Warning! A Rare Long Butted Balding Carnivore Found on the Beach. Dehydrated and Gaunt. Appears Demented. Keep Pets and Children Away! Pt. 94

« Older   Newer »

1. A.DoraBuhl
        +12   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Do not get me started on that shrimp she consumes. The creation of shrimp farms has a huge negative effect on the environment. Some 50 to 60 percent of the farmed shrimp from Southeast Asia and Central America comes from areas that used to be mangrove forests. These mangroves are destroyed to make way for shrimp ponds, but the destruction of mangrove forests releases massive amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere because mangrove trees store huge amounts of the gas in their roots and leaves as well as in the peat-like soil in which they grow. For every pound of shrimp produced in an ex-mangrove area, around a ton of carbon dioxide is released into the atmosphere
    One pound of shrimp = a TON of carbon dioxide. Read that again!

Thailand accounts for the majority of shrimp imported to the United States, and its system is rife with human rights abuses. In an investigation The Guardian found that a large portion of farmed Thai shrimp has been handled directly or indirectly by trafficked laborers. From 20-hour workdays to child labor and physical abuse, the stories are appalling. (the latter not limited to these shrimp farms)

Some of this seafood comes from as close as Canada, but it can also come from both farmed and wild sources on the other side of the world, where aquaculture standards aren't as rigorous as they are in the United States

A large number of shrimp samples from Vietnam and Bangladesh were found to have antibiotic residues in them. Some of these antibiotics have been banned for use in food products in the United States and others have been linked to cancer. On top of this, there's the worry that the liberal use of antibiotics in food products can lead to problems like antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Then she is eating the factory farm meat and drinking diet soda. I highly doubt she is buying cage free, antibiotic free eggs. What else does she consume? I have lost track of her whack diet. Suicide on a paper plate, is what I call it.

508 replies since 24/4/2024, 01:56   46891 views