« Older   Newer »

1. pinksims
        +16   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (withchildwednesday @ 24/4/2024, 14:50) 
    I had to put my dog to sleep last week--she was 18, it was not unexpected.

Anyway, so she's been gone for a week. My 8 y.o. son asked me to put one bed away the day we said goodbye because he did not want to look at it. I put her other beds away last night. The only reason I even kept them out was because we have another dog and I wanted to see if he was going to use them! It was terrible having them out, I kept waking up and expecting her to be in them. A year+ of keeping a dead dog's beds out cannot be mentally healthy and there is absolutely NO WAY those children are asking to keep beds and water bottles out as a reminder.

Also, the beds kind of stink.

I couldn't agree more. Part of the process of grief is accepting that the animal is gone, over the rainbow bridge, and that helps kids understand death and loss. Keeping the beds out months later would just constantly remind you and the children that the dog was missing, which never allows you to move on.

Of course it's typical of Jen though, The Queen of Not Moving On. Still talking about her ex, still blaming her ex, still visiting Utah like she has a reason to be there, still using the Ross last name, still hanging around the Disney parks like a bad smell. No wonder those dog beds are still out.

888 replies since 21/4/2024, 18:55   96240 views