Herpes on the lips and potato-shaped bagels. Becky, for Josh sake, do more kegels! Pt 32

« Older   Newer »

1.     +20   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She is too worried about her algorithm. She is putting out crappy content just so she can have a video to post every other day. She is way over her head.

2.     +15   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Getting caught up here..

For reliable recipes, try America's Test Kitchen.

I believe the homesteading/gardening channels are in decline much like the makeup community is now. Makeup channels were huge before the pandemic and now a lot of the big names have quit or slowed down on content. There are only so many times you can watch someone apply makeup or only so many eye shadow palettes one person can own. It's the same with the homesteaders.

3.     +9   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think all channels no matter what the content is taking a hit. Anyone can be a youtuber and YouTube is over saturated with people making the same content. A lot of fake people out there and people are starting to realize who is real and who is full of shit.

4.     +8   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group
    Banned

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Frosty2170 @ 4/28/2024, 04:28 PM) 
    Geez she's a disaster in the kitchen. I agree with SophieKitty the way she frosted the hummingbird cake was ridiculous. Her pie crust was too thick and that's why it's didn't roll out properly. I know everyone can't be a gourmet baker but she barely puts forth any effort to do things correctly.

It looked like she was trying the crimp the pie dough and then changed course and made a wall of it on the side of the plate. Far too thick. I think I have made a total of 4 pies in my life, but I know you should cut with a knife any dough hanging over the sides. Instead she just kept pinching it to make it thinner. Ugh.

5.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I want to see some empty shelves in her big pantry.

That ain't going to happen, I know!

6.     +5   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group
    Banned

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (HomegrownBabies77 @ 4/28/2024, 04:30 PM) 
    QUOTE (SophieKitty @ 27/4/2024, 20:14) 
    Forgot to add another thought. That citrus video. So you buy an expensive new tool to juice, you buy organic citrus, then store it in the freezer, canned, etc. why do that. I could really understand it if she lived in one of those beautiful states that you could grow citrus and had fruit trees that produce at the same time and you need to preserve your harvest. But since she does not grow it, why would you buy all that produce and an electric juicer just to process it and store it?? She could buy organic citrus in most grocery stores in a small quantity and make things as she needs them. Why do a massive production of food you just bought? I don’t get her logic. I can’t grow citrus either. I just buy what I need when I need it.

Just to note about said Citrus...it cannot be used in any of her future canning, definitely not safe so she's going to end up buying. No method to her madness.

I didn't know that about citrus as I don't can. What the heck did she do with all those lemons/what were they for. I saw the thumbnail and ignored.

7.     +8   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    She literally just shove them in the freezer after they wee juiced

8.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (shefferella @ 28/4/2024, 16:46) 
    Getting caught up here..

I believe the homesteading/gardening channels are in decline much like the makeup community is now. Makeup channels were huge before the pandemic and now a lot of the big names have quit or slowed down on content. There are only so many times you can watch someone apply makeup or only so many eye shadow palettes one person can own. It's the same with the homesteaders.

I'll add travel channels to that list. There are only so many videos you need to watch about how to pack for a trip with only a carry-on, or what to wear on a cruise. And there are 1000 channels yakking on about the same exact things.

There's a reason the actual TV networks are choosy with their content. Even Food Network or The Travel Channel have shows with different topics. Imagine if every single show was just another person cooking the same recipe as the show before them. Thats what YouTube has become, and copycats like Becky are just muddying the waters for everyone.

9.     +11   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (CuriousJ @ 28/4/2024, 18:13) 
    Getting caught up here..

I'll add travel channels to that list. There are only so many videos you need to watch about how to pack for a trip with only a carry-on, or what to wear on a cruise. And there are 1000 channels yakking on about the same exact things.

There's a reason the actual TV networks are choosy with their content. Even Food Network or The Travel Channel have shows with different topics. Imagine if every single show was just another person cooking the same recipe as the show before them. Thats what YouTube has become, and copycats like Becky are just muddying the waters for everyone.

My new obsession is Left Coast Revival. This woman has a resale shop so she finds all her treasures in places like estate sales, thrift stores, Goodwill etc. She's got great style and taste. She videos her shopping adventures (somehow that doesn't bother me because I get the sense she's respectful of the shop owners and stores and probably asks for permission unlike Becky) and then ends her video with how she styled up the things she bought. I just love it! She also shows her travels and she's been to some fantastic places.

Just thought I'd share in case others were interested. If you like Mid Century Modern, pottery and weird stuff (seriously, she buys some weird shit but then shows how it's beautifully staged and I'm floored), check her out if you're wanting something new to watch.

She doesn't bug me yet. LOL. I think my annoyance for Becky set in within the first week of me watching. Hearing her open her videos with "Hey Friendsss!" was what got me...not in a good way! Fingernails on a chalkboard.

10.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CuriousJ @ 28/4/2024, 18:13) 
    Getting caught up here..

On that note, when I look for a recipe I end up reading quite a few. Some are a little bit different then others and in the end I end up mixing 2 recipes that I know will suit my family. Same with video's I see people cooking the same thing but each with their own habbits or what they bring from their family cooking the dish.
    Maybe Becky is trying to do that but she fails every single time because the only thing she can bring to a dish is cheese and cream in whatever form. Or salt when there was no salt in the original. Mind blowing for her probably that you can actually cook very tasty meals without a single grain of salt in it.

11.     +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Acre Fauxstead, The Horticultural Disaster Movie continues.

I know, I know: from a vlogger’s point of view and engagement, any content is better than no content but Becky has become a parody, a joke act. Do I dare watch and risk my irritationometer going off the scale?
    Attached Image
    IMG_0486

12.     +19   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It’s Karma for pouring boiling water over $40 compost.

13.     +8   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group
    Banned

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Villainmom @ 4/28/2024, 08:44 PM) 
    It’s Karma for pouring boiling water over $40 compost.

Oh man...I just skimmed through that video to get the jist of her latest failure. And then this from GB.
    I found it curious that she mentioned that in talking to her husband he said (paraphrased) Hey, if they don't work out, it's a learning experience and we will just buy tomato plants. Firstly, she never LEARNS from mistakes and secondly- what with her thinking that she is homesteading when she buys the actual plant in which to grow. If she was a REAL homesteader, she would STARVE.
    Sounds like Josh had to talk her off a ledge? Maybe that's her attraction to him, but WTF is his attraction to her?

14.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Becky's Slippered Hooves @ 4/27/2024, 04:35 PM) 
    If anyone is interested in getting into homesteading

Shit, I'm doing it wrong.

15.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Josh is letting her off the hook. This bitch is on YouTube playing homesteader. Make her grow up and be the homesteader she plays on YouTube. She can’t buy her way out of everything!!!

648 replies since 26/4/2024, 17:51   63732 views