8 Passengers Pt. 2

« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I cannot imagine what she's going through.

It sucks to feel so alone.

2.     +5   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    That poor girl has been through hell and is now going through a whole new kind of hell.

3.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I just started listening to the podcast the rise and fall of Ruby Franke. Have to catch up on all these comments but I’m also wanting some feedback on something I came across today while watching other bloggers. I didn’t know the extent of how horrible she was but one of the things that stuck out for me in the first episode was how she would send her children to bed or to school without eating. I personally would never, I can’t imagine letting a child go hungry. But what I realized in that first episode was that she would actively talk about it as a form of parenting and punishment, like it was just another Tuesday in her home. So here’s where I need feedback: on today’s video of a Mom vlogger called Ashley from Ashley‘s busy life made a comment that really irks my nerves. She is also sending her kid to bed without dinner because he didn’t like what she made and his choices are don’t eat or eat what I cook, because he’s old enough. (I think he’s like 8-9) Her reasoning was because it’s about respect you respect me when I make meals or you go to bed without dinner. She doesn’t have a forum here yet- which blows my mind because she definitely needs one- or I’d ask there. But is this a red flag or am I over thinking it because I just started the pod and it really made me realize how I feel about sending kids to bed without food as a punishment? Please advise.

4.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Here is the video and time code
    Attached Image
    IMG_4668

5.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Here is her response to someone who questioned her.
    Attached Image
    IMG_4669

6.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Food/nourishment is vital for kids' development. It is child abuse/neglect to withhold food/nourishment. Full stop.

7.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    The guidelines in our home was if you don't like what I made for dinner, you can have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I would never force my children to eat something they didn't like, however, if they opt to not eat, no snacks or desserts. I found this effective for all 3 of my kids from age 3 to adults. My oldest hates avocados and black oldest, why would I "force" him to eat it. I think this is more about power/control than anything else. Also, they could just be evil.

8.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Pooster @ 5/3/2024, 22:06) 
    The guidelines in our home was if you don't like what I made for dinner, you can have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I would never force my children to eat something they didn't like, however, if they opt to not eat, no snacks or desserts. I found this effective for all 3 of my kids from age 3 to adults. My oldest hates avocados and black oldest, why would I "force" him to eat it. I think this is more about power/control than anything else. Also, they could just be evil.

Pretty much the same idea here. If you don't wanna eat what I made, fine but I ain't cooking something new. Limited options like toast, oatmeal or fruit are available. It would break my heart to send one of my kids to bed with an empty stomach.

9.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Okay so I’m not overthinking this. Thank you so much for the input I knew in my gut this was wrong.

My kids are older 10/13 and even to this day I take their interest in what they like or don’t like into consideration when I make dinner. Sometimes it doesn’t work but that’s what ramen, or scrambled eggs or pbj sandwiches are for. I knew I wasn’t wrong, thank you again for the input.

10.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    For lunch I always gave 2 options and let them pick, (options that were acceptable), I felt this gave them some control. I think parents who withhold food are evil.

11.     +5   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    I have a lot of kids so I would always try to make at least one thing that I knew each kid liked for dinner but I would never force my children to eat something they don't like. I have two kids with major food issues with texture still to this day as adults. It would literally have been traumatic if I forced them to eat food they don't like. I don't want anybody to force me to eat anything. I think it's abusive and cruel.

12.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Ruby fed her kids crap. All the sisters eat like crap and secretly eat fast food and treats when the kids go to bed.

My kids ate, and still eat, everything I eat. I understand both sides. I still refuse to eat certain foods.

13.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    This thread is a bit quiet so I thought I would share this x- Mormon YouTuber I recently found. Fascinating to say the least. Wow! I had no idea on so much of what goes on in the temple and BYU.
    Alyssa Grenfell on YouTube. I’m binge listening. It’s more of a podcast but I had to watch when she was talking about the garments.

14.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    I've watched a lot of her videos so they're very interesting. I'm fascinated with cults and religions.

15.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    KUTV 2 News Salt Lake City is releasing police videos

This is police entering the house. What is interesting, that obviously it was emergency case and they didn't need search warrant for this. Jodi is beside herself, calling lawyer immediately

This is heartbreaking - how they were persuading little girl to come out of a closet

And this is Ruby, totally different than in the Court:

And this is Jodi. One can see how her brains are working like crazy.

156 replies since 22/12/2023, 02:38   15525 views