XO, MaCenna Pt. 2

« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    The way she is acting about this kitchen reno, and the rush to get it all done makes me think she never got full creative control before. I'm guessing her mom had a big role in the choices that went into "the cottage". Otherwise why the stick-it-to-them adittude? Her grandiose behavior around Romeo as the camera is rolling makes the chaotic episodes even more nauseating.

2.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I don't understand why she wants corbels to "support" the range hood. I don't see the vision, especially with ones so big. And to consider not cleaning them up and refinishing them seemed like an awful idea. At least Romeo wasn't going to let her get away with that. He's the one who does the cooking and I'm sure he wondered how much crusty paint would get into the food.

What's going on with the nursery these days? She hasn't shown that for a month it seems.

3.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    She’s not eating the paint or breathing paint dust from the corbels in their current state. Lead isn’t a concern for me how she’s handling them in the video. With that being said, she has absolutely no business refinishing them. Almost certain there would be lead somewhere in those layers. Romeo, or a contractor, needs to be responsible for handling that job. They definitely need to be stripped. While I don’t mind old paint that’s shabby, I only like it when the job had been done well initially. Those corbels had been painted so sloppily in the past. Probably painted dirty too. They looked nasty. I thought they were way too big as well. I think Romeo does too.
    Her hunt for a damn light fixture is nauseating!! Gurl, for the amount of time/money you’ve driven all over california, you could have ordered one for less out of Buckingham Palace. It’s not that hard. I could find her one right now, used or new, that would look fantastic in that kitchen. She’s making sourcing her fixtures way too hard. Maybe she needs to outsource to Drew. He could get it done in one swoop.

I also think she isn’t going to be happy with her big dining table in the kitchen. I can’t help to think it’s going to look very, very odd. She should make that front room her large dining room and her kitchen with an island for seating and maybe a small sitting area with side chairs in the corner.

4.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MamaB @ 4/24/2024, 09:34 AM) 
    Her hunt for a damn light fixture is nauseating!! Gurl, for the amount of time/money you’ve driven all over california, you could have ordered one for less out of Buckingham Palace. It’s not that hard. I could find her one right now, used or new, that would look fantastic in that kitchen. She’s making sourcing her fixtures way too hard. Maybe she needs to outsource to Drew. He could get it done in one swoop.

I also think she isn’t going to be happy with her big dining table in the kitchen. I can’t help to think it’s going to look very, very odd. She should make that front room her large dining room and her kitchen with an island for seating and maybe a small sitting area with side chairs in the corner.

Agreed, she is spending way too much time on a light fixture. She should be focusing on countertops and backsplashes and "make do" with a fixture she can find online.

From what she's done previously, like the huge chairs she originally was going to put in the front room and the furniture in the nursery, she has a very poor sense of scale. I think the 7-foot table she wants is going to take over the kitchen.

5.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status

6.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Hit'n the pavement @ 18/4/2024, 16:31) 
    QUOTE (BettySue @ 4/17/2024, 09:56 PM) 
    Has she ever said anything about her and Romeo getting married?

She addressed it by saying it wasn't important to them.

She's protecting her wealth from him. Can't say I blame her.

7.     +6   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    She ALWAYS uses insert hoods?? I guess its true even though she only did it once before. But I guess its something you can say when you are a 'designer'..

8.     +10   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    She got pretty spicy and defensive in her Q&A. Acted like, “whatever would we do with more than 3 bedrooms? Who needs all that space?!” when her mom and stepdad basically live in a stylized warehouse 🙄🙄

9.     +7   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ShadyLampLady @ 27/4/2024, 12:59) 
    She got pretty spicy and defensive in her Q&A. Acted like, “whatever would we do with more than 3 bedrooms? Who needs all that space?!” when her mom and stepdad basically live in a stylized warehouse 🙄🙄

The tone to some of her responses was interesting. SHE chose the questions, so why have an attitude about it - she could have easily just answered different questions.

I think that SHE thinks she's being fun and sassy. Unfortunately it came across as defensive and snappy.

The other day YouTube recommended one of her earlier videos to me. It was a Livestream she did from the Texas house, and if I recall correctly, it was like a live Q&A (and she did some floor projects on camera). Her demeanor, voice, mannerisms were COMPLETELY different! She still did all the silly squealing and stuff, but she was so much more down to earth and likeable.

I wasn't following her when she first started the cottage, so to see the way she was vs. now was pretty eye opening for me, and I have a better understanding of what people mean when they comment on her personality change.

10.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Poopiepants @ 4/25/2024, 04:36 PM) 
    QUOTE (Hit'n the pavement @ 18/4/2024, 16:31) 
    She addressed it by saying it wasn't important to them.

The TX and LA house are both in her name only! But the issue is both states are communal states meaning that if she resides in TX and he can prove he was living with her as husband and wife he can get half, although TX seems to be a bit less strict than Cali. In Cali it doesn't matter if they ever marry or not or if the house/mortgage is in her name only he can take half of everything including alimony if he makes less than her. Everything she acquired in both states he can go after but not being a TX resident he would most likely get nothing, however in Cali where they reside he can go after everything.

The up side for Romeo is that nothing is in his name so he has no responsibility to repay that Range Rover or mortgage he can always walk off ask for nothing and be free of any debt. Marriage at this point doesn't matter when it comes to protecting her finances Cali sees it as joint.

11.     +4   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Hi all,

I'm new here, I normally don't comment on forums like this but I had to say something about the Corbels!

It kind of made me feel some type of way because if you guys remember she did a video when she went to Texas and they were touring her moms studio. Her mom originally was the one who wanted corbels to break up the space and I believe on another vlog the mom was showing Macenna pictures of corbels and she didn't like them.

I think Macenna stole her moms idea of the corbels and started incorporating it into her own design. In a way it is her moms idea/design and Macenna just took it and ran with it, not giving her own mom the credit.

Idk what do you guys think, it did rub me the wrong way. Just be honest about it and say your mom inspired you to add corbels under your hood instead of taking her idea.

12.     +1   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Dollar Tree Queen of Dallas @ 4/30/2024, 11:43 PM) 

The TX and LA house are both in her name only! But the issue is both states are communal states meaning that if she resides in TX and he can prove he was living with her as husband and wife he can get half, although TX seems to be a bit less strict than Cali. In Cali it doesn't matter if they ever marry or not or if the house/mortgage is in her name only he can take half of everything including alimony if he makes less than her. Everything she acquired in both states he can go after but not being a TX resident he would most likely get nothing, however in Cali where they reside he can go after everything.

The up side for Romeo is that nothing is in his name so he has no responsibility to repay that Range Rover or mortgage he can always walk off ask for nothing and be free of any debt. Marriage at this point doesn't matter when it comes to protecting her finances Cali sees it as joint.

California is indeed a community property state but you have to be married. There are no cohabitation rights. Community property and common law marriage are not the same. If Romeo's name isn't on any of the deeds or mortgages he is entitled to nothing. But as you said he's also not financially responsible for any of the debt.

California Unmarried Couples Rights
    There is no common law marriage in the State of California. This means that if two people live together, there is no statute that confers the rights of married couples upon them.

Finances
    According to the State of California, two people living together who are not married are two separate and distinct individuals with respect to finances. No bank accounts, investments or savings accounts will be jointly owned. If anything is held jointly, it will be divided equally in the absence of any other legally recognized agreement. No alimony will be available to either party if the couple splits, however, if there is a child, a partner will be entitled to child support.

Property
    If an unmarried couple owns a house, or other substantial property together, it will be divided equally upon separation. If only one person is listed as an owner, but both partners have contributed to the payments, the partner not listed on the property will need to seek legal counsel to attempt to claim part ownership in the property and a court of law will make a final decision regarding the division of that property.

13.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (sweet.tea @ 1/5/2024, 00:53) 
    Hi all,

I'm new here, I normally don't comment on forums like this but I had to say something about the Corbels!

It kind of made me feel some type of way because if you guys remember she did a video when she went to Texas and they were touring her moms studio. Her mom originally was the one who wanted corbels to break up the space and I believe on another vlog the mom was showing Macenna pictures of corbels and she didn't like them.

I think Macenna stole her moms idea of the corbels and started incorporating it into her own design. In a way it is her moms idea/design and Macenna just took it and ran with it, not giving her own mom the credit.

Idk what do you guys think, it did rub me the wrong way. Just be honest about it and say your mom inspired you to add corbels under your hood instead of taking her idea.

If you pay close attention, she does this with EVERYTHING. She steals ideas or "inspiration" from others and passes it off as her own. It is really interesting to observe.

14.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Dollar Tree Queen of Dallas @ 30/4/2024, 23:43) 

So, she's just another woman being led on by a man and pretending she doesn't want more. Sly Romeo is fat with all that free milk!

15.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    She found her light fixture! Lots of eye flutters, moronic giggling, and an absurd amount of unnecessary detail. Thank goodness it’s done so hopefully we won’t have to hear about again. Well, at least until it’s debut for the kitchen reveal.

Edited by MamaB - 5/3/2024, 04:05 AM

483 replies since 25/1/2024, 17:24   89747 views