BeingConfidentIsn'tWrongUnlessYou'reOnTheInternetInAWoolThongLikeJen Pt. 434

« Older   Newer »

1.     +19   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    It's the creepy, chapped lip smile for me. :sick:

2.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Does anyone have a theory as to why Disney is such an absolute obsession for her now? She has always loved Disney, but when she was caged, it was within reason. Now it’s just Disney, all day, every day.

3.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I was gonna say damn her lips are gross. Nobody would ever want to kiss those.

4.     +40   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    A super simple concept that Jen has never been able to get a proper grasp on:

When you commodify your body and your exercise addiction, and that commodification takes place on social platforms, you yourself are opting to have people comment on it. It’s your voluntary content. People pay for said content, and part of that contract (again, on social platforms, includes commentary).

If you don’t like people reacting to your body and its changes, don’t make your body and it’s changes the centre of your “business”.

5.     +30   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Aloner Like Jen @ 8/12/2023, 17:38) 
    Does anyone have a theory as to why Disney is such an absolute obsession for her now? She has always loved Disney, but when she was caged, it was within reason. Now it’s just Disney, all day, every day.

I honestly think it’s the same as all of her obsessive stages in that she is drawn to things that allow for lots and LOTS of spending. At one point it was Winnie (who never needed 16 beds in the house, several custom hand-painted water stands, bags of seasonal bows, etc… that was all for her). Then it was crafts (which she never actually did but felt the need to build a Michael’s in her house). Then it was organization (and she spent thousands on bins and “tools”). Then it was makeup. Then it was hosting all of the family “parties”. Then it was her “business” (the constant expensive rebrandings, business cards, website overhauls, custom logos, filming equipment, headshots, etc). Then the travel in her emotional support SUV which required a new car, supplies, equipment, etc.

What’s more consumeristic than Disney? It’s a never-ending opportunity and excuse to spend. She could spend every last cent she has and still not have everything that Disney has slapped their characters and logo on. As an added bonus, I’m sure, it was Don’s family’s “thing” and she gets to feel like she took it from him.

The only one of her fleeting hobbies that she doesn’t haemorrhage money into is her children.

6.     +28   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    jen doesn't know how to do things like a normal person. it either has to be hated or obsessed over.
    she can't do one peloton workout a day, she has to do 5-10. she can't do one disney run a year, she has to do all of them. she can't have a different meal on tuesday, because that's for tacos (see also: sushi monday, donut saturday, pizza and film sunday).

7.     +34   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Aloner Like Jen @ 12/8/2023, 12:38 PM) 

An interesting question. I think it's many things.

- mentally, it takes her back to those pre-kids days.
    - tasty treats with no judgement.
    - it presents a romanticized and sanitized version of adult life.
    - it's dedicated to make each individual guest feel like the center of the universe (even if in reality they're on a conveyer belt of Disney's design).
    - for Jen at least, it's a highly ritualized experience.
    - it's a flex, like how she fantasized about being the decked-out mama with the decked-out baby and the balloon tied to the stroller. It'd be interesting to know what her idealized Disney-goer is these days. (ETA probably Brooke.)

Which leads me to
    - it makes her feel like she's a part of something. It provides meaning. And she can access that feeling at any time by buying or wearing or admiring a Disney-branded something.

Edited by WhereDoesDaddySleep - 12/8/2023, 01:02 PM

8.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I knew that pic of Jen pulling in her stomach looked familiar, its similar to the one of Tens gardening LOL!!!

9.     +33   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    She is never ever going to quit being online because it is the ONLY social interaction she has outside her family (whom she clearly, doesn't even like)
    If she liked her kids I would be worried about her globbing onto them but thats not a concern

10.     +29   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I always find it irritating when SAHMs talk about their extra curricular activities (things not related to children or home care) as “work”. Jen said she got a “few hours of work done” the night before. Jen, your social media hobby of YouTube and IG is not work. Your job right now, the only real work you have, is raising your children. If you want to use the word work in any other context, you are free to get an actual job.

11.     +8   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (WhereDoesDaddySleep @ 12/8/2023, 05:58 PM) 
    QUOTE (Aloner Like Jen @ 12/8/2023, 12:38 PM) 

An interesting question. I think it's many things.

- mentally, it takes her back to those pre-kids days.
    - tasty treats with no judgement.
    - it presents a romanticized and sanitized version of adult life.
    - it's dedicated to make each individual guest feel like the center of the universe (even if in reality they're on a conveyer belt of Disney's design).
    - for Jen at least, it's a highly ritualized experience.
    - it's a flex, like how she fantasized about being the decked-out mama with the decked-out baby and the balloon tied to the stroller. It'd be interesting to know what her idealized Disney-goer is these days. (ETA probably Brooke.)

Which leads me to
    - it makes her feel like she's a part of something. It provides meaning. And she can access that feeling at any time by buying or wearing or admiring a Disney-branded something.

I've thought this too. Her children should give her meaning and purpose, her parents or even just get a healthy hobby of a grown woman. Or even do a kind thing and volunteer for charity. Help others that really need it. I don't mean sell your gucci purse and donate the money. Give your time. Help with habitate for humanity, donate time helping the homeless, go to a hospital and see if there's anything you can do to help others. Even doing this 2 times a week can help out a lot. Plus it makes you very grateful for what you have in life if you want to look at how it'll benefit yourself. Just feed your soul with goodness.

12.     +45   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    QUOTE (Strollergate @ 12/8/2023, 11:13 AM) 
    I always find it irritating when SAHMs talk about their extra curricular activities (things not related to children or home care) as “work”. Jen said she got a “few hours of work done” the night before. Jen, your social media hobby of YouTube and IG is not work. Your job right now, the only real work you have, is raising your children. If you want to use the word work in any other context, you are free to get an actual job.

Lol! I'm currently a SAHM. I guess making tea for the Bakers is my job? 😂😂😂

13.     +29   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Aloner Like Jen @ 8/12/2023, 17:38) 

I’m in quite a few Disney groups/ apps/ became friends and do park meet ups. And a fair majority of them are struggling with various mental illnesses. Like probably 75%.
    Lovely people, but it’s a noticeable thing in Disney adults.

14.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She's making over $40k on Patreon so that could definitely be a job IMHO. It's the best paying lame job in the world.

I think Jen has always had a small waist she's just got birthin' hips as my grandmother used to say.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around people thinking she weighs 180 lbs.

15.     +27   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bespoke Poop Shovel of Vitriol @ 8/12/2023, 18:16) 
    QUOTE (Strollergate @ 12/8/2023, 11:13 AM) 

Lol! I'm currently a SAHM. I guess making tea for the Bakers is my job? 😂😂😂

And you deserve an extra big bonus this year ❤️

931 replies since 7/12/2023, 18:52   87244 views