HowToDoNothingLikeSmuglyJenRoss Pt. 422

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a salt bed in Italy ducking flying muffins.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 28/9/2023, 04:32) 
    Someone who has worked minimum wage jobs knows the precarious nature of that situation and shouldn't complain over something so minor.

I’d argue the opposite. Knowing how precarious the job is taught me to not insult customers by calling them weird. Even if they are.

2.     +14   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 28/9/2023, 05:28) 
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 28/9/2023, 04:32) 
    Someone who has worked minimum wage jobs knows the precarious nature of that situation and shouldn't complain over something so minor.

I’d argue the opposite. Knowing how precarious the job is taught me to not insult customers by calling them weird. Even if they are.

Your Jenion is showing.

3.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Being a beef eating bitch with the Italians and hiding from the FBI. Formally known as Lenore

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 9/28/2023, 05:32 AM) 
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 28/9/2023, 05:28) 

Your Jenion is showing.

Thank you! He just asked if she was okay when she is showing all the signs of a deep depression.

4.     +8   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Hello, hello!

I can’t stop worrying about the ice skater who fell. Jen let us know she’s okay, but still…

5.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    When I went to Banff there were a lot of young French people from France working there as like a seasonal summer experience program for fun where housing is provided. It kind of made me want to do it lol

6.     +34   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Shouldn’t Jen be accustomed to dealing with “foreigners” after all the time she’s spent at Epcot? :b_wink:

7.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a salt bed in Italy ducking flying muffins.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (PhotoshoppedlikeJenny @ 28/9/2023, 05:58) 
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 9/28/2023, 05:32 AM) 
    Your Jenion is showing.

Thank you! He just asked if she was okay when she is showing all the signs of a deep depression.

What? When did “that’s weird” turn into a sign of support? And someone is showing clear signs of depression by saying “I’m from the Chicago area?”

Totally happy not to Jen-behavior-fend (I wouldn’t even call it Jen-fending), if it’s annoying on a snark board, but I’m lost here.

8.     +27   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    L O N G C H A M P

9.     +23   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Not trying to Jen fend. I wonder if the person was trying to say 'are you going through or something?' Like just going thru the town on her way to some other place, and when she said no he said that's weird. And of course Jen took it as judgemental and as if her mental state is okay because her mental state isn't okay.

Planning a trip to Idaho from Chicago a couple days ago is weird. It's not a planned vacation or trip. It reads as single woman running away from something.

10.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (GrownUpStickerBook @ 9/28/2023, 03:23 AM) 
    Maybe it’s just me, but I hate when she shows menus. It’s not like she’s a food critic or is sharing any insight into the selections —she just wants to be sure we all see just how much money she can blow on a single meal without a second thought.

I'll admit it. I love looking at the menus! I also google whatever hotel and check out the room prices. Is there an ice machine down the hall? Then again, I was captivated by that Toddy Gear microfiber cloth that folded into itself. :running_around_smiley_emoticon: :running_around_smiley_emoticon:

11.     +34   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    Yeah, I think that Jenny made a mountain out of a mole hill, because she didn't really understand the context of the conversation. She has so few TWO SIDED conversations face to face with people, she is really out of practice. She is used to speaking to her phone/camera, and assuming everyone agrees with her. I also think they were asking if she was passing through....since she had just recently planned the trip and was alone. It's a logical conclusion. He could have been asking questions, because he was concerned about her. She is ashy/gray complexion and looks unkept, like she had been sleeping in her car (she had!).

I mean, wouldn't you be concerned if a person looked like this:
    MIMG_2351

To me, she is a walking billboard asking for help

12.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Being a beef eating bitch with the Italians and hiding from the FBI. Formally known as Lenore

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 9/28/2023, 06:25 AM) 
    QUOTE (PhotoshoppedlikeJenny @ 28/9/2023, 05:58) 

What? When did “that’s weird” turn into a sign of support? And someone is showing clear signs of depression by saying “I’m from the Chicago area?”

Totally happy not to Jen-behavior-fend (I wouldn’t even call it Jen-fending), if it’s annoying on a snark board, but I’m lost here.

I am not trying to fight you but he was coming from someone like me actually concerned about her and asked if she was okay which should be a given with her unwashed hair.

13.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Seabass, if he did say “that’s weird,” and as I said in an earlier post I don’t necessarily believe he said it, I’ll agree it was rude. BUT,

1. Sometimes we speak without thinking. Like when we’re shocked. Or some people just have no filter. We all have cringe moments where we can’t believe the words that came out of our own mouths.
    2. As Jen likes to say, we should all give ourselves / others grace. Maybe she could have let it slide and forgotten about it instead of obsessing and whining to her audience “friends.”
    3. We don’t know much about the employee, aside from his being “foreign.” I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a high school/college student at a summer job/internship, or if there was some other circumstance that might have been at play. For someone always preaching about how you never know what someone else is going through, maybe she should stop being so judgmental.

14.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I’m getting yellow doll room “this is creepy” vibes.

Just like the person who did that didn’t mean for it to be a whole big fire for Jen to go through, the Sun Valley staff probably didn’t either.

15.     +50   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    1.) Jen doesn't perceive interpersonal interactions accurately due to her mental illness.

2.) Jen has a terrible memory. Her recollections should always be suspect for this reason alone.

3.) Jen lies frequently and with ease. She will always paint herself in the best light possible.

876 replies since 26/9/2023, 16:24   115145 views