« Older   Newer »

1.     +9   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (UtahFootBath @ 6/4/2024, 18:42) 
    Jen might have all the scones she can eat, but Tens has the heart home and Suzanne.

Ouch! :smoking-smiley-face:

2.     +41   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    My son is a toddler. Sometimes he has tantrums in public. It sucks! And although I'd prefer to not deal with them, the only way to make that happen would be to avoid taking him anywhere. I don't want him to be 7 or 8 or 10 and not know how to act in public. So, I soldier on occasionally being the mom everyone is looking at because my kid is screaming and flailing around. I would be failing as a mother and failing him if I just avoided all the hard parts of parenting. The fact that she can't deal with them is embarrassing.

3.     +15   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Millennium Falcom @ 4/6/2024, 08:58 AM) 
    Didn't she admit to her secret birthday cruise eventually? In a live or something?

Yeah, back in December during her live. That's why she's so brazen about announcing having a higher status than the kids. She doesn't have to lie anymore! What a weight off her shoulders!

#entry463902878

4.     +25   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen always had issues with anything unpredictable, which is where some of her weird ways have come from (backups of backups, walking pharmacy, repetitive behaviour). Kids are, in lots of ways, a control freak's nightmare. It's no wonder her marriage imploded once she had to think about kids as well as herself.

5.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Am I misremembering or did the kids go on a Disney cruise with the real Ross fam? Wasn't that why she booked the first one, to do it before they did? Did I hallucinate that? If so, they are all gold.

6.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Poor Beefy Gene. She made Gold on completion of her last cruise. Well, the Circumstances are now gold, because they completed 5 cruises with the Gavelstun sailing. She is gonna need 4 more before she is once again better than the Circumstances. Doing it as Concierge, no discounts on those cabins, ever. At the port there might be upgrades, but I doubt it. She will be paying for 2 people in the cabin, because that is what they do. Of course, she eats enough for 3 adults, I was surprised she did not order at least TWO! aps and TWO! entrées at each meal. Fuel, yanno. She could skip the extra desserts as there are sweet treats, free self serve, and room service 24/7 most days. And as she has admitted, she took full advantage.

Her pay me to allow you to listen to my self indulgent talk, my verbal diary as I call it friends, some of them must be catching on. Most of them are too stupid to realize they are just giving her pocket change.

7.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    In a van, across the street from the heart home.

Status
    I know it's not disney but if Gene saw this, it'd would break her heart! :hearty-laugh:
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMHMAWrG/

8.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (PowderRoomCandy @ 7/4/2024, 15:33) 
    Am I misremembering or did the kids go on a Disney cruise with the real Ross fam? Wasn't that why she booked the first one, to do it before they did? Did I hallucinate that? If so, they are all gold.

Maybe you've eaten to much poo poo covered candy. I don't think D&T took them on a cruise, they were at a resort in Mexico.

Who takes a delicate flaky plain crossiant on a hike? Take a few granola bars just in case.

9.     +16   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    :hearty-laugh: I keep coming back to the stark contrast of stunning St Lucia or a trashy Disney cruise -- I know which one I'm picking! :thumbs-up:

10.     +13   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Just a Tensleigh blue shovel with ALLLLLLLL the vitriol.

Status
    QUOTE (WhereDoesDaddySleep @ 4/7/2024, 08:28 AM) 
    QUOTE (Millennium Falcom @ 4/6/2024, 08:58 AM) 
    Didn't she admit to her secret birthday cruise eventually? In a live or something?

Yeah, back in December during her live. That's why she's so brazen about announcing having a higher status than the kids. She doesn't have to lie anymore! What a weight off her shoulders!

#entry463902878

Ah, yes. The cruise she wouldn't admit to for the longest time, during which she felt very celebrated with her cheese cart.

F.R.E.A.K!!!!!

11.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Most cruise lines have special children's activities, not just Disney, not Disney prices either.

12.     +21   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    And all cruise lines make guests feel special. That's part of the cruise experience and a way the employees get extra (well deserved) tips. She's been on one cruise line obsessively so she has nothing to compare it to. She could be cruising different lines every time she's free of babysitting duties instead of walking around alone eating croissants. She's doing rich lady all wrong.

13.     +35   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    ok why does she keep posing with croissants. does she think it's cute :confused-smiley-emoticon-1:

14.     +34   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group
    At the airport, getting away from these kids and the mausoleum

Status
    Anonymous
    Beefy doesn't do marathons outside of Disney. She doesn't do theme parks besides Disney (I'm not surprised as she's not interested in the essence of the theme park experience - rides). She doesn't even do jewellery that's not Disney these days... :snickering: I see no reason for her to cruise besides the Disney Cruise Line.

She's not even a big Disney fan. She's definitely not very knowledgeable when it comes to Disney. I'd argue she doesn't even make the average mark. It's just a safe brand to her and as other Bakers have pointed out in this thread: she doesn't like feeling unsettled. That's why she does Disney everything. It's not Disney itself, it's the bubble of personal comfort she has built around Disney since meeting Don. She's untethered without a personal support system (especially now that she's publicly naming and shaming her parents and only sibling) so she's left with Disney.

I'd pity her if she wasn't so horrible (but she is, she truly is). I will never ever shame or judge a friend of mine who's very into Disney but was orphaned in her teens, lost her remaining grandparent in her twenties, is quite introverted and shy. I get why she's so enthusiastic about her Disney park days. I'm always grateful when she texts me to see if I want to watch the newest Disney movie at the cinema with her. It's a safe bubble in which a happier part of her life resides. She's not hurting anyone. She's been in therapy for years. She's managing life really well (Masters degree, full-time job, own place, good hygiene, etc.). She just needs her dose of Disney comfort every once in a while. It's absolutely not the same for Gene. I wouldn't dare to compare their Disney experiences.

15.     +17   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She thinks she's quirky-cute but she is lame-fugly.

887 replies since 29/3/2024, 20:03   95054 views