RosesAreRed,VioletsAreBlue,Here'sALessonJen-TheProblemIsYouLikeJen Pt. 446

« Older   Newer »

1.     +11   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I'm a Lashify convert and haven't worn mascara in a couple years, but when I did I only wore tubing (Thrive Causemetics).

It's so weird to me that Jen now acts like she hasn't the faintest clue about makeup when she used to have SO MUCH and would put on a full face every day.

2.     +45   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    If only Jen would put a fraction of the effort she put into running, into motherhood instead :10:

3.     +33   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    She's not a mother she's a part time babysitter ... I believe that

4.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Free CC @ 10/2/2024, 11:31) 
    I can't think of a single time she's done anything one on one with either kid. Especially her daughter.
    That's weird af, right?

Some of my favorite memories with my Mom, and I'm going to really date myself here as a Gen Xer lol, were going shopping at the mall and getting an Orange Julius together. Going to a movie and lunch. Her being my Girl Scouts leader. Etc.

She's just never going to do anything with CC, is she? She's never going to treat them as individuals. It's so odd and sad!

Having Donny around too is the only way she (barely) tolerates Charlotte . Otherwise, she really can't stand her.

5.     +39   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    My memories with my mom were doing what Jen does alone. We went to see musicals and ballets in the city and then out for a special dinner ... Dressing up, holding her hand crossing Michigan avenue, eating at the walnut room, seeing the nutcracker or sleeping beauty, going to the candy counter at basement of marshall fields now Macy's, taking the pedway.

It really is strange that she doesn't seem to do that with Charlotte

6.     +40   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Jenny hates Charlotte. And when Charlotte figures that out, she will bring down fire and brimstone on Jenny’s tiny bald head. It will be, as Jenny likes to say, EPIC.

7.     +13   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Splurgysplurge @ 10/2/2024, 20:16) 
    My memories with my mom were doing what Jen does alone. We went to see musicals and ballets in the city and then out for a special dinner ... Dressing up, holding her hand crossing Michigan avenue, eating at the walnut room, seeing the nutcracker or sleeping beauty, going to the candy counter at basement of marshall fields now Macy's, taking the pedway.

It really is strange that she doesn't seem to do that with Charlotte

Kudos to your mom on doing some fun outings like those!

I feel so sorry for Charlotte because she is so cute, and this is a great age to start doing those type of outings.

8.     +13   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SingHo!toDons2ndWife @ 10/2/2024, 19:28) 
    If only Jen would put a fraction of the effort she put into running, into motherhood instead :10:

I mean… she doesn’t run. She wogs. Which is the bare minimum needed to finish the race.

She neglects what her body is telling her just like she neglects her children’s needs.

Then she just buys all the junk to disguise how lacking she is a mother. Just like when they go on cruises and she’s always buying stuff for her kids to just leave there.

She’s also doesn’t look like a runner, just like how she doesn’t look like a mom.

I dunno… seems like she’s pretty subpar at both. :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

9.     +17   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    There's basically nothing in her life that she ISN'T subpar at.

Stuffing her face, maybe.

10.     +13   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Natural Single Mother @ 10/2/2024, 21:37) 
    I dunno… seems like she’s pretty subpar at both. :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

Nobody is confusing Jen for an elite runner lol. Her relationship with her children would benefit greatly from the time and effort that she is willing to devote to running.

11.     +26   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Personally, I think her kids would benefit from her complete absence from their lives.

She isn't capable of loving them (or anyone), and even if she pretended better, they'd know.

12.     +34   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She could drop Donny off at Grandma's while she and CC go to tea or go shopping or go to a play. Then next week CC goes to grandma's for the day while Jen and Donny go do something fun.
    But Jenny doesn't know how to do anything fun with a child. And maybe Jill doesn't want to spend the day with her grandchildren.

13.     +38   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I think she hated being replaced as princess but simultaneously made herself into a bizarre martyr who couldn't leave Charlotte for an entire year or take a bath and then for no more than an hour at a time

The she tried to create this scenario where Charlotte only wanted her

Then that all backfired because Charlotte absolutely fell in love with her dad and since toddlerhood has literally glared at Jen silently at every opportunity

I think Jen is scared to death of her

Now it's just sad
    Charlotte clearly doesn't know how to act around Jen and seems to tip toe around and sort of tolerate her

Damn it sucks to be Jen

Sending your tall naturally slender beautiful and hair lottery bestowed daughter to go off and
    live the life you want with the family you lost on repeat

14.     +24   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Free CC @ 10/2/2024, 11:31) 
    I can't think of a single time she's done anything one on one with either kid. Especially her daughter.
    That's weird af, right?

Some of my favorite memories with my Mom, and I'm going to really date myself here as a Gen Xer lol, were going shopping at the mall and getting an Orange Julius together. Going to a movie and lunch. Her being my Girl Scouts leader. Etc.

She's just never going to do anything with CC, is she? She's never going to treat them as individuals. It's so odd and sad!

My mom was my bff (within limits, she still was a parent) and I still want to run to text her when something good or interesting (or bad) happens. That's one of the hardest things to get over after losing her. I enjoy DishGate and Shrimpgate have that kind of relationship on here.

I hate that Charlotte won't know what that's like w her own mom, but hope that she has a good female role model to share things with when she's an adult.

I know not everyone here has a good mom experience, but I hope you all have a bff to vent to.

15.     +29   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    It’s past 8p where I am, and my neighbors are still out with their ~4 year old playing a raucous game of basketball.

Imagine being 8 with a 7p bedtime and hearing the neighbor kids still out playing.

889 replies since 5/2/2024, 00:51   117765 views