Herpes on the lips and potato-shaped bagels. Becky, for Josh sake, do more kegels! Pt 32

« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mrs Manners @ 26/4/2024, 21:00) 
    A shiny new thread, thank you!

A random question I keep meaning to ask:

Has spinach ever featured in Becky’s abundant planting? It’s such a versatile vegetable. I suppose the sheer quantity you’d need to grow to make it a viable item for home freezing makes it less attractive to someone like Becky whose focus seems to be more on preserving everything. She really doesn’t seem to use that much of her homegrown veggies straight out of the garden. She talks about eating loads of salad in the summer, plus green beans and the odd courgette (zucchini!), etc but most things seem to be earmarked for squirrelling away as part of the many preservation projects.

(I could only take the smallest helping of her last video before giving up on the overload of repetition and indecision. I see she’s doing spring time desserts in her latest. No, thanks!)

That's what we were talking with my husband. How come she doesn't have a winter garden? You could have LOADS of stuff on the greenstalk alone (as I do). Imagine all the salads or cold hardy fresh herbs she could have. If it snows, then roll your greenstalks under the covered patio are or use a detachable hoop tunnel on the graves. She has Josh to build her those in a couple of hours to protect plants from the snow and/or frost. She just doesn't seem interested on eating fresh things.
    So much potential in that yard and so much misuse that is sad to see 😕

Raised-Bed-Hoop-House-Greenhouse_Rick-Stone_HF-1024x683

2.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Goomie @ 26/4/2024, 23:32) 
    I haven’t been able to get invidious to work for me since last night. I’M MISSING EVERYTHING!!! 😂😂

Invidious isn't working for me either. Boo!

3.     +6   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Squirrel! Jones @ 26/4/2024, 22:04) 
    QUOTE (Becky's Slippered Hooves @ 26/4/2024, 20:58) 
    TW for today's video : NSFP

SPOILER (click to view)
    because she butchers a pineapple

Are these giant rounds of pineapple stuck into her cake?!?! At first I thought flowers but they look like, as you say, butchered hunks of pineapple slices. What the actual fuck?

(IMG:https://upload.forumfree.net/i/fc12478384/...41619914613.jpg)

Dried thin cut pineapple slice. They wave so it looks like a flower

Has anyone noticed that the first pie crust has a HUGE lump of butter? 🫨

4.     +8   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group
    Banned

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (HomegrownBabies77 @ 4/26/2024, 09:47 PM) 
    Becks neighbor not her friend as she implies is questioning why this known internrt homesteaders is such an idiot in her own kitchen. Cake pans are cheap...seriously no fricking excuse. She should be really embarrassed 😳

I was just watching this cake episode, because I guess my work week wasn't torture enough.
    Thinking the same thing when she said she borrowed from her neighbour- borrowed to her means forgetting to return. Why B wouldn't check recipe re: required pans before she starts her F up cake vid. Don't answer.

Did you see her measure about 2 cups of coconut to decorate...then said probably too much, put some back, take more out and then say, maybe a bit more. OMG.

5.     +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mrs Manners @ 4/26/2024, 12:00 PM) 
    A shiny new thread, thank you!

A random question I keep meaning to ask:

Has spinach ever featured in Becky’s abundant planting? It’s such a versatile vegetable. I suppose the sheer quantity you’d need to grow to make it a viable item for home freezing makes it less attractive to someone like Becky whose focus seems to be more on preserving everything. She really doesn’t seem to use that much of her homegrown veggies straight out of the garden. She talks about eating loads of salad in the summer, plus green beans and the odd courgette (zucchini!), etc but most things seem to be earmarked for squirrelling away as part of the many preservation projects.

(I could only take the smallest helping of her last video before giving up on the overload of repetition and indecision. I see she’s doing spring time desserts in her latest. No, thanks!)

I'm really not so sure she eats that much homegrown salad - seems to mostly be mixes she gets from Costco, etc. I'm pretty sure they ate some fresh beans and peas last year - in fact didn't she shovel pounds of her Mom's gorgeous peas in her gob when she was over there for one video? I'm struggling to recall her showing a video where she harvested lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, beans and peas (and did she have radishes?) and toss it together for a fully gravestead-grown salad. Oh! She had carrots too.. but maybe those were a fall garden item. She could've done a fall sowing of lettuce and had more fresh produce to act as a side, but her homegrown 'fauxsteading' is only surface deep.

She puts the sham in shameful.

QUOTE (HomegrownBabies77 @ 4/26/2024, 12:47 PM) 
    Becks neighbor not her friend as she implies is questioning why this known internrt homesteaders is such an idiot in her own kitchen. Cake pans are cheap...seriously no fricking excuse. She should be really embarrassed 😳

Didn't she say she usually thrifts stuff like that too - she got all those 9x13 baking dishes for freezer 'mills' at GW or other thrifty places, not sure why she doesn't get some cake pans there to cover the variety of sizes she needs to ruin more desserts.

6.     +10   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    She destroyed that pineapple. You're supposed to remove the skin and then the eyes so it makes the flowers frilly. And she probably should have cut them so thickly

7.     +10   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She totally burnt that lemon cake. Her coconut cream pie didn’t set. The hummingbird cake looked awful. I feel sorry for the person that gets a splinter in their mouth from the skewers she snapped in half. Rustic does mean you make things look like shit. This was a video she made because she didn’t have any content to post. I bet everything went into her compost pile.

8.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Becky's Slippered Hooves @ 4/26/2024, 04:13 PM) 
    She destroyed that pineapple. You're supposed to remove the skin and then the eyes so it makes the flowers frilly. And she probably should have cut them so thickly

That looks SO much more appealing. Bex could never.

9.     +7   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group
    Banned

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ItsNotLazyItsGrace @ 4/27/2024, 01:25 AM) 
    QUOTE (Becky's Slippered Hooves @ 4/26/2024, 04:13 PM) 

That looks SO much more appealing. Bex could never.

I watched to the end of this cake making disaster and I was thinking, I feel I could be watching a parady of B. on SNL

10.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Goomie @ 4/26/2024, 11:32 PM) 
    I haven’t been able to get invidious to work for me since last night. I’M MISSING EVERYTHING!!! 😂😂

Someone posted this site also where there shouldn't be view counts, etc...

https://viewtube.io/results?search_query=acre%20homestead

QUOTE (Squirrel! Jones @ 4/26/2024, 11:58 PM) 
    QUOTE (Goomie @ 26/4/2024, 23:32) 

Invidious isn't working for me either. Boo!

Here's another site to watch with no counts.
    https://viewtube.io/results?search_query=acre%20homestead

11.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (EenQueenPigBex @ 26/4/2024, 23:45) 
    That coconut cream pie filling is NOT set. In fact, all these desserts look like hammered shit. Why does she rush through everything and what the fuck is with being careless and messy? It’s not cute.

Look up rage baiting.

12.     +12   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Roots and Refuge just put out a video saying there has been a drop in interest in the homesteading community on YouTube to the point some channels are quitting. She is taking a few weeks off to rest and recharge. She says her algorithm will drop but she is ok with that. We can only hope Becky will quit.

13.     +9   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    So serious question for recommendations here. I been watching Becky for a few years on and off - she was still working as a hygienist when i fell on her channel.

I googled her at some point because i was just disgusted with some of her cooking (i rarely watch the gardening stuff) and fell in this forum which i have enjoyed reading for a long time too. 😂

Bbbbbbbuuuuuut i do like watching cooking shows so that it motivates me to try new recipes, etc.

Anyone have recommendation of someone else that is less nasty, more healthy (doesn’t need to be full healthy though), who does cooking videos that are fun to watch?

I’d especially like someone who is cleaner, less neurotic and not out-of-breath for no reason!

Thank you 🤣

14.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I like Laura in the Kitchen. She cooks a lot of Italian food.

15.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    :funny_dancing_stickman_smiley_e

653 replies since 26/4/2024, 17:51   64385 views