Herpes on the lips and potato-shaped bagels. Becky, for Josh sake, do more kegels! Pt 32

« Older   Newer »

1.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Becky's Slippered Hooves @ 27/4/2024, 01:13) 
    She destroyed that pineapple. You're supposed to remove the skin and then the eyes so it makes the flowers frilly. And she probably should have cut them so thickly

She absolutely butchered this recipe for engagement and you'll never convince me otherwise!!! 🍍

2.     +14   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    The thing about all these youtube homesteaders is that they've made their cameras the most important tool they own. Jess is a perfect example. Her job isn't growing food and keeping animals, it's youtube paying the bills. I think a very rude awakening is coming when they all have to walk the walk.

3.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Blabbermouth @ 27/4/2024, 02:17) 
    QUOTE (Goomie @ 4/26/2024, 11:32 PM) 
    I haven’t been able to get invidious to work for me since last night. I’M MISSING EVERYTHING!!! 😂😂

Someone posted this site also where there shouldn't be view counts, etc...

https://viewtube.io/results?search_query=a...#37;20homestead

QUOTE (Squirrel! Jones @ 4/26/2024, 11:58 PM) 
    Invidious isn't working for me either. Boo!

Here's another site to watch with no counts.
    https://viewtube.io/results?search_query=a...#37;20homestead

Thanks! I’ll try it tomorrow!

4.     +5   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Gogog @ 27/4/2024, 03:04) 
    So serious question for recommendations here. I been watching Becky for a few years on and off - she was still working as a hygienist when i fell on her channel.

I googled her at some point because i was just disgusted with some of her cooking (i rarely watch the gardening stuff) and fell in this forum which i have enjoyed reading for a long time too. 😂

Bbbbbbbuuuuuut i do like watching cooking shows so that it motivates me to try new recipes, etc.

Anyone have recommendation of someone else that is less nasty, more healthy (doesn’t need to be full healthy though), who does cooking videos that are fun to watch?

I’d especially like someone who is cleaner, less neurotic and not out-of-breath for no reason!

Thank you 🤣

I'm an Alison Roman fan. She's had controversy and yes is pretentious but she cooks (and creates from her own brain) with stories of why she's making something and what inspired her and I find her fun to watch. I like the shit she makes. Period.

She's stylized and has a team so she's not like Becky. Like at all. I follow Becky soley for the snark. I may not be the person to answer this. But that's my genre and vibe of cooking.

5.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Gogog @ 27/4/2024, 03:04) 
    So serious question for recommendations here. I been watching Becky for a few years on and off - she was still working as a hygienist when i fell on her channel.

I googled her at some point because i was just disgusted with some of her cooking (i rarely watch the gardening stuff) and fell in this forum which i have enjoyed reading for a long time too. 😂

Bbbbbbbuuuuuut i do like watching cooking shows so that it motivates me to try new recipes, etc.

Anyone have recommendation of someone else that is less nasty, more healthy (doesn’t need to be full healthy though), who does cooking videos that are fun to watch?

I’d especially like someone who is cleaner, less neurotic and not out-of-breath for no reason!

Thank you 🤣

Hi there! I love Natasha’s Kitchen…been watching her for years and bought her cookbook. I also like views on the road, divas can cook, preppy kitchen…and Sam the cooking guy is a lot of fun 😀

6.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Gogog @ 4/26/2024, 06:04 PM) 

Thank you 🤣

I watch Rachel cooks with Love and Natasha's Kitchen, both beautiful women with positive attitudes and good cooking.

7.     +8   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Maybe less fancy than Natasha but I like Gemma from Bigger Bolder Baking. I made few of recipes and always came out perfect. Same with Anna Olsen but she is not a YouTuber 😁

8.     +14   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Homesteading Youtube views are declining because the pandemic is over.

People wanted to find out ways to make stuff stretch and to have food on hand just in case.

Those days are gone and folks are back to the usual.

I started growing my veggies because of the pandemic. Was going to start canning but never got that far. That’s how I came across the “fun” Becky. Now she’s horrifying to watch! 🤦🏻‍♀️

9.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Oversalted & Loving It @ 27/4/2024, 05:15) 

People wanted to find out ways to make stuff stretch and to have food on hand just in case.

I started growing my veggies because of the pandemic. Was going to start canning but never got that far. That’s how I came across the “fun” Becky. Now she’s horrifying to watch! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Good point! Also, there are only so many videos I can watch of people planting their gardens and making canned food. There's a reason most regular TV shows only last a few seasons. YouTube is no different. People get bored and move on to the next thing.

10.     +7   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Gah! She pretty much just dialed it in and slapped shit together, with crap flying everywhere from her mixer.

Has about as much frosting as she did cake batter and says, "I hope there's enough frosting" and than slaps it on like blobs of mud. I think she's losing interest in doing this anymore....or she's a high functioning alcoholic. She may think she's doing a better job than she really is. And no taste tests? Probably because she f-ed everything up and still trying to "sell it".

I wanted to see her cut that cake with the pineapple leather she had on it as decoration. All that will have to come off to cut it. The way she was snapping those skewers....some IS bound to get a splinter. I was taught to use a straw, that way if someone comes across it they don't get injured.

I wonder if she's sharing those desserts. That's a LOT of sweets for 2 and a half people. I never did see what she did with the toasted pecans, I thought they were supposed to be on top of something, I guess it was in it?

11.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I was watching Date And Switch for the first time since discovering Becky and now I can't unsee it

dustin-ybarra-arrives-at-the-world-premiere-of-easter-sunday-on-tuesday-aug-2-2022-at-the-tcl-chinese-theatre-in-los-angeles-photo-by-willy-sanjuaninvisionap-2MAYD2X

12.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Sammy Samyy @ 27/4/2024, 10:54) 
    QUOTE (ID**’tEatSugar @ 4/26/2024, 06:51 PM) 
    Title by CuriousJ

Except you posted it Mrs Heindquarters who created a website so people can keep harassing, defaming, and making up lies so YouTubers will commit suicide. Ice Ice baby

????What??? Nothing you said in this comment makes any sense. I'm guessing Sammy Sammy is really Becky, since she can't seem to make any sense either. What a dumb ass!

13.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    As if we needed any more proof that Becky's drinking has gotten out of control.

Reading between the lines (Hein-dquarters?) of that nonsensical post...We can only hope that she's hinting that she's being treated by a doctor with that name, who is one of the top psychiatrists in Becky's area. Much better option than Better Help!

Edited by CuriousJ - 4/27/2024, 04:59 PM

14.     +13   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    There we go again... She didn't read the recipe properly, what's new so had to borrow a cake pan from a neighbour, friend. Just say it's Renee bex, we all know it.

15.     +11   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Oversalted & Loving It @ 27/4/2024, 05:15) 

I’m absolutely certain that Covid was a contributing factor in a) people like Becky starting YouTube channels and b) people watching much more YouTube than they ever did before. Now that the pandemic days are behind us, I’m sure viewing habits have changed and, unless it’s a channel that features original, interesting content, the numbers will fall after a period of stagnation.

Becky’s problem is that her channel is a basically a cycle of repetition and she doesn’t have the personality to carry doing the same things over and over again. And not even doing it well! She did have a certain appeal when she started her channel but I honestly think she’s YouTubed her channel to the max of its potential. She never learns from mistakes and we see the same gardening, cooking and food preservation fails on a loop.

Moving to the new place and putting so much pressure herself to churn out so many videos to keep the $s coming is counterproductive.

681 replies since 26/4/2024, 17:51   67736 views