« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    She she just seems like a normal first time mom who hasn't had much (if any) first hand experience with babies. I was very much the same. Had no clue, was bumbling around looking at all the stuff you're supposed to need wondering if it was the right thing to get. We don't have baby showers like Americans do and I was the first in my friend group and in my family to have a baby so experience was limited.

2.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Nefarious DisneyPrincess @ 7/4/2024, 11:07) 
    She she just seems like a normal first time mom who hasn't had much (if any) first hand experience with babies. I was very much the same. Had no clue, was bumbling around looking at all the stuff you're supposed to need wondering if it was the right thing to get. We don't have baby showers like Americans do and I was the first in my friend group and in my family to have a baby so experience was limited.

Yeah, maybe. But I also was a clueless first timer and didn’t have baby experience. BUT, I’m very much Type A and seeing how particular she was with the Texas cottage and her design tastes, I would think she’d be Type A in every aspect of her life. I certainly am. I did a TON of research to prep myself for having a baby (and even then the change was so monumental I struggled).

I really do think she’s putting on the dumb happy-go-lucky clueless persona and acting unprepared so she can get free baby stuff/sponsorships. She is probably going to try to transition to a lifestyle channel and feature mommy/baby vlogs.

3.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    I just watched Lone Fox's new video. It's about setting up his booth in an antique mall, anyhow... While he was packing up the items he was putting in the booth (at his house) MaCenna's candle was front and center the entire time. It was unlit but had been burned previously but just for a short time as it had only gone down maybe a quarter inch or so. There was no mention of her candle line... it was just sitting there... largely unused, clearly not part of the stock going into his booth. He did discuss the designer whose candle line is similar to MaCenna's and that he is carrying her items in his booth and on his site.

It felt really odd... Because anyone who follows MaCenna would know it's her candle. And for those who don't... a partially used candle with all of the stock/items he has up for sale that did not make it to the final reveal. I wondered for a moment if he was going to stock her candle in his booth. But nope. It's just odd. And he stages each shot so intentionally... nothing is ever out of place. So he intended for his viewers to see her candle.

Thoughts?

4.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Sadie16 @ 7/4/2024, 21:40) 
    I just watched Lone Fox's new video. It's about setting up his booth in an antique mall, anyhow... While he was packing up the items he was putting in the booth (at his house) MaCenna's candle was front and center the entire time. It was unlit but had been burned previously but just for a short time as it had only gone down maybe a quarter inch or so. There was no mention of her candle line... it was just sitting there... largely unused, clearly not part of the stock going into his booth. He did discuss the designer whose candle line is similar to MaCenna's and that he is carrying her items in his booth and on his site.

It felt really odd... Because anyone who follows MaCenna would know it's her candle. And for those who don't... a partially used candle with all of the stock/items he has up for sale that did not make it to the final reveal. I wondered for a moment if he was going to stock her candle in his booth. But nope. It's just odd. And he stages each shot so intentionally... nothing is ever out of place. So he intended for his viewers to see her candle.

Thoughts?

She may have asked him to carry it and he said no that he already had a candle vendor and maybe said he would show hers. Which he did- no need to offer up the designer. He would want to plug the candles he is carrying , not hers. The 1st time he smelled it, he said it smelled like perfume. That was enough for me . Drew was gracious and took a nice way out of it. I haven't seen any good reviews about them. she is probably seething over him opening a booth, working on His home & his views surpass hers. I think he is distancing himself somewhat from her. You distance yourself from a drowning man when they are consistently flailing around, constant yelling & no sign of gaining ground. It's best to just swim away so they don't pull you under. Plus, their lives are on different courses.. I'm sure her vlog in the future will go motherhood & lifestyle.

5.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mrs Beasley @ 4/8/2024, 12:27 AM) 
    She may have asked him to carry it and he said no that he already had a candle vendor and maybe said he would show hers. Which he did- no need to offer up the designer. He would want to plug the candles he is carrying , not hers. The 1st time he smelled it, he said it smelled like perfume. That was enough for me . Drew was gracious and took a nice way out of it. I haven't seen any good reviews about them. she is probably seething over him opening a booth, working on His home & his views surpass hers. I think he is distancing himself somewhat from her. You distance yourself from a drowning man when they are consistently flailing around, constant yelling & no sign of gaining ground. It's best to just swim away so they don't pull you under. Plus, their lives are on different courses.. I'm sure her vlog in the future will go motherhood & lifestyle.

I am still curious about his intention of having it in his video. Maybe an Easter Egg of some sort? I do think it's a bit of an insult that he showed it barely used. I'd think the reuse of the empty vessel would have been more of a subtle plug. But barely burned makes me think it's a warning, lol.

I do agree that he is out pacing her in all areas... number of videos and views, pop-up shop/antique booth, home renovations, etc. I mean... he even got a baby before she did! Winston is pretty stinking cute

6.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Yup lone foxs' antique booth is super impressive. Xomckenna has missed the opportunity to market all the pieces she has dumped in the shed in Texas. Of course the place she couldn't possibly spend too much time as she is no where near a supermarket.or civilisation.
    Do.you think having online businesses are having a hard time in the coast of living crisis????
    Lone fox works so hard. Does it all himself.

7.     +1   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    For those who were curious about Macennas candle appearing in his video recently - also a lil local info from someone who visited his booth

8.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I enjoyed watching Drew set up his booth. Hope he is realistic about his prices. By the sound of it, he may be reaching too high. $1600 for a pair of sconces will turn a lot of shoppers off. I don’t think MaCenna could sell her stuff. She enjoys the hoarding way too much to part ways with most of her treasures. I also don’t think she could manage even the smallest booth for more than a couple of months or so. She would get bored with it and let it go.

9.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MamaB @ 4/8/2024, 04:46 PM) 
    I enjoyed watching Drew set up his booth. Hope he is realistic about his prices. By the sound of it, he may be reaching too high. $1600 for a pair of sconces will turn a lot of shoppers off. I don’t think MaCenna could sell her stuff. She enjoys the hoarding way too much to part ways with most of her treasures. I also don’t think she could manage even the smallest booth for more than a couple of months or so. She would get bored with it and let it go.

I was a bit amused by the stall in the background when Drew was talking to the camera. It was so jam-packed with lower-priced items. Drew's stall looked so curated and high-market in comparison. I wonder if most of the stalls are more low-cost items.

From what I understand, you pay a fee to have your items displayed and rung up. You would have to come in every week or so to replenish and refresh your stall. It's not an intense hands-on kind of place.

MaCenna gets bored easily, it seems. I think she's bored with the Abandoned Cottage in Texas. I wonder why she never addresses plans for the place, it gained her so many subscribers and she was so passionate about it. Now, not a mention of it. I'm only subscribed to her main channel now, but my feed does show her vlogs so I watch to see if I missed anything.

I haven't.

I keep hoping she'll address the Abandoned Cottage in Texas (ACiT). I won't hold my breath. It's going to be baby, baby, Baby! from here on in I suspect.

10.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I don’t subscribe to any of her channels anymore. I have given up on her return to working on the TX cottage. If she ever does, so much time will have passed that it will be time to redecorate/update. Lol.

Vendor malls can have different rules/restrictions. I think Drew said he pays a monthly rent and a commission for each sale.

11.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Hi I'm new here and I would like to say that MaCenna is one of those sickening pregnant women! You are not the first and definitely won't be the last to have a baby. Sheeeeesh!

12.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Every woman's pregnancy is important and special to them, no one thinks they're the first person to be pregnant, it's such a weird comment.

13.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She's excited about having a baby. Nothing wrong with that.

14.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I'm about a week behind. She's "tacking home projects". I haven't read the comments, but I'm assuming many people have told her about the typo.

15.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (GoodGalBang @ 12/4/2024, 12:30) 
    I'm about a week behind. She's "tacking home projects". I haven't read the comments, but I'm assuming many people have told her about the typo.

Did you enjoy her "tacking home projects" video where she finds a way to really putter around and not do anything really, for a 30 minute video? All I remember from that video is her getting a hose and watering those half-dead-on-last-leg impatient flowers... And her talking about doing the arches but then not doing them. 🤣

476 replies since 25/1/2024, 17:24   88222 views