Lissy in the City

Spends too much drinks too much

« Older   Newer »

1. Don't Use Prong Collars
        +2   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (EastCoastGlamour @ 26/3/2017, 17:27) 
    I like her! She's open and real. Has a career & friends and a good relationship with her family. Doesn't have her own kids but seems to enjoy her niece (& nephew?). I like watching her vlogs out and about because one of my favorite cities is Boston. I like her chitchat about random TV shows morning news shows and especially her movie chat. She's engaging and nice in her comment section. Really have nothing bad to say about the woman she; is who she is.

I like her too. I found her because of The Bakery. Someone mentioned her channel & I checked her out. Don't watch her too often though. One of the things I like is how upfront she is about affiliate links. States she uses them & that if a subscriber clicks them, then she gets a commission. None of that "thanks-for-supporting-my-channel-vague-nonsense". KWIM?

2.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Don't Use Prong Collars @ 3/27/2017, 04:07 AM) 
    QUOTE (EastCoastGlamour @ 26/3/2017, 17:27) 
    I like her! She's open and real. Has a career & friends and a good relationship with her family. Doesn't have her own kids but seems to enjoy her niece (& nephew?). I like watching her vlogs out and about because one of my favorite cities is Boston. I like her chitchat about random TV shows morning news shows and especially her movie chat. She's engaging and nice in her comment section. Really have nothing bad to say about the woman she; is who she is.

I like her too. I found her because of The Bakery. Someone mentioned her channel & I checked her out. Don't watch her too often though. One of the things I like is how upfront she is about affiliate links. States she uses them & that if a subscriber clicks them, then she gets a commission. None of that "thanks-for-supporting-my-channel-vague-nonsense". KWIM?

well, I like her too.
    She's an independent single career woman which you don't see at all on YT (at least not the ones I watch with the exception of Elle Florence & Aime something in UK). I suspect she's a partner at an investment firm which means she's a part owner, not an employee. She makes good money and she has no dependents. I don't see why she can't enjoy her money. She's over the top with her clothes but hey, I think she dresses better than Erin (a professional stylist)! :c_laugh:
    At least Lizzy (?is that her name) doesn't prance around Boston in a see-thru red chiffon dress in the middle of winter. :20130930101758-5e972761:

QUOTE (Chanelbaby @ 3/27/2017, 01:30 AM) 
    How about the rant recently where she names the places she's traveled to in one year! Wow this is physco behavior. She tells her viewers that MONEY is not the issue. To travel more she needs more time! She says she gets tons of vacation time from her job. I don't understand how the investment management firm allows these videos. She opened the door by naming her job. A quick Google search reveals which firm. I find her demeanor obnoxious and not at all humble for her riches and certainly not sweet.

She named the places because someone criticized her for spending money on bags and clothes. The person said you should travel and save instead of spending money on clothes. That's why Lizzy named the places. It is true about what she said.

Are you the one who left that comment? You're new to the bakery....

ETA: she shouldn't have said FU though... not very classy.

3.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I've noticed that there are quite a few YT'rs that have careers and talk about it. Like Lissy they don't actually name the company, but they will talk about the field that they are in. I don't see a problem with it as long as their videos are appropriate and don't expose too much. Personally, I think Kristina Braley exposes way too much on her social media. I liked her in the beginning, but her SC's, etc have gotten IMO too much for someone who is an Anesthesiologist.

As far as mannerisms or annoying ticks she may have, we All as humans have some. Allergies, sniffling, hair touching...Yes it can be annoying, but they are all part of being human. If everything everyone did in my life annoyed me, I wouldn't have any friends or family. I'm sure I have some annoying mannerisms that annoy someone, lol It's just personal I guess. If she annoyed me that much I wouldn't watch her, but that's just me. I

Her clothes, I like about Half of what she wears and the other half I may not like. I am not in the business world right now, so I wouldn't wear a lot of it. But, I do think she has some nice pieces. I like the looser tops with the straight skirts and boots look. I think she has a lot of nice looks. She dresses for her job as well and her body type. She tries to control her diet (when she's not eating out in fabulous restaurants) and I could relate to that. I love fine food and wine. She seems to enjoy her life, She's single, she should. I'm married with kids and I still enjoy traveling and nights out, but I for sure wouldn't spend that much on designer clothing. But then again, she doesn't have children to put through college.

As far as her "rant". So what? It wasn't that bad. She's always positive on her channel and if someone insulted her and she wanted to address it, so be it. She has that right. As long as she didn't get consumed with it, which she didn't, I don't care. An "F" bomb thrown, so what? I've never heard her curse before that on her channel, she usually keeps it classy.

4.     Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    No, I did not leave that comment on her video. And yes as you can see I am new to the "bakery". So have a chocolate chip cookie on me. I am very much entitled to an opinion even if it opposes yours. "Baked fresh every day".

5.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Chanelbaby @ 3/27/2017, 05:54 PM) 
    No, I did not leave that comment on her video. And yes as you can see I am new to the "bakery". So have a chocolate chip cookie on me. I am very much entitled to an opinion even if it opposes yours. "Baked fresh every day".

welcome.
    I didn't say you're not entitled to an opinion btw.

6.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Hello Friends, her real name is Alyssa. I saw something written on her IG on her birthday dessert. She calls herself Lissy.

7. MsLynda
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (EastCoastGlamour @ 3/27/2017, 06:16 PM) 
    Hello Friends, her real name is Alyssa. I saw something written on her IG on her birthday dessert. She calls herself Lissy.

Yes that is her real name and years ago in her blog she gave her last name. I no longer recall why. I know someone who does know her "in real life".
    And yes we've discussed her. Our last convo was more on the topic of the guy she was seeing at that point in time. The opinion was he was a playboy and that is why he was divorced. I think Lissy found that out, herself, not too long after that convo. There was a video on the topic of that guy . . . right after the start of 2016. I only recall because we were talking about him - his life, at a Christmas party.

8. Don't Use Prong Collars
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (EastCoastGlamour @ 27/3/2017, 17:41) 
    I've noticed that there are quite a few YT'rs that have careers and talk about it. Like Lissy they don't actually name the company, but they will talk about the field that they are in. I don't see a problem with it as long as their videos are appropriate and don't expose too much. Personally, I think Kristina Braley exposes way too much on her social media. I liked her in the beginning, but her SC's, etc have gotten IMO too much for someone who is an Anesthesiologist.

As far as mannerisms or annoying ticks she may have, we All as humans have some. Allergies, sniffling, hair touching...Yes it can be annoying, but they are all part of being human. If everything everyone did in my life annoyed me, I wouldn't have any friends or family. I'm sure I have some annoying mannerisms that annoy someone, lol It's just personal I guess. If she annoyed me that much I wouldn't watch her, but that's just me. I

Her clothes, I like about Half of what she wears and the other half I may not like. I am not in the business world right now, so I wouldn't wear a lot of it. But, I do think she has some nice pieces. I like the looser tops with the straight skirts and boots look. I think she has a lot of nice looks. She dresses for her job as well and her body type. She tries to control her diet (when she's not eating out in fabulous restaurants) and I could relate to that. I love fine food and wine. She seems to enjoy her life, She's single, she should. I'm married with kids and I still enjoy traveling and nights out, but I for sure wouldn't spend that much on designer clothing. But then again, she doesn't have children to put through college.

As far as her "rant". So what? It wasn't that bad. She's always positive on her channel and if someone insulted her and she wanted to address it, so be it. She has that right. As long as she didn't get consumed with it, which she didn't, I don't care. An "F" bomb thrown, so what? I've never heard her curse before that on her channel, she usually keeps it classy.

ECG, ditto across the board.

After reading your post, you reminded me why I like her. I think I'll go watch a couple of her videos now.

9.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Following and maybe going check out the Youtuber :)

10.     Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    A new video up. Does AGIB post several times per week? Wondering what the content will be!! Wondering if anything will be for sale?? I thought videos were only available on Sundays?

11.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Why does she wear her pants so short?
    www.instagram.com/p/BSboV6bgUmN/?taken-by=agirlinboston

12.     Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    When Lissy she is her shoes why does she put her feet out like she's wearing ELF shoes? She reminds me of D1 when she showed us her green Gucci princetown slides with the toe curling up (barf)

*shows us her shoes (Excuse typo pls...). My APPL is possessed 💋

13. Don't Use Prong Collars
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (UptownElegance @ 4/4/2017, 21:32) 
    Why does she wear her pants so short?
    www.instagram.com/p/BSboV6bgUmN/?taken-by=agirlinboston

She is tall - 5'9". Taller women tend to wear their pants shorter, out of necessity.

14. ballerman
        +1   Like  

User deleted

I'm 5'10" and never wear short pants. I find pants that run in tall sizes. With the amount of money she spends on clothes, she could do the same.

15. MsLynda
        +1   Like  

User deleted

I believe those may be J Crew slacks in that photo. They sell them to fit that way. I forget the name of that style . . .
    Anyway, right now they have some striped linen (on the website) that are cut the same way.
    A lot of women will wear a shoe that goes up the leg a bit to "fill in the gap" and add a bit of interest to the exposed ankle.
    I believe the light color shoe pulls the eye to the bottom of the pant, causing the eyes to focus there. Her entire outfit is dark - the carpet is dark - so that ivory shoe is visually jumping out I believe that was her goal, but maybe a slim more fitted ankle slack would have been better vs the slight flared crop.

She has been very quiet otherwise . . . maybe she is going to reveal new living quarters decorated by Erin Gates (Elements of Style) or some other well admired, up and coming decorator? (Just a fantasy thought, no foundation, other than imagination) Actually it looks like she was with her parents and family in FL celebrating birthdays - via IG.

604 replies since 26/3/2017, 12:13   54367 views