TipToeingToTheFinishLineBecauseMyFeetAreFineLikeJen Pt. 428

« Older   Newer »

1.     +14   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Igotmaditurnedhouseintoaplayroom @ 7/11/2023, 16:27) 
    QUOTE (ShiseidoCottonPad @ 11/7/2023, 05:24 AM)
    I find it interesting that Jen focuses on accepting her stomach when that is hardly her problem area.

She focuses on it due to the C Section. Its reminds her of motherhood and that eventually has to come home once in a while for the hand off.

I think she also talks about her stomach (in addition to the negative C section associations) because she really wishes her worst problem was her stomach. Like she wants to be this fit, thin person who just can’t shake the mom tummy. The reality is obviously very different - it is her lower body that throws off her shape. She thinks that she can dissemble and just talk like what she perceives is a normal 40-year-old mom issue (instead of what she deep inside really dislikes about her body).

Just my guess, obviously, and I also want to say that there is nothing wrong with her body (except the bunions obviously). She could go see a personal shopper at Nordstrom and walk out with some clothes that fit and flattered her and she would look much more well proportioned. I’m still hung up on all this talk of her embracing her softness and curves when she presents as very straight and muscular. She wishes her “problem” was too much softness, ie femininity, and she wants her viewers to see her that way.

2.     +23   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I don’t think there’s any deep seated logic to Jen’s rude ass response to the compliment comment. Thin and caged Jen would have loved that comment and would have been quite smug about it. Uncaged Jen is just mad because Don’s clothes are smaller than hers now.

I understand why it’s not always good to comment on someone’s weight, but who doesn’t love hearing a compliment about looking thinner? She is wack.

3.     +27   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen's sickness about her body has always lived inside her head. "If it's not flat, I'm fat" is a disturbingly sick thing to think about.

4.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Strollergate @ 11/7/2023, 04:51 PM)
    QUOTE (Igotmaditurnedhouseintoaplayroom @ 7/11/2023, 16:27) 
    She focuses on it due to the C Section. Its reminds her of motherhood and that eventually has to come home once in a while for the hand off.

I think she also talks about her stomach (in addition to the negative C section associations) because she really wishes her worst problem was her stomach. Like she wants to be this fit, thin person who just can’t shake the mom tummy. The reality is obviously very different - it is her lower body that throws off her shape. She thinks that she can dissemble and just talk like what she perceives is a normal 40-year-old mom issue (instead of what she deep inside really dislikes about her body).

Just my guess, obviously, and I also want to say that there is nothing wrong with her body (except the bunions obviously). She could go see a personal shopper at Nordstrom and walk out with some clothes that fit and flattered her and she would look much more well proportioned. I’m still hung up on all this talk of her embracing her softness and curves when she presents as very straight and muscular. She wishes her “problem” was too much softness, ie femininity, and she wants her viewers to see her that way.

She may say she accepts her body but her choice of clothes say otherwise. You can tell in her old videos where she bought cute stuff but too small. Now its "let me wear T shirts and leggings or sweats". I know big girls who love being dressed up and look great. I think she has this thing of rebelling, Like "If I looked good then why wasn't I enough that d went somewhere else". It was her underhanded childish behavior and those self help books that did her in. The kid voice and the dumb about everything can get annoying.
    I would want people to say you look good, you are knowledgeable and your are a kind and caring human being, not Jen that is being in a cage.

5.     +22   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Strollergate @ 11/7/2023, 04:27 PM) 
    It reminded me of an incident years ago when I went to a party with my boyfriend- he had brought a six pack of what was apparently an offensive beer (the company having taken some problematic political stand that he hadn’t heard about). We were greeted at the door by the host who took the opportunity to enlighten us and shame us about our beer choice and then “kindly” asked us to leave the beer outside. The point is that when a kindness is intended I think it is not the time to lecture.

Oof. How awkward. I would have left popping one open on the way out.

6.     +34   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    Lol! Which one of you lurkers went in there?

SPOILER (click to view)
    Screenshot%201883

7.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Strollergate @ 7/11/2023, 16:27) 
    I get that it is not considered ok to comment on other people’s bodies (this was even part of the health/mental health class at my kids’ school). What is problematic to me about her response is that it was disproportionate to the actual comment (it was meant to be nice, didn’t talk about specific body parts, wasn’t obviously lewd, etc). And I think she could have said thank you and let it go - maybe addressing the general idea in one of her chats. That would have been polite and gracious, and would have shown some gratitude that her viewers are taking to comment. But other people are nothing to Jen - she doesn’t get that someone was taking time from their busy life to try to connect with her in a way that they thought she would appreciate. Instead she opted to shame them.

I realize that the comment may not have been sincere - but a simple thank you would have still been an appropriate response.

It reminded me of an incident years ago when I went to a party with my boyfriend- he had brought a six pack of what was apparently an offensive beer (the company having taken some problematic political stand that he hadn’t heard about). We were greeted at the door by the host who took the opportunity to enlighten us and shame us about our beer choice and then “kindly” asked us to leave the beer outside. The point is that when a kindness is intended I think it is not the time to lecture.

I completely agree with this. It wasn’t the place to educate and lecture. A simple thank you or heart emoji would have been efficient.

8.     +52   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Or, she could have ignored that comment like she does almost every other one. She wanted to lash out.

9.     +27   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    JenIsFatButDontRemindHerofThatLikeThe
    WWC

10.     +16   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She is definitely overcompensating in that comment section. I have never seen her reply to each comment like that. She must be monitoring hard and trying to show she's not a bitch.

11.     +21   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (PowderRoomCandy @ 7/11/2023, 17:24) 
    Or, she could have ignored that comment like she does almost every other one. She wanted to lash out.

Considering how much time she spends doing and saying whatever she wants because nobody can cage her or tell her what to do, and posting shit quotes to that effect, she sure is judgemental of others.

12.     +48   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    When you perceive all the time that people are judging you, you probably spend a lot of time judging others.

13.     +30   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen will forever demonstrate why she is a friendless loner who has to go through life doing everything solo. Just accept the compliment in the spirit that it was given, fatty.

I actually think Jen was being trolled but she still revealed herself to be the bitch that she is :P

14.     +32   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I get how people should refrain from commenting on people’s bodies when it comes to weight - and how, for some, even hearing something like “You look great & like you’ve lost weight” can be triggering.

However, if Jen truly wanted to be relatable & connect w/ her followers, she could have phrased what she said in a much better way & came across much more genuine & friendly.

Something like -

“Thank you! You’re so kind, & I appreciate the encouraging words. Honestly, though, I try really hard to not focus on my weight & hope it’s not the first thing anyone notices about me… after years of body image issues, even hearing something like “have you lost weight?” can me feel anxious… isn’t it crazy the weird way we can internalize words? [laughing emoticon] But, seriously, though, I do feel really good right now & I love that you can recognize that in me. That means a lot!”

And, instead of being a snippy “do better” lecture, it gets the point across in a gentle way, non-confrontational way & also explains why in a relatable way & puts the issue w/ Jen instead of w/ the commenter who, at face-value, didn’t mean anything harmful & was just trying to be nice.

Jen likes to SAY she’s real & genuine when, in actuality, she never is & is, instead, passive-aggressive & condescending. And, in order to make friends & keep friends, you need to able to be real w/ others.

15.     +61   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen is happiest when she is lecturing and/or scolding.

889 replies since 5/11/2023, 04:44   79237 views