LightsAreOnThanksToDonButNobody'sHomeLikeJen Pt. 440

« Older   Newer »

1.     +28   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    They rarely use the dining room. Why not make that a playroom/tv room with a cozy couch to watch movies. She could put her regular table where that stupid glass table is now. Then make the fireplace room a cozy sitting area/livingroom. She doesn’t even need that big empty “ballroom”. What a stupid house.

2.     +12   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (UtahFootBath @ 1/4/2024, 06:53 PM) 
    She's still angry about having hosted Thanksgiving eight years ago! She said she wanted them to feel catered to. No awareness that it was basically the one day of the year she made dinner for Don. It never crosses her mind oh, wow, since I'm feeling resentful about this, I wonder how I made Don feel.
    If she has had her kids for a few weeks now, wouldn't this be the most consecutive 'mom duty' she's had in years? If so, it would be the hardest thing she's ever done. Bertha doesn't want to hear her viewers sob stories! She doesn't care if you work a double shift and have kids with special needs and can barely pay your bills. She has to make tacos every Tuesday!

This may be the longest time she's had both of them on her own. It would be an adjustment for any normal mother. It is a change going from having a built in break to no break at all. But, a normal functioning human and mother would be able to adapt. Because ya know, they are a mother. This is going to be something that she vaguebooks, journals, and talks about for years to come.

3.     +8   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Casual Cruelty @ 5/1/2024, 01:16) 
    QUOTE (Taxidermied Winnie @ 5/1/2024, 01:02) 
    When she turned the RM1 living room into a playroom for the kids, I saw the wheels coming off the minivan. The house looked more like a daycare gone wild than a cozy home & she seemed majorly depressed. With all their resources, it was shocking she didn’t hire more help in the home. Then boom… the divorce video.

To think she could’ve saved her marriage if she would’ve only hired a nanny and got on some Zoloft.

FULLY AGREE 💯💯💯💯💯

4.     +29   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I’m not sure it’s fair to liken kids going to their other home to a stint at a hotel. My stepdaughter was 50/50 for 10 years before choosing to live with us full time. Each week she went to her own bed, in her own room, in her own house with mom or her own house with dad, where she had her own clothes, things, favorite toys, dishes, toiletries, blankies, etc. Always with unrestricted access to an iPad to FaceTime the other parent whenever she wanted to.

A lot of 50/50 parents go above and beyond to intentionally limit the amount of things a kid has to carry from place to place. So respectfully a kid going to spend time with their other parent is not in and of itself some disruptive thing like a weekend in an unfamiliar hotel without all your comforts and things that feel like home. It is recommended that you don’t refer to one place as “home” and minimize the other parent as something less than. A therapist specifically said to always say “your home with mommy” or “your home with daddy”

The general opinion of the courts (supported by studies) is that having both parents involved and exercising 50/50 custody is better for the child. Yes ultimately having both parents in one home is ideal, but when that’s not reality for many families I don’t think it’s fair or right for the kids to have less access to one parent due to logistics when both parents want to be involved equally.

5.     +34   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen’s house is merely a hotel where the kids are required to stay at to kill time until they can go home to their family. The way she treats them there is not conducive to a welcoming home where they look forward to going. Even Jen can’t stand being there.

6.     +24   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I keep getting this ad and everytime I think it's Jen.
    Attached Image
    Screenshot_20240104_190059_Chrome

7.     +6   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (D**'sGlowUp @ 5/1/2024, 02:43) 
    I’m not sure it’s fair to liken kids going to their other home to a stint at a hotel. My stepdaughter was 50/50 for 10 years before choosing to live with us full time. Each week she went to her own bed, in her own room, in her own house with mom or her own house with dad, where she had her own clothes, things, favorite toys, dishes, toiletries, blankies, etc. Always with unrestricted access to an iPad to FaceTime the other parent whenever she wanted to.

A lot of 50/50 parents go above and beyond to intentionally limit the amount of things a kid has to carry from place to place. So respectfully a kid going to spend time with their other parent is not in and of itself some disruptive thing like a weekend in an unfamiliar hotel without all your comforts and things that feel like home. It is recommended that you don’t refer to one place as “home” and minimize the other parent as something less than. A therapist specifically said to always say “your home with mommy” or “your home with daddy”

The general opinion of the courts (supported by studies) is that having both parents involved and exercising 50/50 custody is better for the child. Yes ultimately having both parents in one home is ideal, but when that’s not reality for many families I don’t think it’s fair or right for the kids to have less access to one parent due to logistics when both parents want to be involved equally.

Girl, even if both places are home, welcoming and loving it is still difficult and work. Always picking what to bring/try not to forget etc, different rules, discipline, schedule etc. It is change every single week. Why aren’t you living like that right now? For the next year? How about the next 18 years? Acknowledging it’s disruptive doesn’t have vilify healthy, involved parents.

Of course, where appropriate, maintaining strong relationships with both parents is important and beneficial. But let’s not pretend there aren’t drawbacks and that the child doesn’t bare the brunt of going back and forth.

8.     +16   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Yes there are drawbacks and it’s not easy. Nothing in my post says it’s easy, but it’s better than the alternative of seeing one parent less. It gets a little easier with households who work hard to align on rules, discipline, schedule and making sure kids don’t have to pack anything because they have everything in both places. This of course is just my opinion and experience.

Jen obviously is not someone I think is making it comfortable, aligning with the other house, trying to keep schedules or rules consistent, or intentionally working to make sure the kids have to pack and ferry less crap back and forth.

9.     +29   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Jen hasn’t grown at all. In this day and age influencers make mistakes. Stuff pops up from when they were younger. They misspeak.
    All she had to say was “I used this phrase because I didn’t know what it means. I’ve listened and educated myself and I understand my privilege and why this was offensive. I will do better”

I mean she would rather die but

10.     +13   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The Ex Mr Tens seems to be involved with his 3, he was at the wedding celebration, he was there at Halloween when the girls were all cats. I imaging he sees them a lot and perhaps the kids are at his home when Chubby Chin has her stints. I think 7/7 is better than 2/5 5/2. Some kids are fine nomatter what, some kids need therapy. I think Chin would benefit with going ti family counseling with Charlotte and Dawny, as well as being on her own with a real, NO BS therapist. Not one she can call weekly or lie to.

I just hope everything gets better for all of them, no matter her ridiculous respect my privacy crap.

11.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (JustAverageJane @ 5/1/2024, 03:04) 

It's too close to be a coincidence. The advertiser algorithms have image recognition built in. There are other ads that pop up on here that look like Jen, too.

12.     +20   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Divorce is so hard on kids but sadly often necessary. Not for Jen though. She did it to her kids on a whim.

They'll mention if it becomes a problem.

13.     +10   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I take every opportunity I can to say how much I hate that house and office, and here's another chance!
    QUOTE (RikkiJones @ 1/4/2024, 08:33 PM) 
    They rarely use the dining room. Why not make that a playroom/tv room with a cozy couch to watch movies. She could put her regular table where that stupid glass table is now. Then make the fireplace room a cozy sitting area/livingroom. She doesn’t even need that big empty “ballroom”. What a stupid house.

14.     +28   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (JustAverageJane @ 5/1/2024, 03:04) 

Do you know how much time I’ve spent trying to click the “x” to close your screenshot??!! 😂😂😂 Ya got me and yes, totally gives off Jin vibes!!!

15.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (HampTens @ 1/5/2024, 02:26 AM) 
    QUOTE (Taxidermied Winnie @ 5/1/2024, 01:02) 
    When she turned the RM1 living room into a playroom for the kids, I saw the wheels coming off the minivan. The house looked more like a daycare gone wild than a cozy home & she seemed majorly depressed. With all their resources, it was shocking she didn’t hire more help in the home. Then boom… the divorce video.

I personally liked the first floor playroom set-up for the kids at RM1. With their age, I could see it being easier having a big play space on the first floor vs the basement. There was a lot of natural light and could have been easier to not have them going up and down to the basement to play, and then back up for meals, potty, and naps. I liked the furniture in it and set-up. With the kids ages now, the basement play space is more appropriate at RM3. When they moved in there, I don’t know why she just didn’t make the ballroom a play space too if she was not going to buy furniture. With her money, why she couldn’t spend money on temporary furniture is beyond me.

I think Jin should have stayed at RM1 too.

I totally agree with it being shocking that she didn’t hire more help from the time CC was a newborn - part-time nanny, personal chef, etc. She had the cleaning staff, Don, family to come help, and kids at the SK by 18 months, so she did get substantial help that many do not get or have. She also had no financial concerns. I think she had bad post-partum depression and anxiety in addition to preexisting issues, and I still hope she can get help for the sake of her kids.

Not sure a personal chef would have helped. :smiley-face-making-cocktail:

936 replies since 4/1/2024, 01:06   135498 views