to be watching someone who clearly needed psychological and psychiatric treatment WAY more than she needed during the divorce. And that’s just as a casual viewer.

What was happening in real life had to be way worse, and to say that it’s not at least in part on “The village” around any woman to look out for PPD in her is just not right, to me. Jill is terrible, but Suzanne and Emily and Aunt Julie could have been asked by Don to invite Jen to a Melissa lunch and talk about getting her into treatment, getting her some help. If they can get together for their stupid “parties” every five seconds, they could get together for this.

I think Jen is awful, don’t get me wrong, but I do think on some level Don and that family let her down in that period when she really needed them. Maybe she was too proud or too stubborn to ask. But that doesn’t mean they couldn’t do anything. Maybe they did try, we’ll never know because I’m sure she’ll never admit to having PPD. Anything that humanizes her, she avoids.

We have no idea whether they did that or not. Jen was NOT going to do what she didn't want to do. Heck, she refused to go to Mother's Day dinner when CC was a baby. Her FIRST Mother's Day and she didn't want to go. She sent them and stayed home, coming up with some weird excuse. I actually think that they probably did try to intervene, but couldn't get her to do anything about it. I also don't think that she would have allowed a nanny in the house.

10.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 16/9/2023, 17:43) 
    QUOTE (Curveball @ 9/15/2023, 11:59 PM) 

(IMG:https://upload.forumfree.net/i/fc12333745/IMG_6064.jpeg)

(IMG:https://upload.forumfree.net/i/fc12333745/IMG_6065.jpeg)

Wow....word for word Jen has said those same things!

I do wonder about this journey with Glennon. But Christy does have probably actual trauma from being from the LDS church. Her daughter came out a year or two ago and I have a feeling the religious conflicts started there. I don’t see much of Jen in Christy since Christy actually works too….

11.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Did she not give Donny prescribed medications?

12.     +9   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 16/9/2023, 18:04) 
    Did she not give Donny prescribed medications?

Yup she made the devious herself to ween him off the reflux meds

13.     +14   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    It does seem like Jin had PPD, but I would also add she probably had pretty significant Post Partum Anxiety. If she was refusing to drive CC and take kids out alone, that sounds a lot like it could be PPA. I’m assuming she refused a nanny, but with all the money they have, that’s a shame because that could have helped her out so much. It also probably benefited the kids starting school so early.

Regarding Don, I do think he is very invested in his kids, and that’s great. One thought though, if he started going back to an office after kids were born, could that have possibly been avoidance? Avoiding Jin or avoiding the constant round the clock care that goes into a baby, often hard work like dealing with diapers, naps, tantrums, etc. Was it too hard for him to be in the house 24/7 with little kids?

14.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Jen’s foot issues are worsening and she is too dumb/stubborn to address it. This will lead to hip and other issues over time, as many have said here. She will have so many problems due to her denial/unwillingness to get bunion surgery now.

She makes one bad decision after another. Im convinced Jen should rely on a Magic 8 Ball and the odds are she would make better choices.

For example:

Is Don ever coming back?
    Will my ass ever be smaller?
    Will I ever make a friend?
    Attached Image
    IMG_6072

15.     +6   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Oh yeah she tried to fix her diet instead like not eating beans or something. :snickering: I hope Don confronted her over it. I'd rake her over the coals.

898 replies since 11/9/2023, 19:05   119573 views