Knorpp and South Pt 5

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ^^^ If so, it means, sounds- like they have hit bottom.

However, does anyone think that they have been in a Livingston Texas long enough to already be registered on the www?

2.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Oops! 247 Rainbow Drive not 245

3.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    They’d be hard pressed to even get a rental without regular employment. I think they sold the house because they had to, and with her parents contribution they would have just broken even.

If they hadn’t wasted so much money on architects and rentals when times were good, they could have bought their forever home and still be in it. I’d be sick if I was them.

4.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    We can't know what their financial situation is but I don't think they're tapped out. The LDS church frowns upon credit card debt, so I'm guessing that's why it took so long for them to do the house. They had to pay for everything as they went. They've made $375k of profit on the house. That's more than enough to put down on a place in rural Va. This one is for sale in the same town as the college E is working at. Tell me it doesn't scream M and her creepy dolls! https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2068-Ch...108111694_zpid/

5.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I actually love the house you show for sale in Buena Vista. I can't imagine trying to keep it clean or heat it in the winter but it is quite wonderful. Remember, however, Megan wants "property" where she can have a huge garden, chickens, bees, goats etc...a real farm. Who is supposed to care for all that is a mystery but that is her vision.

6.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I like that house! It's so cheap too.

7.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    The BV house is decorated in the style Megan likes but with a nicer outcome. Too visually clustered for my tastes. A beauty of a house though at what seems to be a low price. It does look pretty close to the other houses....so maybe not too much land?

8.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Xinia @ 4/21/2024, 02:38 AM) 
    245 Rainbow Drive Livingston Texas is the current address on several sights for Michael Knorpp from Davidson NC. It is a seedy looking RV park with few amenities which seems to house a number of permanent elderly tenants. I don't know what this means

What this means is, there's going to be a lot of ticked off retirees if the Knorpps end up living there with their kids.

9.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Rhody123 @ 4/21/2024, 05:42 AM) 
    We can't know what their financial situation is but I don't think they're tapped out. The LDS church frowns upon credit card debt, so I'm guessing that's why it took so long for them to do the house. They had to pay for everything as they went. They've made $375k of profit on the house. That's more than enough to put down on a place in rural Va. This one is for sale in the same town as the college E is working at. Tell me it doesn't scream M and her creepy dolls! www.zillow.com/homedetails/2068-Ch...108111694_zpid/

That is a pretty house, and I appreciate that they left some of the woodwork the natural unpainted look. But having lived in a 100+ year old house myself, I see several red flags. I will tell you that the crazy over-the-top Victorian wallpaper in most of the rooms is covering cracks in the walls and the tin (or faux tin) ceiling tiles are covering cracks in the ceilings. All from the house settling. I would bet money that the basement has a dirt floor. The brass light switch plates (bottom of stairs - on the post) usually means old wiring. The super shiny floors have shellac, not varnish, on them and is a pain in the butt to remove. If you use paint stripper, it comes off like tar. Some of the doors may also be treated with shellac. The house as a whole probably has horse hair plaster and lath behind the plastered walls and probably has no insulation. I'll be the windows leak air too. It would cost a ton to heat with the hot water radiators. I would take a hard pass on that house.

10.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    That looks like a mail service address to me. "Escapees" mail service's main address is 100 Rainbow Drive in Livingston, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have various addresses registered for their patrons on that street. (Because of tax issues, most people on the road choose either Texas, Florida or South Dakota for their mail service.)

If they've gone so far as to choose an accommodation address, it looks like they're serious about not buying for quite a while.

11.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    M is from Texas isn't she? Maybe they're visiting family.There's another house in that town that's huge and went under contract. For all we know they bought one and are driving around until the closing. That's not a bad idea.They've lied to viewers before. They'll announce "our plan was to be in the rv but then this house came up so here we are".

12.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The eclipse was two weeks ago. They could be anywhere now.

13.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Villainmom @ 4/21/2024, 11:55 AM) 
    The eclipse was two weeks ago. They could be anywhere now.

Yeah, I bet they'll be doing what they did when they were on the road for a year (?) or so before and just go all over.

They had a bigger trailer then, but more kids, so the comfort level will probably even out. I'll be so mad if they dump the cats!

14.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Snickerdoodle, My house is 110 too. That one that I posted has way too many red flags for me. BUt you and I have common sense! The K's don't! That being said, that old house I posted is stunning to me. I just wouldn't want to put in the work, or pay the heating bill!

15.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Just think of how much trashy thrifted junk NutMeg could fill it with! :hearty-laugh:

900 replies since 23/12/2023, 02:12   126474 views