CrownedAthleticMoreLikeCrownedPatheticJen Pt. 445

« Older   Newer »

1.     +45   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (pinksims @ 1/31/2024, 05:44 AM) 
    Secondly, it's not his fault that she keeps booking non-refundable out-of-state activities that cost thousands of dollars when she could be called upon to be an actual parent at any moment. It's a hugely risky thing to do to spend that amount of money on being away from your kids when your kids are so young, and then not expect, occasionally, for those things to have to be cancelled.

This got me thinking about Jen and uncertainty.

I was diagnosed with OCD a couple of years ago. For me, it's way different than it's popularly portrayed*. The biggest lightbulb moment was that OCD is fundamentally about intolerance of uncertainty.

Jen's found these organized, repetitive activities--RunDisney, Fake Everesting--which provide not only routine, but a guarantee that this will happen then, followed by this, ending with that. Even having her rumpus vehicle gives an air of certainty to her camping "adventures". No matter where she goes she's surrounded by her stuff and her stank and it helps her feel secure.

It's funny that she's said she's not a planner. The thing with plans is, they have to be flexible. Jen doesn't plan because a plan isn't a guarantee. If she can't buy a guarantee, then she doesn't bother. Because that's all she can tolerate.

This stood out to me the most during the Alaska Cruise recap (link), particularly excursions and transport to/from the ship. She is obsessed with what could go wrong. IMO that's why she buys the Disney excursions and transport - her brain needs the guarantee. Money isn't a real thing to her in any case, she's always had a surplus. What's a little nonrefundable G here and there?

And then of course, there's her refusal to parent. Kids are the ultimate uncertainty.

That's my tangen-tally of the morning :muffin_emoticon_pack_by_rezzle:

tl;dr Jen is rigid.

*I'll add to that in my case, OCD has been very treatable. Obviously that depends on what else you've got going on in your brain, but it's not necessarily a big scary life-ruining thing. Just in case anyone reading is scared of meds/therapy coughjencough

Edited by WhereDoesDaddySleep - 1/31/2024, 08:55 AM

2.     +32   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    So when her bunion explodes and her hip cracks in TWO! during one of her stupid Disney wogs, and she needs emergency surgery, will she reimburse Don and Tens for their expenses? I’m sure her recovery time will be longer than his space flight.

3.     +26   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (WutJen @ 1/31/2024, 07:27 AM) 
    I just found a video of hers from 12yrs ago. I noticed she was a hoader even then...who needs 3 rolls of tape on a desk, multiple scissors...geez how many gift wrapping bows does she need?!

Also why did D*n have to move his office to the basement?! That upstairs office was large enough to have a "his" and "hers" side, etc. D*n could've had that corner desk area, while Jen could've used the Winnie prep station for her own desk - then for Winnie to be washed, she could've used any shower in the house - she seemed to have made her life always unnecessarily harder than it should be.

I also felt like she had too much time on her hands then, and would spend time just shopping. Why hire a maid when she could've used that time to clean her home herself and probably save a ton of money. She could've used her channel for even homemaking AND organizing...even then I just felt like she just wasted so much time.

In fairness it was a huge finished basement with a little kitchen and fridge and pool table and projector and anything he could want to be away from her while working. Why share an office if you don't have to? Also, she made some hilarious snarky videos back in the day about why they used maids, it was allegedly to "help the economy" which was so cringy and disconnected and quintessential Jen. It would have been far less interesting if she had just said "What's the point of being rich if you still have to clean toilets?" a la Lisa Barlow, aka Baby Gorgeous, queen of the Real Housewives of SLC.

She also did use OrganizedLikeJen as a homemaking channel and then MyHouseWifeLife was her vlog channel. She would post videos about baking and cleaning her hot tub and ordering $1500 fake Christmas trees and how many bins you could fit in your car from the Container Store in addition to organizing. But she truly had so much damn time on her hands even though she thought she was busy busy busy! The shopping is what brought me to her channel if we are being honest. Her hauls were wild, the shit she would spend money on a whim (like a $2000 hand painted LV bag that she saw once in a store window) but then would wear the same exact Target tank top for days in a row or drive all over town with 20% off coupons going on and on about getting a deal.

Back then Jen was just young and sheltered and introverted. Now she is middle aged and sheltered and bitter.

4.     +29   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    WhereDoesDaddySleep A very interesting statement on OCD. I can totally see it now, the people with checking the locked doors, lining things. like pencils, up just so. And it explains the spiral when her RIGID, NON PLANNED activities don’t work out. Like the nephews wedding. The reaction to full time mothering. The hiking, even though she goes to new to her places, she follows the same routines. She searches for places with hiking, she can always hike. She branched out to food tours, because she loves to eat. Group tours seemed safe, so she can do more. Your explanation describes her perfectly. Breaking Winnies spirit to suit her, that worked. Being pregnant, but Oh No! Charlotte was breech and no amount of standing on her head or whatever changed it and she was FORCED into motherhood via C section. Dawny had reflux and acted like a baby! She could not control either of them, giving up was the only solution. As they grow up, it really throws her off, always changing, no matter how hard she tries to keep them babies.

She really is a mess, mentally and physically. And thanks to her oversharing all the time, everyone knows it.

5.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (JenuinelyUnorganized @ 1/31/2024, 09:10 AM) 
    WhereDoesDaddySleep A very interesting statement on OCD. I can totally see it now, the people with checking the locked doors, lining things. like pencils, up just so. And it explains the spiral when her RIGID, NON PLANNED activities don’t work out. Like the nephews wedding. The reaction to full time mothering. The hiking, even though she goes to new to her places, she follows the same routines. She searches for places with hiking, she can always hike. She branched out to food tours, because she loves to eat. Group tours seemed safe, so she can do more. Your explanation describes her perfectly. Breaking Winnies spirit to suit her, that worked. Being pregnant, but Oh No! Charlotte was breech and no amount of standing on her head or whatever changed it and she was FORCED into motherhood via C section. Dawny had reflux and acted like a baby! She could not control either of them, giving up was the only solution. As they grow up, it really throws her off, always changing, no matter how hard she tries to keep them babies.

She really is a mess, mentally and physically. And thanks to her oversharing all the time, everyone knows it.

The breach example is a good one. Made me think of when she convinced herself that the gender blood test was wrong and got an elective ultrasound (starts at 11:45, gender talk at 13:19 this video - she actually talks about the uncertainty creating anxiety :blink:)

6.     +22   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    🙄

IMG_4481

7.     +29   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group
    Wandering the globe, searching for my identity

Status
    Anonymous
    So everyone should change themselves just to suit you, Jen? Maybe what they should change is having anything to do with you.

8.     +38   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Exactly, every single other person moved on and left you behind. The problem is you.

9.     +28   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Why SHOULD anyone respect her?

10.     +40   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    the problem is that she never considers the fact that other people also have feelings and those feelings may be different than hers. the whole world is supposed to bend to Jennifer. definitely part of the reason why she is always alone

11.     +47   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    So happy to be away from those pesky kids.

IMG_4482

12.     +17   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Those wrinkles. Wow. She's aged 20 years since Don left her.

13.     +12   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (WutJen @ 1/31/2024, 07:27 AM) 
    I just found a video of hers from 12yrs ago. I noticed she was a hoader even then...who needs 3 rolls of tape on a desk, multiple scissors...geez how many gift wrapping bows does she need?!

Also why did D*n have to move his office to the basement?! That upstairs office was large enough to have a "his" and "hers" side, etc. D*n could've had that corner desk area, while Jen could've used the Winnie prep station for her own desk - then for Winnie to be washed, she could've used any shower in the house - she seemed to have made her life always unnecessarily harder than it should be.

I also felt like she had too much time on her hands then, and would spend time just shopping. Why hire a maid when she could've used that time to clean her home herself and probably save a ton of money. She could've used her channel for even homemaking AND organizing...even then I just felt like she just wasted so much time.

Honestly, if I had their/ her money I wouldn't be cleaning my house. I'd have a volunteer gig at my local Y, though.

And we don't call them *maids* here in Maine. They are *cleaning ladies* - respected, well paid and often a well guarded secret so they aren't *stolen away* from your job.

14.     +23   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ahh, her theatre uniform with that fugly, dated cowl neck sweater. Will the pirate boots make an appearance??

15.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous

900 replies since 28/1/2024, 17:14   109902 views