Makeup and Skin Care Chat Pt. 5

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    These sales are getting ridiculous. Just run a sale for a two week cycle and be done with it! No daily schedules, no weird calenders, no big reveals, no faux-exclusivity hype. Too much work, it kills the interest.

2.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I've heard good things about the Laura Mercier Real Flawless foundation. Has anyone tried that one?

3.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Another Sephora sale soon. It seems like we just had Christmas. :wacko:

4.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Has anyone tried both the Huda Cherry Blossom setting powder and the Givenchy prisme Libre setting powder in voile rose?

I’m torn on which one to try!

Cookie - I saw that foundation hyped up quite a bit on tiktok. But Stephanie (smlxo) tried it and said it was not that great. She tried it on camera and it didn’t look good on her. I tend to trust her reviews. Having said that, I think foundation is one of those things where YMMV.

5.     Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I have the Huda Cherry Blossom one and like it. Someone else here might’ve bought it. I think maybe Ides?

6.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Can anyone recommend a lipstick or stain that doesn’t budge? When going out, I’d like to have some color on my lips without having to reapply constantly.

7.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I have Cherry Blossom and Cupcake (I think that's what the yellowish one is called?). I don't have the Givenchy PL powder though I kind of want it too just because it's pretty in the container. :blushing-smiley-emoticon: Huda's powder is so good. It's so finely milled and does seem to blur a bit.

8.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Regina Phalange @ 8/3/2024, 20:43) 
    Can anyone recommend a lipstick or stain that doesn’t budge? When going out, I’d like to have some color on my lips without having to reapply constantly.

Revlon Colorstay Lip Suede Ink... This is one of my favorite lipsticks. Some people don't like the way it feels but I love it. You can put balm over it to make it more comfortable. My fav colors are "That Girl" and "No Rules"... Also want to try "Gut Instinct."

9.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Thanks - I’m leaning towards the Huda one. I’ve seen so much about it and it’s also less $. Going to wait for the sale, of course.

The Maybelline SUPER STAY VINYL INK lip colours are really good. I have two of them and really like them. Lots of colours too. They gonna glossy and stay glossy for quite a while but are mostly transfer free. And when they do wear off, they do so very nicely. Even after a full 8 hour work day with eating/drinking - I had some colour on my lips (gloss wears off though).

10.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I like Maybelline lip crayons. I own too many of them lol.

I like Chanel Rouge Ultra Tenue.

Neither one are bulletproof but they close enough for me. The Chanel are WAY overrated in terms of being super long wearing. I remember Michelle Wang supposedly did a livestream where she ate greasy pizza and the Chanel lippy didn't budge. I don't know as I never saw it but it seems doubtful to me based on my own experience. They last well and fade nicely which is why I like them and willingly put out the money for them. Plus all the colors I've tried are beautiful.

The Revlon Satin Ink liquid lipsticks are nice as well.

11.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    I have the Chanel ones - the Maybelline vinyl ink is most similar to this except it’s all in one product (i.e. no separate colour vs gloss) and it lasts longer than the Chanel on me.

12.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    The longest lasting lipstick I ever used is Rimmel Provocalips, but they're not as easy to find in the states as they once were.

I use the Maybelline Vinyl Ink often too. Just be sure you shake it up. It can separate from the glossy ingredient.

13.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I haven't been able to do any of my skincare for over a week now while I recover from my surgery. I look like death warmed over lol! I look almost like.....gasp.....Jen Ross! :in-disbelief-smiley-emoticon: I noticed my undereyes are so dehydrated and my skin just looks dull. If I ever wondered if my skincare products were doing anything for me I think it's clear now. I'm hoping I'll feel better enough soon and am mobile enough soon to at least do the bare minimum for the sake of my skin. :nervous:

14.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Thank you for the lipstick recs! Time to shop

15.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Does the Huda setting powder come with an applicator puff? I’ve been seeing people on tiktok using these tiny puffs to press in the powder and want to know if it comes with or not?

110 replies since 10/12/2023, 21:14   2977 views