WhyTheThanksgivingWrath?YouDoTheMathLikeJen Pt. 431

« Older   Newer »

1.     +50   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Did anyone else think that's got to be the infamous RM1 craptice closet microwave?

Screenshot_20231124_134459_Chrome

What a junkyard her basement is.... just like I predicted it would become :lol: :lol:

2.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    that sure looks like a microwave!

I think I need to watch this because we finally get to see the junkyard that is the basement.

3.     +62   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Jennifer Boyles, you do not have a job and you are very much dependent on your ex husband. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

4.     +51   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Such a martyr. She can’t use Don as her punching bag any more so now it’s Jill’s turn.

5.     +14   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    As a Mayflower descendent, FU Gene

6.     +50   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    In a van, across the street from the heart home.

Status
    She should've had that conversation with a therapist. It's not okay to share like this with strangers.
    And Gene's horrible person. She was more excited about the dog than her niece staying.
    Don didn't take only his iPad when he left, he took her will to live. It reminds me of my mother, she hated my dad my whole life but the minute he left, her life was over.

7.     +34   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    Here's the transcript of her little Thanksgiving meltdown:
    SPOILER (click to view)
    52:24
    surprise for the kids so I'm not going to um put any of that out just yet but I since it's pretty I thought I'd sit here
    52:30
    and talk to you for a second I'm going to um hide that but it's just it's so cool that that came today so I'm glad I
    52:36
    could show it to you by the way the chocolate is also like fan freaking tastic so it's not like just for show
    52:42
    it's actually really delicious too so I've been thinking a lot about
    52:49
    what to share what's appropriate to share honestly I mean I've alluded to this several times now I've just just
    52:55
    not been feeling Thanksgiving at all this year to be honest I haven't been feeling it um since uh 2015 was the last
    53:05
    one that I hosted in the old way and that's when I
    53:12
    stopped really enjoying hosting Thanksgiving and
    53:18
    the holiday in general um I was 8 and a half months pregnant with my daughter
    53:25
    and I still threw the whole thing basically singlehandedly of course some
    53:30
    there was some help here and there but that's my that was my insistence like I just always wanted my family to be
    53:37
    catered to and for them to enjoy and to have everything taken care of and I
    53:43
    wanted to give that to them I did it for 10 years and it was my joy to do it
    53:48
    and then I thought well I'm going to have a baby and things will be different
    53:53
    and somebody else will take the rains while I'm in this like with a couple of for you know my couple of babies and
    54:01
    nobody wanted to pick up those R and became very clear that that
    54:07
    was still supposed to be my place in the family was to do that um
    54:15
    and I didn't because I mean I think I even did a little bit I don't honestly you guys I
    54:21
    kind of blocked it all out and then I got divorced you know and and family Dynamics have changed and it's just it's
    54:31
    it's really complicated family stuff is so hard to navigate on a normal day but around
    54:38
    holidays it just feels extra tender um not only do I feel like I have
    54:44
    to handle everything and that's expected of me because I again made those I like
    54:50
    paved that path for myself I will say that as I grow older I see see more and more clearly how that isn't something I
    54:58
    was born with this innate I must handle everything myself and never have any
    55:05
    needs of my own that was definitely imprinted on me as a child culturally
    55:11
    and otherwise um it just was and I think it was for
    55:16
    many many women um of my generation even still probably this generation but
    55:22
    definitely Generations previous to that as well um so there's like a
    55:27
    larger conversation there I'm not going to get into today
    55:33
    about you know some of my favorite soapbox topics and we and I just won't do that cuz honestly I just don't have
    55:39
    the energy for it but I see now as I'm in my 40s I'm seeing more and more how
    55:46
    much of that is dictated way out of the control of any of the people actually
    55:51
    who were my formative life people so you know like um
    55:58
    anyway I think I think the main aside and also on the other end of things is
    56:06
    just like the holiday itself lost all its luster for me when in after my
    56:13
    school years cuz when I was in school in like the '90s and early 2000s we still
    56:19
    didn't talk a lot about actual truthful native history and I'm
    56:24
    not sure they they do I think we're still in a transitional phase of owning that but at least there's something
    56:32
    happening I guess I don't know there's just so many there's so many problems with the holiday honestly I think it
    56:38
    should be just sponged out and we should just pick a different day and a completely different time of year if we
    56:44
    want to have like a gratitude holiday and just like make a whole new holiday completely separate from this historical
    56:52
    one that's just my opinion that I know that will rub a lot of people the wrong way so um I'm not saying we shouldn't
    56:59
    have it I'm just saying it should be something completely different I think if there's going to be any real healing
    57:05
    there and it would have to be really really different but again I just like
    57:11
    I'm not in charge of anything to say anything about that and it's still an important holiday to important people in
    57:16
    my life and that's why I still participate and why I still now very progressingly host it uh
    57:25
    I just there's so much expectation and I'm again at this point in my life I'm just
    57:33
    like kind of claiming things that I never really knew I could claim and I
    57:40
    don't I just don't want to be in charge of everything anymore and it's not I
    57:47
    don't like I said there I don't want to lay any blame on my family because I brought this upon myself uh but it has
    57:56
    continued even through having babies and then getting
    58:01
    divorced and single parenting through the holidays and it's just the
    58:07
    expectations are the same and there and and I just I feel I'm trying I'm
    58:13
    fighting so hard not to feel resentful about it uh but I'm tired I'm tired I
    58:19
    don't want to do all of the shopping and all of the cooking and all of the cleaning and all of the arranging and
    58:26
    all of the making people comfortable and all of the parenting as well on top of that all by myself it's not fun there's
    58:35
    no I there's there's no moment for me to have joy in it and um I don't feel
    58:42
    resentful toward my people about it but on top of that we're also
    58:47
    navigating difficult family Dynamics um there tends to be a lot of eming in
    58:54
    my family I am not a big drinker I really I don't like to drink really at
    59:01
    all mostly um I do like if I'm on a trip um
    59:06
    or out with out to dinner with you know not my children or what sometimes even
    59:12
    on trips I'll get like a glass of wine like on the Disney cruise and stuff I'll get a glass of wine or something with dinner because I'm on vacation that's
    59:18
    enjoyable but I don't do that most of the time or anytime I don't I don't know you
    59:24
    guys I don't want to get into the alcohol conversation either I don't know what I'm
    59:30
    doing let's just say that
    59:37
    the my family God bless them and I love them so much do not do emotional
    59:45
    communication well or really at all and that creates a lot of tension between
    59:51
    certain members and it ends up not being a very enjoyable time at least lately it
    59:59
    feels like um especially because it's just our family I will say when it was a
    1:00:04
    larger gathering with my ex as I of a family too that kind of diffused the situation
    1:00:11
    cuz there were other people around right so there's a lot more going on a lot more distraction and you also don't want
    1:00:17
    to bring like your own family Dynamics onto display right necessarily so it was
    1:00:22
    a different vibe and now that it's not that and it hasn't been that for the past few years it like I really see it
    1:00:28
    it's just it's kind of taken the like party away and now it can just feel tense and
    1:00:36
    that's not to say that we don't have fun together we do and there's definitely fun times and but there's just also so
    1:00:42
    much tension and I just navigating all of that on top
    1:00:49
    of feeling like I have to be all the things and do all the things I'm just
    1:00:54
    like I don't want to do it and I'm struggling really hard
    1:01:00
    because I want to not feel resentful I don't but I I I feel like I could
    1:01:06
    definitely like go in that direction as things get intense and I don't I I just want to
    1:01:12
    enjoy my people and have them enjoy but I don't know how we get there I don't
    1:01:18
    see how we get there um definitely not with things as they are um
    1:01:26
    um I don't know does any of this make any sense I just I don't I don't want to
    1:01:33
    like yeah I don't want to like I feel like these are very common
    1:01:38
    family issues so I'm not trying to like point a finger or anything like I said I love my people and they're all really
    1:01:44
    good people but I'm just it's me hi I'm the problem it's me and I'm tired I'm
    1:01:50
    tired of just all of it I just I would love a holiday where
    1:01:58
    I like actually enjoy myself that's that's difficult to say
    1:02:05
    out loud because I also feel very conditioned to never say anything like
    1:02:10
    that like I always have to be doing all the things and completely enjoying myself and I did I did
    1:02:18
    for a time but I don't anymore and
    1:02:26
    and yeah I don't know next year so we also done Don and I alterite which year
    1:02:33
    we have the kids for Thanksgiving so obviously they're with me this year which I love it it's the best but it's
    1:02:40
    also as another level of challenge for me too cuz there's you know just
    1:02:47
    logistically um next year it sounds like we're traveling to my nephew
    1:02:55
    I hope I really hope so cuz I don't want to do this
    1:03:01
    again um and then the year after that when my kids are back with me I'm like
    1:03:06
    am I allowed to just take us to Disney instead I would just I feel like that
    1:03:13
    would really hurt people I really really care about even though it's what I would
    1:03:19
    really like to do I know it's like a very busy time year to go I just think we'd still manage to have fun
    1:03:26
    but and my my family are not they're not Disney people they wouldn't want to go um anyway so and there would just be
    1:03:35
    a lot of complaining about how expensive it is and I don't think that makes a trip fun for anybody um so yeah that's
    1:03:41
    where I'm at I'm doing the thing because I don't see an
    1:03:48
    alternative that benefits the majority but moving forward I am
    1:03:56
    seriously considering leaving this holiday behind
    1:04:02
    and that might mean that I really have to disappoint people I really care about but I just I I don't want to I don't
    1:04:09
    know what what is this you know like what is a holiday if it's not got
    1:04:17
    at least a crumb of joy in it I just I don't I don't
    1:04:22
    know any any I'm trying to reframe as much as possible I like I showed you I
    1:04:29
    purchased all the sides pre-made to try to help myself a little bit there's just
    1:04:34
    so many dishes and things to coordinate and the timing of everything
    1:04:40
    and doing it all single-handedly and I know my like my brother's great and he will help me
    1:04:46
    cook but it's also just like it's
    1:04:53
    just yeah I'm trying to find ways to make
    1:04:58
    this doable but I know it's going to upset certain people in my family that I
    1:05:04
    didn't make from scratch all the things
    1:05:11
    and you just can't please everybody anyway I don't mean to be a downer this
    1:05:16
    is like I'm like on the verge tear cuz I just feel so bad about it too like I feel
    1:05:23
    horrible that I feel this way and I don't want to
    1:05:28
    bring this energy to my family so I have they're all coming to town tomorrow
    1:05:35
    so I have half like basically the rest of this evening and a little bit of time in
    1:05:41
    the morning to turn this around and I've got a lot of stuff to do between now and then I'm going to have to go back to the
    1:05:47
    store and do the final errands and stuff in the morning before the kids come
    1:05:52
    home and clean clean up the basement I'm going to do all that in the morning what's on the docket for it's 4:30 nowo
    1:05:58
    for the rest of the day is I need to put in a couple hours of work luckily I did a lot of work
    1:06:04
    yesterday to help myself with probably at least an hour and a half of work and then I
    1:06:09
    can rest um and I planned a fun evening for myself I'm going to build a fire and
    1:06:16
    put on like a really frivolous holiday movie and eat popcorn for dinner like
    1:06:21
    that's and that that's how I'm giving myself this little
    1:06:27
    reprieve to try to turn my mood around um cuz I don't I
    1:06:35
    don't want to feel these things for I don't want to bring this to people I
    1:06:40
    love either and that's a lot of work too is to hide your true
    1:06:46
    feelings and I know how much work it is cuz I've spent my whole life doing it
    1:06:52
    but we can file that Hunter let's chat about that another time

8.     +50   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Jennifer, Barb, Beth & Erin are you Patreon members????
    Your packages have been in her post office box since April.
    Do you really think she cares about you???
    When will these people wake up???

9.     +27   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I really hope one of her family members does see that video of her complaining about the holidays. Perhaps, a few years of Jennifer being ALONE on the holidays might make her realize how important being part of a family really is. Her parents are in their late 70's or early 80's and they won't be around that much longer. Jen should be ashamed of herself for acting like a spoiled brat and complaining how hard her life is now that she is divorced or how hard it was for her to act like a housewife (NOT) when she was married to Don. Jen is plain lazy and selfish. That is the real reason for all of this complaining that she does. Blaming it on her mother and father or brother or her nieces now that they are older is totally ridiculous. I am sure her parents feel that Jen hasn't amounted to a hill of beans since they paid for her to go to college and graduated? Did she even graduate? What exactly has Jen done in the last 40 years other than make Youtube videos and have two children that she only "babysits" half of the time? I am sure her parents are not that happy that Jen only goes on her solo trips and worry them to death. Parents even at 80 years of age STILL worry about their children who are now adults. I am sure that Jill and Gravy hate the fact that Jen goes on solo trips constantly and she is always alone in her own hometown. No chance for Jen to even meet anybody since she is scared to get out there and actually meet new people. No way will Jen get married again unless a miracle happens. At least Jen's brother seems to be supportive of her but he can't be there for her all of the time. He has his own family. I have a feeling that perhaps, Jen is mad at her dad and maybe, he is the one with the drinking problem. Her mom can be a bit snarky but when you have Jen for a daughter, who can really blame Jill for being a bit disappointed in Jen. All I know is that yesterday was Thanksgiving and I shared it with my two daughters, my son and their families and my husband and we loved every second of the day. Everybody pitched in and brought food that was homemade. We even had invited guests that were not part of our family but we welcomed them into my daughter's home and made them feel great and like a part of our family. We played games, watched a movie with the younger grandchildren and had a great time and were there for a good 10 hours or so. That is what family does two times a year when we all get together at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Some of us have to travel and it is worth it to be with our family that we love and miss at other times of the year. Jen should be GRATEFUL that there are people in her family that want to spend time with her and her two children. She should be GRATEFUL that she is able to have the energy to cook and prepare her home for the holidays and to build MEMORIES for her two kids because one day her parents will be gone forever and what kind of memories will her two kids have of their grandparents and aunt, uncle and cousins as they get older? What kind of memories is Jen making for them other than Disney? Kids need family time and knowing they are loved and wanted and seems like Jen doesn't know how to do that but she throws money at them instead of creating good memories with her parents and brother's family while they are still alive. It is unbelievable that Jen put that video out there in case someone in her family does see it or someone who knows the family sees it and tells Scott, Bev or her parents about it. Sad that Jennifer Ross just does what she wants to do without any feelings whatsoever for her older parents and the rest of her family. She should be embarrassed that she cannot set two days aside ONCE a year to spend with her family and do all of the things to make her mom and dad proud of her and to show her kids that families love each other and will do their best to make family time a special memory for years to come. I am so glad that Tens and Don have the kids part of the time. At least they will see what real love and commitment is all about and that a mom who loves her children and husband and family will do anything to make the holidays a wonderful event filled with love and laughter and joy. That video made me feel more sadder for Gravy and Jill than anything else. Maybe, Jen's bad attitude is the real reason why they need the Vodka when they are around her?

10.     +25   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    So she did these elaborate Thanksgivings for 10 years, but acts like she totally forgot that she used send actual invitations and have seating charts and such?

11.     +15   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    My word of the year "WOW!" My Take away , Jen wanted only the Rosses plain and simple, her sadness is not the Divorce not D it was his family. If her family is dysfunctional she had to gravitate towards the Rosses to feel something. She gave of so called self to please them and it was not reciprocated.

I don't even think it is the holiday or the cooking it is that she would rather be at RM3 and hates the thought how much fun they are having over there without her. Sorry Jen, according to her old videos I don't think they were all that much fun to begin with. She thinks calling each other Melissa was great fun or maybe she misses the stupid stories or what she thinks was fun. Where I live we put on music and dance, play silly card games that someone bought at Barnes and Noble to stump some ones brain power or lack there of.
    I said it she is spilling the beans bit by bit. She just can't wait to run off again.
    I say there will be another mass exodus but I don't think she will care.

Another baker said it before, they may not be around next year by choice or physically able.

12.     +32   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Jenny needs two things -

1. A good psychotherapist
    2. Meds for depression

13.     +36   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Notice how anyone that is around Jin seems to need a drink (or two or three or...)

Jin... think about it maybe Jill is the real cager with these expectations you think she may or may not have and not your (formerly) precious boy D**.

14.     +14   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Queen Beeeee @ 25/11/2023, 00:25) 
    Jenny needs two things -

1. A good psychotherapist
    2. Meds for depression

YES! Quit with the pill shame and get some fucking meds!!! I am still married because I got help and GREW DA FUCK UP!! All this choosing me nonsense yet she never chooses to take care of herself.

Is she insinuating that her parents are abusive alcoholics? Is that why things are fraught?? LIES.

15.     +51   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    “Never have any needs of my own.”

Oh, so that’s why you became the most selfish, entitled brat on the planet? A mother who puts her needs before her kids’ needs, always.

It’s all her mom and dad’s fault.

Fucking grow up. Stop playing the victim and stop punishing everyone around you.

910 replies since 20/11/2023, 22:56   93849 views