« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Her kids are adorable.

Why do all of these YouTubers have a lamp on their kitchen counters? I've never seen anyone do that and I think it's dumb. Just add under cabinet lighting if need be. Another pet peeve of mine is diffusers in the kitchen. I'm not sure why, but it irks me every time.

2.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Snarky1 @ 25/4/2024, 01:13) 
    Her kids are adorable.

Why do all of these YouTubers have a lamp on their kitchen counters? I've never seen anyone do that and I think it's dumb. Just add under cabinet lighting if need be. Another pet peeve of mine is diffusers in the kitchen. I'm not sure why, but it irks me every time.

I'm with you on this.

3.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    LOL

I have my grandmother's old pickle jar full of buttons she's saved from the 1800's until about 1920 - that my father turned into a little lamp on my kitchen counter. Love the little soft ambient light, and love that the women in my ancestry are all strung together through time and space.

4.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Lamps on kitchen counters are the thing, right now. To me, they are a safety hazard, especially if your GFCI outlets aren't working flawlessly. I'll stick with under cabinet lighting. You can buy kits that are affordable, easy to install and use and many are renter friendly, too.

Why doesn't Kelly unload her island, flip it over and cut the legs shorter? All she needs is a tape measure, a pencil and a saw. It's not rocket science. That simple fix would make it function better for her.

I see her blowing so much money on a garden, an esthetic clothes line and other shit, while her base mounding is still not up in her house. That is another job that she could do, herself. Measure, cut to length, nail it in place. If she wants a more ornate look, she can buy and cut lengths of narrow, decorative trim to cap her baseboards, or even put them an inch or two above, then fill the nail holes, caulk, fill cracks and gaps, and paint it all to match. Instant extra style, and not expensive, or difficult to do. Let me guess, brilliant Homeschooling Mama can't measure and cut a 45° angle for inner and outer corners? If she can't figure it out on her own, there are about five million videos on YouTube that can teach her how.

Those decayed porches and stairs should be taken down! Some idiot is going to try to walk on them, one day and Kelly is going to get her stupid ass sued. I'm surprised that she can get homeowner's insurance with those rotting messes attached to her home.

5.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The overall condition of that place is for shit. I can’t figure out how the sliding glass doors got so scratched up like that. It makes me wonder if that abused dog she took in was in her ex-husband’s custody and it lived there and scratched the glass all up.

6.     +5   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    I love the idea of the family heirloom lamp but in general lamps do not belong in the kitchen counter at all. It seems like they would get gross and they are definitely a hazard and they're in the way.

Just use the light above the stove like everyone else lol.

7.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Lighting is an issue in my kitchen, mostly because there is no window in it. I have nightlights on the back wall, and I love them. They put out the right amount of light, they are not in the way, and they look really nice because they are balanced on either side of the cooktop.

8.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I have GE brand under cabinet lighting my son and I installed. It's programmed to dim before bed time (for low level night light) and gets bright again in the morning. Easy peasy to install. It can also be motion activated if you don't want to pair it with a smart device.

9.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (nptod @ 25/4/2024, 23:24) 
    I have GE brand under cabinet lighting my son and I installed. It's programmed to dim before bed time (for low level night light) and gets bright again in the morning. Easy peasy to install. It can also be motion activated if you don't want to pair it with a smart device.

I do like lights under the cabinets. We have a new build and that was on my wish list. They're even inside our cabinets. Yours sound really nice!

10.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I wouldn’t want a light with a shade on my counter because of the real estate it takes up. Not only that but the shade will hold onto odors, grease and other splashes and stains. As I said before, she should scour Facebook market place for a cheap kitchen bakers rack. Put it close to an outlet. Move her coffee crap and the light over to that and free up counter real estate.

I also like the suggestion up thread that someone had of shortening the kitchen island. She should do that too.

11.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Shopaholic @ 4/25/2024, 05:50 PM) 
    I do like lights under the cabinets. We have a new build and that was on my wish list. They're even inside our cabinets. Yours sound really nice!

Thank you, we like them! We have trim under our cabinets too so you can't even see the light fixtures, even if you are sitting down. I really like how once we installed them and programmed them, I've never had to think about them again as far as turning on/off. And they're LED with 3-4 light temperatures/colors, so they should never burn out.

12.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I have a small lamp in my kitchen. It’s on the opposite side of the room from the sink so I don’t worry about that. I just like the little glow it gives off. We also have under the cabinet lighting but I don’t use it very much.

13.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ID**’tEatSugar @ 26/4/2024, 19:20) 
    I have a small lamp in my kitchen. It’s on the opposite side of the room from the sink so I don’t worry about that. I just like the little glow it gives off. We also have under the cabinet lighting but I don’t use it very much.

I honestly don't use mine either lol. I wanted it but only use it occasionally.

14.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Ours are motion detected, so they come on everytime we enter the kitchen.

I'd like to upgrade to the rechargeable strips though. Less electricity.

15.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Marking my place

597 replies since 9/1/2024, 20:25   22317 views