Knorpp and South Pt 5

« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (NosyChipsOrCracks @ 4/26/2024, 10:27 AM) 
    Poor Eve, sitting there with dry heaves, looking pale and confused as the Meghan Knorpp show unfolded around her. Why didn't they share a meal with her brother? The kids looked underwhelmed during the shot of their meal in Indianapolis.

“The Meghan Knorpp Show” for sure. ✅

2.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (NosyChipsOrCracks @ 26/4/2024, 19:27) 
    Poor Eve, sitting there with dry heaves, looking pale and confused as the Meghan Knorpp show unfolded around her. Why didn't they share a meal with her brother? The kids looked underwhelmed during the shot of their meal in Indianapolis.

The whole thing was crazy! Also, did anyone happen to catch Mike reintroducing the kids (Peter for sure) to meh's brother and family? Close, huh? 🤣

3.     +8   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    So they ditch the campground people to go meet Megan’s brother and SIl who they haven’t seen in forever - and Megan spends the whole time talking to Andrew on the phone? That was the oddest interaction. I’m not close to my brother but golly I would put effort into interacting. (Side note I had no clue there was another brother besides Wes) As per usual Megan was dramatic with we eclipse reaction.

4.     +7   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    There was another of Megan’s brothers - they came for a holiday and stayed in the trailer, while it was parked at the curb. This dynamic just seemed awkward.

We’ve mentioned it before, but Mike does seem to edit in a way that shows Megan in a bad light. Her craziness during the eclipse matched with Eve’s discomfort was epic. Eve could have been shown what was going to happen. I went over it with a four year old and six year old. They made projectors, they drew pictures, they got it just fine. Eve got totally ignored and then couldn’t cope. How very sad.

5.     +12   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Poor Eve. It’s just the total lack of awareness of the needs of a child like her.
    Firstly, why was she retching and retching? Is that anxiety or is there a possibility she wasn’t actually feeling well and can’t express it? Also, they’ve mentioned before how she sometimes spits mucus on the floor in shops etc. Take the child to see a doctor and see if there is anything they can do to help her?
    Poor Eve. She must have been so overwhelmed, on top of not feeling well. Firstly, they were going somewhere with the family they had met at the campsite. Suddenly that changed and they were going to meet family Eve didn’t know - in a very crowded place. Does anyone stop and explain these things to Eve ? Do they say, we’ve changed our plans and this is what is happening now? Did they think about the fact they were going to a place with lots of people and lots of noise that might be too much for her - on top of not feeling well? Did they try to explain to her what an eclipse meant in terms she might understand?
    Imagine how confused she must have been. Lots of people wearing silly glasses. Megan screeching and crying and creating drama everyone around them cheering about something poor Eve doesn’t understand. Then the sky goes completely black? Is it any wonder the child was stressed?
    I’ve never met such selfish people.

6.     +7   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (HoneeB @ 4/27/2024, 09:42 PM) 
    Poor Eve. It’s just the total lack of awareness of the needs of a child like her.
    Firstly, why was she retching and retching? Is that anxiety or is there a possibility she wasn’t actually feeling well and can’t express it? Also, they’ve mentioned before how she sometimes spits mucus on the floor in shops etc. Take the child to see a doctor and see if there is anything they can do to help her?
    Poor Eve. She must have been so overwhelmed, on top of not feeling well. Firstly, they were going somewhere with the family they had met at the campsite. Suddenly that changed and they were going to meet family Eve didn’t know - in a very crowded place. Does anyone stop and explain these things to Eve ? Do they say, we’ve changed our plans and this is what is happening now? Did they think about the fact they were going to a place with lots of people and lots of noise that might be too much for her - on top of not feeling well? Did they try to explain to her what an eclipse meant in terms she might understand?
    Imagine how confused she must have been. Lots of people wearing silly glasses. Megan screeching and crying and creating drama everyone around them cheering about something poor Eve doesn’t understand. Then the sky goes completely black? Is it any wonder the child was stressed?
    I’ve never met such selfish people.

100% spot on.. Id lose the plot with just Megan screaming and carrying on, her first priority should have been Eves wellbeing, maybe sat her on her or Mikes lap and explained it calmly and quietly. Selfish git!

7.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Primrose

I hadn’t read your post before I posted so I ended up saying what you’d already said. Apologies 😊

8.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Oh, no worries! Great minds think alike.

9.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I don't think Mike films and edits Meghan's craziness to show her in a bad light. The man is just c*nt-struck, pardon my French. ;) He genuinely seems to find her entertaining. I guess there really IS a lid for every pot.

10.     +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Megan's hysteria 😒 Does she know the sun and the moon are always there? Poor Eve, being around Megan's chaos could make anyone feel unwell. Megan centres herself in every situation.

How many siblings do Mike and Megs each have?

11.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    What should have been a lovely day was spoilt by Meegans mass hysteria, I'm sure my family would tell me to calm down in no uncertain words. Meegan's behavior is absurd, and Micky encourages it. Poor Eve, I'm certain her mother's shrieking didn't help. Eve is now a teenager and no longer the cute kid she was. The Knorpps should not be relying on the rest of the family to take care of her.

The food looked awful it looked like dish water with half a boiled egg floating in it.

Indianapolis did look like a lovely city, I wish our cities (UK) were as clean and immaculate

12.     +6   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    They’re failures as parents. Pearl is visibly limping and Eve…..

My friend has a daughter a year or two younger than Eve, who also has Downs Syndrome. She goes to regular public school, is involved in extracurriculars, and has a friend group of her own. Thinking of Eve’s future actually makes me angry because all of this was avoidable. She does not have the tools to function on her own, and even a group home where residents have a bit of autonomy, like holding jobs may be too much.

I think the father and daughter may have ditched the Knorpps instead of the other way around. I noticed they never showed him on camera, and he may not have appreciated them filming his daughter. Road-tripping with them would have meant a camera in both of their faces.

13.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Nanette @ 27/4/2024, 19:47) 
    They’re failures as parents. Pearl is visibly limping and Eve…..

My friend has a daughter a year or two younger than Eve, who also has Downs Syndrome. She goes to regular public school, is involved in extracurriculars, and has a friend group of her own. Thinking of Eve’s future actually makes me angry because all of this was avoidable. She does not have the tools to function on her own, and even a group home where residents have a bit of autonomy, like holding jobs may be too much.

I think the father and daughter may have ditched the Knorpps instead of the other way around. I noticed they never showed him on camera, and he may not have appreciated them filming his daughter. Road-tripping with them would have meant a camera in both of their faces.

Totally agree. Have they even thought about what the future holds for Eve and Pearl? They were lazy not enrolling her in a special school which would have given her the chance to meet other children and take part in activities other than hanging around the house. Of course this would have meant the Knorpps getting up early in the morning and instead of Nutmeg taking her hourly walk she would have had to drop and pick up Eve which would have messed up Meegans full day of travelling miles to buy endless crap from a charity shop.

14.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (grandmaanne @ 27/4/2024, 19:12) 
    What should have been a lovely day was spoilt by Meegans mass hysteria, I'm sure my family would tell me to calm down in no uncertain words. Meegan's behavior is absurd, and Micky encourages it. Poor Eve, I'm certain her mother's shrieking didn't help. Eve is now a teenager and no longer the cute kid she was. The Knorpps should not be relying on the rest of the family to take care of her.

The food looked awful it looked like dish water with half a boiled egg floating in it.

Indianapolis did look like a lovely city, I wish our cities (UK) were as clean and immaculate

They ate at a ramen bar and what they had was very typical of western ramen dishes. They are based on authentic Japanese dishes of noodles cooked in a broth, with vegetables, meat or fish - very often they will include a boiled egg.

15.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (HoneeB @ 27/4/2024, 21:17) 
    QUOTE (grandmaanne @ 27/4/2024, 19:12) 

They ate at a ramen bar and what they had was very typical of western ramen dishes. They are based on authentic Japanese dishes of noodles cooked in a broth, with vegetables, meat or fish - very often they will include a boiled egg.

Ramen is one of my go-to easy dinner comfort foods. The broth is usually pretty hearty, there are vegetables, too, with meat or tofu as well. (I’m talking real broth here, not the packets that come with noodles.) The egg is my favorite part. One of my ‘pandemic projects’ was to boil a lot of eggs until I got exactly the right timing to ensure a cooked, but still jammy, yolk.

When you don’t have to commute, there’s no end to the projects you can attempt!

887 replies since 23/12/2023, 02:12   123280 views