Ozark Family Griftstead: the Westbrook’s are crooks, big mama doesn’t cook, pugnut has that crazy look Pt. 2

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    My granddaughter works at a bank in town. She texted this morning that the eclipse people are already showing up. I knew there were no hotels or even land to rent out left in SE MO, but why are they already arriving?? There is literally nothing to do here!
    I’m sure the Ozark family have gotten some of their ideas from the news. I’m going by what I read on here.
    Our closest local station is in Cape. There’s one in Jonesboro, but we’re only allowed one!
    Anyway, we’ve been hearing for months about the onslaught of out of towners that will be coming. The Bluff said they are expecting up to 140,000. And they are predicting that we won’t be able to go to the grocery store, get gas or groceries.
    Everyone around here is over it. Except the few businesses we have!
    Now, since a week ago, the weather is being predicted for the 8th. Now, the weather man said last night that we will be above average temperatures for the next few days. Said, but when are we ever average?
    Well, as of the last few April 8th weather updates, it’s going to rain.
    I can check my phone weather 4 times a day, and it will be different every time. So, they are guessing about that day.
    Told my husband that maybe we could rent out a couple of fields! He doesn’t want anyone around! I was just teasing, but we have the same thinking as most people around here. Stay away.

2.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    We were in the path a few years ago for total eclipse. We’re in a very rural area as well. Traffic was bumper to bumper, we just planned not to go anywhere. I cook at home so no problems there. The outsiders left as quickly as they came so it ended up be just a minor nuisance when all was said and done. Hope that ends up being the case for you. Oh yeah, the news made it said like it was going to be catastrophic, but it wasn’t. They just like to stir things up.

3.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    For sure!
    It’s a little over 4 minutes. So, show up days before cause this is such a vacation destination!
    We do have the river, but it’s too cold to do much but fish right now.
    We’ve had them in the past. But there wasn’t social media then.
    This is so hyped up. And it probably will rain!

4.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Thank God JanASS has bananas and Brussel sprouts!

5.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Yep
    Hope she gets bread and milk!

We could stay away from the store for a few months if necessary.

6.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group
    Burning My Neck with Bacon Grease at Waffhoe House

Status
    Anonymous
    I would say you just have a few people showing up early for the eclipse. Maybe people with family around the area so they are there for Easter and staying for the eclipse would be my guess. We were in the path of totality a few years ago. Also a rural area. It wasn’t that big of a deal. Traffic issues and such but that was to be expected. Like the other poster said they leave as fast as they come and it’s not that big of a deal like the news seems to be making it out to be.

I think I would be tempted to rent the fields out for parking. Charge people like $30 to park for the event. I’d even get packaged snacks and drinks from the store and sell them 😂😂

Hopefully it’s a nice day for you and you can just make some yummy food and hang out outside with your family. That is what we did a few years ago and it was a blast! Pretty much the whole neighborhood was hanging out and bbq-ing.

7.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Poplar Bluff is really hyped up about it. And I do hope it goes well for them. We really don’t go anywhere anyway, so no bother to us. Unless someone gets lost!
    But our little town (1 stop light & people still don’t turn right on red!!) won’t know what to do. Be lucky if someone doesn’t get shot.

Actually, there should have been a notice sent out about the county!
    White, conservative, Bible thumping, confederate flag waving gun toters!!

8.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    New thread: https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?t=63010485

1177 replies since 17/11/2023, 17:29   92796 views