TisTheSeasonToBeFraught.FriendsAndFamSheHasNaughtLikeJen Pt. 435

« Older   Newer »

1.     +79   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I have some news to share too. My only child is in her senior year of HS. She is getting the Florida 100% Bright Futures scholarship which pays tuition for 4 years. She just got her FSU acceptance today with $16,000 scholarship. 😱. She's a great kid who wants a career helping people and has chosen speech pathology and wants to be medical speech pathologist in the hospital setting.
    What are you doing to better the world Jen with your useless degree and no worthy aspirations?
    Collage_2023-12-12_12_28_50

2.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Agressive Brusher @ 12/13/2023, 12:27 AM) 
    Off topic a little, but how old are Jill and Gravy? My dad will be 83 in January and I just found out he has to have open heart surgery very soon. He and my mom are extremely healthy and we always joke about them outliving all of us. I am hosting Christmas, right after hosting Thanksgiving. Do I mind? Hell, no. Do I hope they will even be able to come? YES! No fraughtness here. Not one bit. Is my house big enough to have twelve people for dinner? Nope, but we’ll make it work because that’s what we do. My sister is in ill health as well, and she has six dogs, so going there is out. My brother is a confirmed bachelor and has zero hosting experience. So, as the oldest, I will “soldier on “. Thank you for attending my TED talk.

Someone posted a few weeks ago but I don't remember exactly but I think it was like 82 & 85.

3.     +35   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Land Creature Your daughter sounds amazing! But has she ever handed out Starbucks gift cards to strangers? Ever spent thousands to give snacks to rich people? We all contribute to the collective in our own way. X)

4.     +13   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jill is 78 and Gravy is 79.

Suzanne and Keith are about 10 years younger.

QUOTE (Spork Meltdown @ 13/12/2023, 00:33) 
    QUOTE (Agressive Brusher @ 12/13/2023, 12:27 AM) 
    Off topic a little, but how old are Jill and Gravy? My dad will be 83 in January and I just found out he has to have open heart surgery very soon. He and my mom are extremely healthy and we always joke about them outliving all of us. I am hosting Christmas, right after hosting Thanksgiving. Do I mind? Hell, no. Do I hope they will even be able to come? YES! No fraughtness here. Not one bit. Is my house big enough to have twelve people for dinner? Nope, but we’ll make it work because that’s what we do. My sister is in ill health as well, and she has six dogs, so going there is out. My brother is a confirmed bachelor and has zero hosting experience. So, as the oldest, I will “soldier on “. Thank you for attending my TED talk.

Someone posted a few weeks ago but I don't remember exactly but I think it was like 82 & 85.

5.     +48   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    A year ago this week my mom's healthy brother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He passed away March 21. Our family is still hurting so much.

However.....even we aren't moping and acting as dismal as Jan.

She's unbelievable.

6.     +13   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Im sorry for your loss, ides. 😔 This time of year is so hard.

Jen is a big woe is me person.

7.     +6   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Land Creature @ 12/13/2023, 12:28 AM)
    I have some news to share too. My only child is in her senior year of HS. She is getting the Florida 100% Bright Futures scholarship which pays tuition for 4 years. She just got her FSU acceptance today with $16,000 scholarship. 😱. She's a great kid who wants a career helping people and has chosen speech pathology and wants to be medical speech pathologist in the hospital setting.
    What are you doing to better the world Jen with your useless degree and no worthy aspirations?
    Collage_2023-12-12_12_28_50

Congrats all great schools, Bull and a gator in my family.

Congrats to Suzanne's Biggest Fan!

ID**’tEatSugar, Sorry to hear this.

8.     +38   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    Exactly! My mother was diagnosed with cancer around Thanksgiving 2019 and passed right after Thanksgiving 2020. Age 67.

Do I hate the holidays? No! I celebrate them because I'm thankful for the family I have left. And my mother did not fraught me with any fraughtness that apparently Jill seems to pile on Jen, so I definitely miss her this time of year.

But ol' Eeyore over here thinks the whole world is against her and anything happy is sad and anything sad is sadder.

9.     +45   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    She claims she is living the life she wanted but I've never seen a supposedly so happy person so miserable.

10.     +18   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Seeing the video of the RV trip to hell Utah and seeing how young those children were when their parents split makes me sad for them. But it’s also for the best since Jen clearly has no interest in growing up and being a real mom. Maybe in a few years they can live full-time with the parents who want to give them a warm, loving home.

11.     +31   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    The world is a pretty miserable place at the moment Jen, where l live the interest rates are climbing so high and so many are not only going without for Christmas, but either barely putting food on the table or who are homeless living in their car.
    You CANNOT even begin to empathise with anyone Jen, in your mansion with everything you could ever want, and travelling all over the place on a whim, all with someone else’s money. Not all of us have the bank of Don :eyeroll:

12.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SoProudOfMyself @ 13/12/2023, 00:09) 
    QUOTE (AnnieBee @ 12/12/2023, 23:54) 
    Are these still available for perusal…? Relatively new to the Gene scene. Thanks in advance.

It's in this Q&A
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G2IQ5sEWCKA&t=808s

But watch this RV trip to Utah, it's a gem. When Jen declares that mama and babies will take the bed/bedroom while Don with a bad back and his elderly parents can take the other sleeping spots.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRGF8zKyNo

She made those TWO videos and then was magically back in Chicago. We suspect she flew home early after finding out about Tens. (At the height of covid, when they had packed their own food and took an rv across country)

I never saw that Q&A
    She looks so better, almost pretty, then
    What happened? She looks so bad now

13.     +14   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 12/12/2023, 02:50 PM) 
    congrats SuzannesBiggestFan! come back soon and let us know how you and our cyber niece are doing :6792:

Meow2 , we are supposed to complain about cyber nieces partying (staying up past 10pm talking to actual real life people).

14.     +59   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    Several years ago my mother passed away on Christmas Eve, very early in the morning. My two young granddaughters had spent the night at my house. My son and daughter in law were coming over around 8 for breakfast and for all of us to open presents. My dad called me to tell me (it wasn't unexpected and I had seen her the day before). For several years (and sometimes still) I get a sadness that comes over me around the holidays, but I work through it. My grandchildren never have known. My social media following would never know. She has NO REASON to be so fraught.

15.     +10   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 12/12/2023, 09:04 PM) 
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 12/12/2023, 02:50 PM) 
    congrats SuzannesBiggestFan! come back soon and let us know how you and our cyber niece are doing :6792:

Meow2 , we are supposed to complain about cyber nieces partying (staying up past 10pm talking to actual real life people).

Bonus points if they're drinking vodka, thereby adding to our holiday fraughtness.

911 replies since 12/12/2023, 21:16   96078 views