RosesAreRed,VioletsAreBlue,Here'sALessonJen-TheProblemIsYouLikeJen Pt. 446

« Older   Newer »

1.     +24   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 2/5/2024, 03:21 AM) 
    I don't think I would be able to casually accept that I may need a hip replacement as she did. She is willing to sacrifice anything to keep her disordered eating.

She is willing to get a hip replaced before fixing her bunion. The bunion and her gait when she runs because of the bunion is the reason she will need a hip replacement.

2.     +37   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Anyone else watch the stupid Grammys? I could go on, but seeing Taylor Swift snub Celine Dion presenting the award, plus that extreme hunchback, her OMG you guys awkwardness, etc, I can see why Gene :to-quote-smiley-emoticon: likes her 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 I seriously don't understand her appeal (to adults) or why Gene went to the extreme of buying not one but two guitars and a bazillion guitar picks besides she's a delulu shopaholic

3.     +24   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    About the Jill topic: I always assumed they were your typical 70's / 80's parents. Not all cuddly-kissy and "let's talk about our feelings" type; because that just wasn't the generation to do that. But probably decent parents with a decent sense of discipline, values, and your typical focus on career, "stuff" and materialism, which was the norm back then. Love was expressed by buying expensive toys and going to Disney. I think Jen is a product of that generation, although obviously on the extreme end of the spectrum lol Most of us ended up alright. But you can't deny that most of our generation's parents weren't quite as warm and expressive and in tune with feelings as would be expected from today's parents. And many had their issues as well. But we weren't raised to dwell on it and complain.

My parents never threw me big birthday parties with all my classmates either. Some parents did it, but not even every year. I think a couple of classmates had this once or twice, and the rest didn't at all either. It was mostly cake with close family and that was it. It was fine. I never minded and I still think that was perfectly fine.

I think today's birthday parties are often ridiculously over the top. But I'm obviously the minority in thinking that. I guess it depends on the school or area, but sometimes it really feels like a competition to see which parents will throw the most money at it and be the most original and over the top. I also think a lot of people underestimate the responsability of inviting 20 or more kids to something you're organizing, even if it's at a different location and catered by a business. You have the risk of kids getting hurt, and you will most likely than not have to deal with arguments, disagreements that can turn into full blown issues. One kid once fell and hurt her knee + ripped her pants where she fell, she cried and cried, Jesus Christ, the amount of stress and guilt you feel. She kept blaming another kid, and that kid swore high and low that it wasn't true, while a third kid blamed another one. The mess! Her knee was bleeding, she wouldn't calm down. I was lucky the mom didn't make a big deal out of it, but there are parents who go all nuts in such cases. I kept thinking "our parents didn't put themselves in such situations, and damn right they were."

Can any of us really imagine Jen dealing with something like that? I don't think so. Maybe it's a good thing that she knows herself at least well enough to stay away from big scale birthday parties full of children, because she wouldn't be able to handle it. And you all know it's true.

I've put myself through it a couple of times. I didn't enjoy it one bit, but at least my children loved it and still have fond memories of it. But if I may be completely honest: I wish it wasn't such a thing these days so there would be no such social pressure to spend money and put yourself through stress level 10 just to please your kids, when in fact, the simple cake and close family parties we had back in the day were perfectly fine as well.

/ end of rant 😂

4.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Jen might be bummed Reputation tv wasn’t announced. Oh well.

5.     +14   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    In a van, across the street from the heart home.

Status
    Catching up on the q&a. What princess wears saphire blue? :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

Gene, you might want to check your roof for squirrels.

I wonder how many of the questions she answers thinking they are from one of us.

Edited by BannedInUtah - 5/2/2024, 11:32

6.     +41   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Starbucks is fast food, Jen.

7.     +15   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Lucky_Me @ 5/2/2024, 15:33) 
    Starbucks is fast food, Jen.

Not if it takes longer than 7 minutes for them to get her order ready, that’s not fast enough therefore it’s not fast food #JenLogic

8.     +13   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BeautifulLittleBonBon @ 5/2/2024, 03:00) 
    QUOTE (CherieRose @ 2/5/2024, 02:28 AM) 
    She has to be eating constantly for comfort.

Food is her only friend.

Hey now, she has her car, her Peloton, all her stuffed friends!

Crazy she won't consider bunion surgery for at least 9 more years. By then the hip and the knees will need replacing and maybe back surgery. Fix your bunions now!

9.     +9   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SoProudOfMyself @ 2/5/2024, 09:20 AM) 
    QUOTE (BeautifulLittleBonBon @ 5/2/2024, 03:00) 
    Food is her only friend.

Crazy she won't consider bunion surgery for at least 9 more years. By then the hip and the knees will need replacing and maybe back surgery. Fix your bunions now!

You Rang 😎
    She should fix them now the longer she waits the longer the healing time and it will be harder to get all those extra pounds off. She can't think about fixing them until she has that magical perfect RunDisney season and fixing them would mean she could woggle without pain and she think exercise = pain.

10.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Great thread title. Perfect for valentine's day.

11.     +17   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (FixTheBunion @ 5/2/2024, 16:42) 
    QUOTE (SoProudOfMyself @ 2/5/2024, 09:20 AM) 

You Rang 😎
    She should fix them now the longer she waits the longer the healing time and it will be harder to get all those extra pounds off. She can't think about fixing them until she has that magical perfect RunDisney season and fixing them would mean she could woggle without pain and she think exercise = pain.

her perfect season this year was already ruined by major don on the first manned trip to uranus. no time like the present.

12.     +62   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    Just a preview...she's scrapbooking the cake mix box she used for Donnie's cake. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Percolating.

13.     +14   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bespoke Poop Shovel of Vitriol @ 5/2/2024, 17:24) 
    Just a preview...she's scrapbooking the cake mix box she used for Donnie's cake. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Percolating.

Memory keeping, not for Dawny, but to show she is a perfect mother. Will she print pics of her mixing the ingredients, frosting, and the adding of the whole jar of reused sprinkles? Maybe she will show him blowing out candles for the gram?

14.     +27   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bespoke Poop Shovel of Vitriol @ 2/5/2024, 10:24 AM) 

Percolating.

giphy-17071507285613

15.     +13   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    In a van, across the street from the heart home.

Status
    Did she scrapbook the box of the mix she used for the other one?
    I'm sorry, donny, you're no longer an heir so you get a cheap cake.

889 replies since 5/2/2024, 00:51   117696 views