It was in his contract of the sale
    He also could not start up a similar company for X # of years after he left

2.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (DookiesGlasses @ 30/12/2023, 15:51) 
    It is common
    My relative sold his company and had to stay there one year

Exactly. He likely has a non-compete which is why he isn’t actively working. He was likely prepping for his next business or venture.

3.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (DookiesGlasses @ 30/12/2023, 15:51) 
    It is common
    My relative sold his company and had to stay there one year

yea obviously noncompete agreement is very common if the CEO does not want to be part of the new company. But him leaving in a year is not out of a contract in my opinion. Also, whatever was the reason, sitting idle at home at only 40 did not serve him good. I'm sure Elon Musk has enough money to retire but even he chooses to work. I mean, look what not working and not having a purpose in life has done to Jen.

4.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The new company almost never wants old leadership beyond the transition period where they need them to get their own team up to speed. It creates all kinds of issues. First among them is divided loyalty. New leadership often wants to do things in a different way and rank and file employees may look to old leadership person for guidance instead. People are paid well for the non-compete time and they are increasingly limited in most states. 2 years used to be very common. Now it’s generally no more the 6 -12 months. In his case I would think 12 months. It’s a good opportunity for the person to relax, regroup and plan their next venture.

5.     +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I'm pretty sure if not Tens herself, someone in her circle looks up Jen's video and/or reads at the bakery. It's extremely odd Tens is not making any not-so-obvious post to clear up if Jen is actually creating all these drama to tarnish their names.

Edited by Oatley - 12/30/2023, 04:07 PM

6.     +39   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Oatley @ 30/12/2023, 15:44) 
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 30/12/2023, 15:24) 
    Don didn't "lose his job". His dad sold the company and he stayed on, probably at a very generous salary. That is very common in these types of sales. Also, it usually is set in a contract for ___ number of months with an agreed upon exist timeline and payout.

Yes it's common to stay on after a small company being acquired but what's not common is his leaving within a year. I was part of a small start up which got acquired by a large corporation. The CEO of the start up, along with the core team, still remained in the large corporation to this day. They generally acquire a small company for its specific niche and they tend to retain the staff and the primary person whose brainchild that small company was, in order to retain that niche. I think Don leaving just in a year was not envisioned when poopsue sold the company. And if there was no niche knowledge Poopsue's company had to offer, then why take that position anyway if Don was planning to retire soon and has money to live on? Makes no sense.

Actually, the timeline of Don leaving (with a lot of money!) fits perfectly for the type of acquisition this was, from my experience with M&As.

As for Start up acquisitions, it varies massively. The Board of the company/ companies acquiring the start up sometimes want the whole C-suite to stay for, say, 5 years ( if the financial projections show this is when the start up will start making significant profits, or it is due to be listed, or if a patent is due to be granted etc) and sometimes they want to clear the decks and bring in their own very experienced C-suite, from day one of owning them. Let’s also not forget that often big corporations buy start ups only to shut them down so, the whole C-suite is gone within weeks.

Since this is Jen’s thread, let’s not lose sight of the best thing about this acquisition. Jen did not and will never see a dime of the shitloads of money Don and the Rosses made. You know that is eating her up every day. She had those kids for the pay check, only to realise she could have had a much bigger one, if she stuck it out for a bit longer.

That gold digging asshole got played.

7.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ZizizouzouTWO! @ 30/12/2023, 16:07) 
    Yes it's common to stay on after a small company being acquired but what's not common is his leaving within a year. I was part of a small start up which got acquired by a large corporation. The CEO of the start up, along with the core team, still remained in the large corporation to this day. They generally acquire a small company for its specific niche and they tend to retain the staff and the primary person whose brainchild that small company was, in order to retain that niche. I think Don leaving just in a year was not envisioned when poopsue sold the company. And if there was no niche knowledge Poopsue's company had to offer, then why take that position anyway if Don was planning to retire soon and has money to live on? Makes no sense.

Actually, the timeline of Don leaving (with a lot of money!) fits perfectly for the type of acquisition this was, from my experience with M&As.

As for Start up acquisitions, it varies massively. The Board of the company/ companies acquiring the start up sometimes want the whole C-suite to stay for, say, 5 years ( if the financial projections show this is when the start up will start making significant profits, or it is due to be listed, or if a patent is due to be granted etc) and sometimes they want to clear the decks and bring in their own very experienced C-suite, from day one of owning them. Let’s also not forget that often big corporations buy start ups only to shut them down so, the whole C-suite is gone within weeks.

Since this is Jen’s thread, let’s not lose sight of the best thing about this acquisition. Jen did not and will never see a dime of the shitloads of money Don and the Rosses made. You know that is eating her up every day. She had those kids for the pay check, only to realise she could have had a much bigger one, if she stuck it out for a bit longer.

She also went through the trouble of conceiving a second time thinking Donnie would be the future CEO, but there is no company to become CEO of 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

QUOTE (ZizizouzouTWO! @ 30/12/2023, 16:07) 

I know atleast 5-6 start ups where the core technical team plus the CEO stayed for over a decade and continued to do the specialized thing they used to do. It depends on the objective of the acquisition.

8.     +35   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ZizizouzouTWO! @ 12/30/2023, 09:07 AM) 

happy-17039493685199

9.     +39   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Tens has gone out of her way to lock down her social media and keep the kids off the school social media (where they were regularly shown until she married Don). If they are dealing with a very serious health issue in the household, which I believe they are based on everything in Jen’s past 3-4 videos) then she has her hands full with focusing on her husband and her 3 children. She doesn’t need to set the record straight on all the “Don was abducted by aliens and is having a baby in Bora Bora” theories.

Too bad Jen is so thirsty for attention that she is making someone else’s serious personal challenges all about her and stirring up a storm. All she had to say is, plans have changed and I’m not going to be traveling this winter. The kids and I are fine though. Then go about making her crappy office reorganization videos. The End. But that won’t get the narc her supply, so here we are.

10.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 30/12/2023, 16:19) 
    Tens has gone out of her way to lock down her social media and keep the kids off the school social media (where they were regularly shown until she married Don). If they are dealing with a very serious health issue in the household, which I believe they are based on everything in Jen’s past 3-4 videos) then she has her hands full with focusing on her husband and her 3 children. She doesn’t need to set the record straight on all the “Don was abducted by aliens and is having a baby in Bora Bora” theories.

Too bad Jen is so thirsty for attention that she is making someone else’s serious personal challenges all about her and stirring up a storm. All she had to say is, plans have changed and I’m not going to be traveling this winter. The kids and I are fine though. Then go about making her crappy office reorganization videos. The End. But that won’t get the narc her supply, so here we are.

Holy moly! She says she'd do a planner/scrap journal review in two weeks. She'd spill the beans! We just need magnifying glasses to decipher her handwriting 🤣🤣🤣

11.     +14   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Ok, my turn for speculation and fan fiction:

I’m still on the Don needing a fusion/major back surgery train IF it’s not Jin just being an asshole and overreacting at having to parent her damn kids. I can see Don needing that surgery somewhat unexpectedly and Jin saying that she saw it coming (perhaps because he was in so much pain, which would explain her glee). When a relative of mine had a significant spinal fusion, he was released into a rehab facility for several weeks for intensive physical therapy and learning how to walk/move more carefully (which I guess would be occupational therapy?). He was away from home for months and only released when he was able to achieve certain benchmarks. Nothing would keep Don from seeing his kids at the facility except that Jin is an asshole who wouldn’t want to take them to do so, but they definitely wouldn’t be able to stay with him until he was back home. Jin could — and likely is — talking about the worst-case scenario where the rehabilitation/recovery takes the max.

And if she’s acting this way — so smug and like the cat who ate the canary — when the father of her children is in such agony, then she’s even more reprehensible than even I thought. As Jin would say, that definitely tracks.

The most likely scenario in my mind is still just the 7/7 split, but if there’s something else, I bet it’s Don’s back. I’m sure that she requested he reimburse her for her lost “races” in this scenario, so she gets those Don $$$ back plus extra for taking the kidlets full time? We know how much Jin loves money. She just hasn’t allowed herself to face the reality of 24/7 actual parenting yet; all she can see is the $$$ bonus. When she does, we’ll see her nosedive into that deep spiral of despondency. I’m here for it!

TL;DR — Jin is a pitiful excuse for a human being.

12.     +25   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 12/30/2023, 11:19 AM) 

This. T is very obviously not Jen and isn't living her life for an audience.

13.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Yes so far since she has taken them, it was quickly Christmas, then off to FL again. Wait until the mundane of everyday hits and she is working around their schedule for her precious ME time for weeks! She will lose her shit!

14.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    My main issue with the back surgery explanation is that those types of surgeries are often planned ahead. My husband had two spinal fusions and in each case the surgery was scheduled in advance - and I don’t think that 12/23 would have even been considered for someone who celebrates Christmas (my husband does not). Not saying there aren’t plenty of emergency back surgeries that come up suddenly, but I wonder if they are the exception.

Obviously I’m only speaking from personal experience, but it seems like the kind of sudden, clear the schedule, health emergency that crops up just before Christmas might be something other than back surgery.

So I’m on the fence between either health/legal emergency for Don or else Jen just making it appear like something really bad is happening when it’s not, perhaps travel. But Jen was absolutely glowing with happiness during her word of the year video, so there is that.

15.     +25   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Yes, Jen has always had a block of solid me time right around the corner. She never really parented, just kept the kids somewhat busy until she was off mom duty. It always felt like putting in time. Most of their time is off playing with each other.

She also has no support system. Her parents seem useless when it comes to babysitting and she has no friends that she can drop the kids at in a pinch, or seemingly even connections to friends of the kids that they could visit.

The kids only have each other and are totally unsupervised with Jen. On top of that they will be missing their dad, Tens and her kids. Their only time with friends will be at school, cause Jen doesn't extend herself to meet other families at the SK. They have a lot of challenges ahead of them if they truly are stuck there for months.

I feel sorry for them - way too many ways Jen will snap and they'll suffer for it.

903 replies since 27/12/2023, 19:00   103565 views