« Older   Newer »

1.     +7   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group
    Burning My Neck with Bacon Grease at Waffhoe House

Status
    Anonymous
    Hmm the caretaker argument is a good one I must say. I guess when you are wealthy it probably is better to have someone staying in your house rather than leaving it empty. My step grandparents did that with their lake home. The next-door neighbors were full timers, but they had a college aged son. He stayed at the lake house (it was a tiny house. 2 small bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen, and a sunroom which was used as the living room). He got his own space. He only paid utilities. He lived there for free, but was responsible for upkeep of the home and general maintenance.So like pulling weeds, mowing the small lot, snow removal, etc. Also if something like a roof leak happened he was there to report it asap and then he could be there to make sure the work was completed. Plus their homeowner's insurance was much cheaper if it was fully occupied rather than sat empty. Anyway, they just told him when they wanted to use the house and he packed a bag and walked next door for the weekend once or twice a month in the summer. Not a bad gig. If meg and Justin have arranged something similar that's kinda smart in their situation. I'd assume a house of that size would come with a small stipend as it's a large house with a lot of yard to upkeep and such.

2.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Ms Mac @ 11/3/2024, 21:27) 
    QUOTE (antsinmypants @ 11/3/2024, 21:13) 
    The frame she used for Molly’s picture sticks out like a sore thumb with the rest of the decor in that house. It’s obvious that the house came furnished regardless of what their rental/caretaker situation is. Her decor is always so tacky and childish. That house is absolutely gorgeous. I would also like to cosplay as a rich person and live there for a few weeks 😅

It’s bizarre to see her adding Easter decor to a house that isn’t theirs. That whole video was a sham to make them appear better off than they actually are, it’s just so strange. Vibes were OFF.

Agreed. She was very careful with her words so as not to allude to the actual situation but made a point of saying they had been there since the fall. The photo of Molly had been thought out. It wasn’t just a whim to film that day. I guarantee her and Justin had many conversations about how to come back to YouTube without addressing where Molly is. The little ornaments in the pots are not Meg’s style at all. Nothing that I saw was Meg’s style. I think she is playing house. Whether viewers think they own or rent, it looks like her and Justin are doing great financially, which is exactly what she wants us to think. In the opening shots of her making the bed, she showed the lake out the window in a not so humble brag. It’s very obvious to me they are relying on YouTube for the income. The faceless channels they have aren’t making the money that Love Meg did. They’re testing the waters with this new vlog, seeing if they can come back to YouTube without the stress. The new video is getting more views than any of their other videos did. They think they can film some very basic vlogs and viewers are going to be falling over themselves to watch.

I kind of had hope for her when I didn’t see the kids anywhere but alas they were there at the end of the video. Probably back from school. These exploiters never change.

3.     +5   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CattyWampus @ 11/3/2024, 20:30) 
    Does this house have staff quarters cuz that's where she's probably living...

It's just a 4BR 3BA 2600 square ft house
    Not a house with staff quarters
    I still think they are renting a furnished house- the family moved overseas

4.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I saw more than 2 kids on the big float on the lake. Maybe Billy and her parents are living there too helping with rent?

5.     +14   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I'm cooking dinner in my own kitchen, in a house I own (well pay mortgage on). How in the world does she think we would fall for her obvious lie of renting that house? She's not giving the kids stability either. Same old Meg...trying to appear rich when she's not.

6. couchpotato
        +11   Like  

User deleted

She repeated multiple times how now she doesn’t rely on YouTube for money so she can just vlog whenever she likes, and also tried to imply that they’ve owned the place (or at least lived here) for a while now…

Odd that it’s a rental, considering how she talks about it and decorates it…

7.     +11   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (CattyWampus @ 11/3/2024, 20:30) 
    Does this house have staff quarters cuz that's where she's probably living...

Maybe the butler's pantry 😂

8.     +9   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    If she doesn’t need YT money and is only doing it for the fun why on earth is she reposting super old videos? I’ll say though she looked good, much better than in the past.

9.     +10   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She knows, she doesn't need to persuade us here, she just needs to persuade as much customers as possible. The goal is, as usual, short term. Right now she needs as much as views as possible and quick money. She still has a decent base and she is lying to it.

Long term, she will have to lie much more. She can't stay forever in this house. She doesn't want to confess that she is in dire straits. And that is stupid. Coming clean, apologize and start over honestly could've been much better content. Definitely more stable long term.

But it is Meg. She will nevere ever have her McMansion life back. Only Meg will try to conceal that making video parading in the house even more unreachable than her 'dream house'.

10.     +8   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (Luki @ 12/3/2024, 16:46) 
    She knows, she doesn't need to persuade us here, she just needs to persuade as much customers as possible. The goal is, as usual, short term. Right now she needs as much as views as possible and quick money. She still has a decent base and she is lying to it.

Long term, she will have to lie much more. She can't stay forever in this house. She doesn't want to confess that she is in dire straits. And that is stupid. Coming clean, apologize and start over honestly could've been much better content. Definitely more stable long term.

But it is Meg. She will nevere ever have her McMansion life back. Only Meg will try to conceal that making video parading in the house even more unreachable than her 'dream house'.

This comeback was definitely very well planned, she had to have the beautiful house (albeit it’s probably a rental), look her best and show off that she’s living her best life, mentioning that she just went to Orlando for 2 weeks (fuck off haters I can still afford Disney), everything was very calculated down to showing her kids having fun with friends (she was always criticized because those kids where alienated from the outside world).
    She did a great job though, I enjoyed the video! And the house is stunning (minus some horrible decor).
    Loved how she’s a minimalist now lol, we all know she wanted to buy ALL THE CRAP from ALL THE STORES, but she needs to cut down on that due to a low budget and the fact that she doesn’t know what the future holds and she might need to get rid of it all again.

11.     +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Wasn't she "minimalist" too in the rental before the McMansion?
    She wasn't minimalist then and she isn't minimalist now. She's just plain old broke.

12.     +5   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (Svea Skog @ 12/3/2024, 17:35) 
    Wasn't she "minimalist" too in the rental before the McMansion?
    She wasn't minimalist then and she isn't minimalist now. She's just plain old broke.

Was she? I don’t know lol, that was a looong time ago when I used to look forward to her videos! She used to be much more relatable back then, (well as 99,99%) of ytbers who then make it big and turn into different people.
    Meg will never be a minimalist at heart, she just doesn’t have it in her, buying stuff for these people is like a drug, the more the better, when it gets too much they just get rid of it, rinse and repeat, they try to pass it off as decor and the fact that they love to decorate. People who TRULY love to decorate collect pieces here and there for YEARS and they just don’t dispose of it willy nilly. When she “moved” oversea (eyeroll) she could have just put the stuff in storage.
    She’s definitely testing the waters, if she makes big numbers again I’ll guarantee the hauls will be much bigger🤣
    And hey Meg! You probably repeated that meditation scene over and over🤣
    Gosh, she reminds of a much more famous Meghan and her “comebacks”😂

13.     +4   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Her new recent vlog - at Casa Lakefront has 44k views
    That is astronomical
    Show us more Meg

14.     +12   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I’d be surprised if she gets any more views. She abt at her limit😂 then again ppl are probably still watching the train wreck and laughing 😂🥰

15.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She only posted the new video to get people over to her channel. She’s going to continue recycling old content reruns as long as she can make money for zero effort.

1009 replies since 1/1/2024, 20:13   157693 views