« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Edie @ 9/8/2016, 06:38 AM) 
    Liquid liner is too harsh on her. She really needs to use a cream liner and soften or go over it with powder. It's so easy for people to get carried away with those liner pens.

I forgot about Alex's diaper shorts. She wore that look for so long. What a nut.

I agree about the cream liner and powder, however i use the Kat VonDe Dark Brown (sometimes black for a night out) and some of the others like Stilla and it never comes out looking like Lisa. She needs to learn that less is more and all she needs is a thin line along the lashline with just a hint of a wing on the corners a tad bit thicker. She would also look better in dark brown. All that Black liner and lashes ages her with the blonde hair and lighter skin. That ridiculous long point she pulls out an inch past her eyes is Halloween makeup!

2.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Moonpie @ 9/7/2016, 12:45 PM) 
    Yep, I'm here 😃

I've been quiet because I'm so busy here. We've decided not to move to Florida and I'm doing a lot of remodeling, I'm exhausted but it's fun!

Lisa should sink some of her cash into an update to her digs instead of wasting it all on nude lipstick!

OMG.....I edited my post and it WORKED! :clicking-your-heels-smiley-emot

Hi Moonpie, I'm in the same situation in that we are doing construction in our home as well and then the kitchen, etc. I've also been cleaning out closets and letting a lot of clothes, shoes & makeup go in the last year and it feels good. I'm sure you are looking forward to when it's all Over and you can relax and enjoy :)

QUOTE (Indilwen @ 9/7/2016, 05:08 PM) 
    When Brooke graduates from high school (and hopefully goes to college) I think it will go one of two ways for Lisa. She will either have a huge breakdown because reality will hit and she will realize that she isn't a young woman anymore and her midlife crisis will ramp up to epic proportions OR she will try to compete with her daughter and start dressing and acting like a college co-ed herself. Heck, who knows...Lisa might even get a wild hair and go back to school herself and get a degree! I think I'd almost pay money to see that! I can almost picture Lisa dressed like a sorority girl doing a bar crawl with her strawberry margarita in her hand!

Lisa doesn't even resemble the Lisa I first saw when I started watching her several years ago. Back then her OOTD mostly consisted of jeans and cute tops with booties. Her hair and makeup weren't so "in your face" back then, either. She was so much more relatable. Now she looks like Caitlyn Jenner or a Real Housewives knock off than a middle class stay-at-home mom. And when I think back to when the most drastic of her changes started (the obsession with designer shoes, wearing "sexy" dresses, and over the top makeup looks, etc) more or less coincided with when Brooke entered high school. And Brooke actually changed quite a lot when she started high school, too...she transitioned from a slightly awkward adolescent who was very emo/goth in appearance to a fashionable little sex-pot nearly over night! It's obvious to me that Lisa feels competition with her daughter. And I think it will only get worse as time goes on.

I had to laugh at the visual of Lisa doing the bar crawl with her Strawberry margarita! lol My daughter is in college and I was surprised that the 90s seemed to be back a few years ago when the girls were wearing little crop tops and short shorts at parties ad tailgating. Can you imagine? Lisa would need to start another 'weightloss" (starvation & lunges) program to fit in, lol Only thing, the college girls know how to dress for different occasions, but Lisa would carry that look for her day to day activities,
    😅

3.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Chance86_ @ 9/8/2016, 04:06 PM) 
    One of the reasons I loathe to wear shorts is bc I'm very fair. I love my porcelain skin but not everyone else appreciates the natural look. My sister worships the sun--- people like her will literally laugh at my pale legs and tell me to get a tan (which I couldn't if I wanted to). It makes me feel like an outcast. And I know what my good features are. No one wants to see cellulite! As for the lesbian comment, it is a weird thing to say. I think it goes back to grade school. We wore skirts at Catholic school. Around 5th grade, our school allowed khaki shorts for both boys and girls in the warmer months. The only girls who wore them were these 2 strange girls who were rumored to be lesbians. Of course I wore shorts outside of school back then but I always associated "dress shorts" as more of a masculine option.

I'm pale, too...but after much trial and error I found a good self tanner and don't worry about the pasty white thighs anymore! Haha! I also have a sister who is a sun worshipper. She used to tease me about my fair skin, but now that we are both in our early 50's and SHE looks way older than I do, despite the fact that I'm the older sister. Guess what? She doesn't tease me and make fun of my fair skin anymore.

Like I said before, wearing shorts is not much different than wearing jeans (or skirts, for that matter). Not all styles and lengths look good on everyone. You just have to go out and find some that work for you.

Relating back to Lisa, that is one of the biggest mistakes she makes with her fashion choices. She fails to realize that something which might look good on someone else may not look good on her. The photos Max posted of Lisa trying to copy Alex's tiny shorts look is a perfect example! Alex might be able to pull off that look, but Lisa can't. Actually, that look was pretty silly on Alex, too...haha. But it was downright ridiculous on Lisa. Another example was that bathing suit Lisa got from Oliver earlier this summer...the one with the unfortunate cut-outs. Lisa probably imagined herself looking exactly like the waif-like 20-something model that Oliver featured wearing it on their IG, but it looked NOTHING like that on Lisa's middle aged body! That being said...Lisa doesn't have a bad figure for a woman in her mid 40's. She looks much better than a lot of women I see at the pool or the beach, as a matter of fact. But she needs to find a bathing suit that is more flattering and age appropriate for her figure IMO.

4.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ^^ I agree Indi, that one piece bathing suit with the cutouts is hard for Most people to wear. I think in Lisa's mind she is still "sexy" and wearing a one piece bathing suit. IMO she would look better with a more conservative 2 piece or tankini (Not the skimpy ones from VS she wore a few years ago) and a wrap around cover up when needed. That one piece did nothing for her figure.

Edited by EastCoastGlamour - 9/8/2016, 06:58 PM

5.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    Watching the GRWM. I find it ironic that her camera went out of focus when she was painting on those ridiculous wings. Even the camera is like, "Not again with this shit!"

6.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Chance86_ @ 9/8/2016, 06:57 PM) 
    Watching the GRWM. I find it ironic that her camera went out of focus when she was painting on those ridiculous wings. Even the camera is like, "Not again with this shit!"

😅😅😅

Chance, I like your nickname for Lisa, Lisa Lyin' :giving-thumbs-up-smiley-emotico

I have another, LisaLazy. She is so lazy that she discovered that she can pile her makeup on in the morning the same way, type in some affiliate links and call it GRWM 5 times in one month to make $$$$. She's so lazy that she cannot even bother to put together a 15 minute tag video of her favorites. So not to miss out on the $$$ she puts affiliates in and wears the makeup in her "haul" videos. Lisa's channel has become a joke. While all these YT'rs that started out way after Lisa are progressing and evolving, Lisa's is trying to hang onto her channel, but refuses to put out content or effort into it and it's shows. Check out how may thumbs down on the last few videos, yet all kiss ass comments. I haven't seen many familiar names or other YT'rs commenting in a very long time.

7.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    LisaLyin, LisaLazy...I have another one for ya'll if we're going for alliteration! How about LisaLispy! I don't like the way she lisps now that she's wearing Invisalign. I know it can affect a person's speech, but Lisa's voice was already annoying, but now that occasional lisp or hissy/sucking sound or whatever she makes...just no. I've noticed it's worse when I'm wearing earbuds to listen to her, too.

8. Mouflette

User deleted

Yeah Lisa's lame attempt at that tag! Pathetic. It was laughable. She is super lazy.

OK, off topic question! Will I get in trouble?? Not to bore anyone.

My hair salon of a few years keeps bumping up their prices. I went to a new place and liked the results and price. My stylist at the pricey place texted me, asking where I've been. I like her a lot. Do I go back and ask her not to add on extra treatments, to keep the cost down? Is this tacky? Help. I am cheap y'all.

QUOTE (Indilwen @ 9/8/2016, 07:32 PM) 
    LisaLyin, LisaLazy...I have another one for ya'll if we're going for alliteration! How about LisaLispy! I don't like the way she lisps now that she's wearing Invisalign. I know it can affect a person's speech, but Lisa's voice was already annoying, but now that occasional lisp or hissy/sucking sound or whatever she makes...just no. I've noticed it's worse when I'm wearing earbuds to listen to her, too.

It's her weird nose breathing!! Drives me crazy.

9.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Are you talking about when she sniffs in? She has been doing that forever... it's like she'll say a few words and sniff in. Weird. She needs to blow her nose before she starts and if that's not it then maybe it's just something she does out of habit..... like shopping, looking in the mirror, taking selfies and so on and so on.... Lisa has so many issues.

10.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    Mouflette, I would just be honest with your stylist! Very nicely say how much you enjoy her work and the salon but the price increases no longer fit within your budget. At the end of the day, she is really only texting you bc you are a client and she wants your money not bc you are friends. You have to do what's best for you.

11. girltalk
        +3   Like  

User deleted

SURELY by now she has seen the still shots of the faces she makes while putting on makeup..? :wacko: If someone made me aware I was doing that I would be so conscience of it and do everything in my power not to make those faces! Especially if I were making a video!
    The GRWM videos are just terrible. All the way around. She is killing her channel with them. I can't watch more than a minute of them. I would rather watch her buy groceries. Its like watching a slow painful death.

12. Mouflette
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Chance86_ @ 9/8/2016, 07:53 PM) 
    Mouflette, I would just be honest with your stylist! Very nicely say how much you enjoy her work and the salon but the price increases no longer fit within your budget. At the end of the day, she is really only texting you bc you are a client and she wants your money not bc you are friends. You have to do what's best for you.

Thx!! Appreciate it. Exactly. I just texted her and asked about the exact prices for highlights. What she does is adds on treatments I do not want. I will go back this time and tell her no to the extra glossing, deep condish. Will give it one more shot! Lol. Thx again. You're right. Be honest.

QUOTE (UptownElegance @ 9/8/2016, 07:48 PM) 
    Are you talking about when she sniffs in? She has been doing that forever... it's like she'll say a few words and sniff in. Weird. She needs to blow her nose before she starts and if that's not it then maybe it's just something she does out of habit..... like shopping, looking in the mirror, taking selfies and so on and so on.... Lisa has so many issues.

Yes! Lol at sniffs in. I'm convinced it's her big lips getting in the way of those nostrils

13.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (girltalk @ 9/8/2016, 08:09 PM) 
    SURELY by now she has seen the still shots of the faces she makes while putting on makeup..? :wacko: If someone made me aware I was doing that I would be so conscience of it and do everything in my power not to make those faces! Especially if I were making a video!
    The GRWM videos are just terrible. All the way around. She is killing her channel with them. I can't watch more than a minute of them. I would rather watch her buy groceries. Its like watching a slow painful death.

I can't watch her GRWM videos now. I could barely tolerate them before, but now with the voice overs they are terrible! Her haul videos are boring...just more of the same old thing every week. Dare I say it...I wish she'd start doing car vlogs again! At least she was more organic in those, and sometimes she actually managed to say some really amusing things. Or if she doesn't want to do car vlogs, she should go back to doing a few of her little "chit chat" videos. I actually kind of enjoyed those. Especially the ones where she talked about her divorce and how she met Jawn. I've actually gone back and watched those videos more than once.

She hasn't even vlogged going to the hair salon in months. I wonder if she was finally asked not to bring her camera in there anymore? I saw some stink eye from other customers and employees in the back ground a time or two.

14.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think Lisa may have just had it with youtube. Anybody can turn a camera on, place it in front of them and do their makeup just like she's doing, it takes no effort at all. When I listen to her voice over I hear somebody that is bored to tears just going through the motions. She's also not keeping up her Instagram and it's not because it makes her dizzy. :rolleyes:

15. MsLynda
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Anyone else notice her mentioning Brooke more often? Treading water, hoping to open the door's for her or at least get more free items and sweet gifts for her as well.
    Did she ever mention getting the products Jawn uses for his head? Wonder if she got a case of acne pads for Wheel?
    I think too, Lisa is seeing the party is over, but hoping to keep the money train on the tracks, few bucks here and there. Because it sure seems that whatever bankroll, she was peeling the Benjamin's off of, seems to have gone missing.

577 replies since 1/8/2016, 16:07   29632 views