« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    It does not. I bought a package of triangle puffs to use from Amazon.

2.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Same. I love my triangle puffs. Speaking of that, I can't find puffs in the drugstores anymore. Just the basic cheap ones that used to be in a Covergirl powder compact.

3.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    If you guys want to link me to these triangle puffs, I won’t mind 🤭

Unrelated question. I don’t get a tan other than maybe once a year on a beach type vacation. So I don’t feel fully confident with how different makeup looks when I’m not my usual colour. Specifically, I always get a bit of red with the tan on my chest and shoulders but my face tans with zero redness. So even when I match a darker foundation to my face, it looks off to me because there’s an undertone discrepancy compared to my chest/arm area.

So should I buy a darker foundation with red undertones? Would that fix it? Or should I keep the foundation as is to match my face and then use a bronzer with a red undertone to bring it all together? Don’t really want to buy/experiment with a ton of products here because it really is a once a year issue lol.

4.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    These are the puffs I love. They’ve lasted a long time.

https://a.co/d/dzCeJL6

5.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I have these:

https://a.co/d/8SluoVc

They wash up well with Beauty Blender cleanser or brush cleanser.

6.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 3/13/2024, 08:43 AM) 
    If you guys want to link me to these triangle puffs, I won’t mind 🤭

Unrelated question. I don’t get a tan other than maybe once a year on a beach type vacation. So I don’t feel fully confident with how different makeup looks when I’m not my usual colour. Specifically, I always get a bit of red with the tan on my chest and shoulders but my face tans with zero redness. So even when I match a darker foundation to my face, it looks off to me because there’s an undertone discrepancy compared to my chest/arm area.

So should I buy a darker foundation with red undertones? Would that fix it? Or should I keep the foundation as is to match my face and then use a bronzer with a red undertone to bring it all together? Don’t really want to buy/experiment with a ton of products here because it really is a once a year issue lol.

My advice is to start with the bronzer - you can warm anything up with the right bronzer. Foundation is just so tricky to match - if you have one that works then I'd play around with a bronzer or two. :)

7.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Do any of you use It Cosmetics CC Cream (any variation) and find even their supposed-cool tones are yellow?

8.     Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    People seem to like those Drunk Elephant bronzer drops. I haven't tried them yet, but I do like L'Oreal Lumi Glotion in deep or Physician's Formula Butter Glow.

https://www.amazon.com/Physicians-Formula-...r/dp/B0BQW7R61S

I'm very interested in trying the new Butter Glow Bronzing Serum.

https://www.amazon.com/Physicians-Formula-...s=beauty&sr=1-2

9.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Yes! Also this one from PF - haven’t tried it but want to. Saw Bethenny Frankel talking about it.

www.walmart.ca/en/ip/butter-glow-l...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also, you and IDES seem to be using the same triangle puffs!

10.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm really annoyed with my foundations right now. They are all either too dark, too light, too orange, too yellow, or too pink. I don't understand undertones. No matter how many times I hear/read explanations I still can't figure out mine. X)

11.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Lol I thought I posted this after you the other day, FP, but it was still sitting in the Fast Reply box:

Great minds :D

I'm intrigued by the Bronzie drops and the L'Oreal drops but haven't worked up the courage to try them. I'm too nervous for some reason! :5153:

Cookie, I can never figure out undertones and shades either. I get so frustrated.

12.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I often can’t deal with it and choose the most neutral hoping it works. I go with light neutral. A big shade range overwhelms me.

My veins are blue vs green, and supposedly that means cool, but my skin isn’t 100% cool toned or ivory fair.

13.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Undertones annoy me too. All the undertone “tests” annoy me. My veins look purple, blue and green to me :lol: I look good in silver and gold jewelry. Don’t even get me started on figuring out whether I’m a winter, summer, etc. FWIW, I’ve had some makeup artists (the counter variety not Lisa E levels lol) tell me I’m neutral. So I tend to opt for light-medium neutral foundation shades. I did try a Lisa E foundation sample in an olive undertone and it looked really good so I wonder if I’m olive. Gah!

14.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 3/21/2024, 11:07 AM) 
    Undertones annoy me too. All the undertone “tests” annoy me. My veins look purple, blue and green to me :lol: I look good in silver and gold jewelry. Don’t even get me started on figuring out whether I’m a winter, summer, etc. FWIW, I’ve had some makeup artists (the counter variety not Lisa E levels lol) tell me I’m neutral. So I tend to opt for light-medium neutral foundation shades. I did try a Lisa E foundation sample in an olive undertone and it looked really good so I wonder if I’m olive. Gah!

I'm the same way. My veins are all of those colors. I've started trying for neutral colors if they are offered.

As far as the seasons? I don't know. I'm pale but tan easily. I think I look better in richer colors when I'm pale, but pastels are fine when I'm tan. I think I look better in gold jewelry though I do have quite a bit of silver that I wear.

:5153:

15.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I almost mentioned the find your season trend. :lol: It changes if someone colors their hair. Right now I think I am a winter.

110 replies since 10/12/2023, 21:14   2977 views