« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Here it is:

Right now I'm listening to Emily live commentary.

But I have to say this. Jodi has either a better lawyer or is more clever. She looks so pitiful and suffering.... and I don't believe her for a second. Ic case I'm wrong and she is suffering: good, she is not suffering enough.

I'm also angry at all of this 'second degree' accounts. There was no 'second degree' in what she did. Children were in mortal danger.

Although that means that the children will not have to testify, which is good, it also means, that there will be no long tiral and media spotlight and that is what a certain community wants the most.

They had Ruby, willing to testify against her, the bigger evil. No problem to find 'character' witnesses - Adam was ready, her niece too. The child literally escaped from HER house. She would've most likely been found guilty, IMO. Why this, such a favorable plea deal? Anything, that gets her out before her death is favorable.

2.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I was pretty shocked she took a plea. I figured with her fancy lawyers and her money she would put up a long court battle (because she's a freaking psychopath). I 100% do not believe she suddenly developed empathy. I hope every day in prison is hell for her.

3.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Emily confirmed, that these were the same accounts as Ruby's. Which is surprising to me.

They will be both sentenced on 20th of February. They both agreed they will go to prison. For how much, the Court will decide.

Apparently on the spectrum of range of how terrible it is, this goes more to the second degree.... and judges have heard much worse. It is difficult to process this.... And no matter what is known about them publicly, they have no prior convictions .... Legally I understand, but still, it hurts. So, they will not get the maximum sentence. Sadly, realistic expectations are around 15 years. But we can still hope for more.

It is possible, that they can both get the same sentence.

Toomuchlaugh I think she has a good lawyer and she is not stupid. I think she is the type of abuser, who ruthlessly rules over weaker, but licks buts of the powerful. I also hope, that every day in prison is a hell for her.

4.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Here is Emily's analysis.

I recommend at 1:13:50, Jodi's lawyer Press Conference. It looks like there is some tension between Ruby and Jodi, because he said that it was Jodi who wanted to plead guilty first. What he says next is impossible to swallow and I agree with Emily's spicy comments on that.

SPOILER (click to view)
    Apparently Jodi confessed her guilt solely out of the consideration for the children. She worries about them and want them to heal as soon as possible. The audacity of that woman!

5.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I'm absolutely disgusted. I cannot believe the DA gave them both plea deals. What were they thinking? No justice for the Franke children. How Kevin hasn't been charged is mind boggling.

6.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    📌

7.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I don't know US legal system. But is it even possible for Kevin to be charged of neglect or something? Since he was not there when the prosecuted abuse was happening, he can't be charged of that. But he is still a parent who didn't check on his children for about a year.

There is still a possibility for Ruby's parental rights to be taken away.

8.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Any idea who the man was sitting behind Jodi's attorney that spoke to her? I think the first thing she said to him was "I'm doing okay", can't tell beyond that. The judge didn't acknowledge two attorneys for her, like he did with the prosecution. Could it possibly have been her brother? Anyone know if Jessi has done any interviews since court today?

9.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I noticed that unlike Ruby, who made an effort with her hair, Jodi's hair was greasy and unwashed. Jodi also seemed outwardly stressed and fearful.

I wish we were able to see who was in the courtroom. They must have made a decision not to show any part of the audience.

10.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (GinnyGirl @ 28/12/2023, 01:27) 
    I noticed that unlike Ruby, who made an effort with her hair, Jodi's hair was greasy and unwashed. Jodi also seemed outwardly stressed and fearful.

I thought that was interesting they didn't show that for Jodi since they did for Ruby. From what I read on multiple outlets Jodi's daughter has nothing to do with her husband has stayed silent since everything happened. Only her brother still supports her even after what she did to his daughter Jessi.

I wish we were able to see who was in the courtroom. They must have made a decision not to show any part of the audience.

11.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Appears Chad spent/is spending the holidays in Mexico with friends. Obviously he was able to get his passport back or a replacement. Glad he's getting away from the stress for a while. Hopefully Shari was able to spend time doing something she enjoys and give her mind a break.

12.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (KayMar @ 30/12/2023, 14:19) 
    Appears Chad spent/is spending the holidays in Mexico with friends. Obviously he was able to get his passport back or a replacement. Glad he's getting away from the stress for a while. Hopefully Shari was able to spend time doing something she enjoys and give her mind a break.

Shari adopted a sweet kitten for Christmas. She posted how the stress was getting to her so much she had to go to the ER at one point. I can't imagine what she must be going through.

13.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I'm glad Chad left. His friends seem great. I remember years back when Ruby wanted him to go back to private school, but his friends were in public school and so he ended up staying.
    Attached Image
    Screenshot_20231229_215634_Instagram

14.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Have either Shari or Chad done missions?

15.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    No. Chad would say he waa going to do one, just to keep Ruby off his back. Shari took religion much more seriously. Hopefully she doesn't stop her education to do one. I think their eyes have been opened up a bit to how insular their Mormon Lifestyle was there in Utah since this case has been International news.

So, my hopes is they don't. Shari has been in therapy since she turned 18 and she claims it saved her.

156 replies since 22/12/2023, 02:38   15559 views